8-Feb-15 World View -- Iannis Xenakis's work 'Kottos' echoes Greece's Nazi vs Communist struggle

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

8-Feb-15 World View -- Iannis Xenakis's work 'Kottos' echoes Greece's Nazi vs Communist struggle

Post by John »

Greek Tragedy and Generational Dynamics

** 8-Feb-15 World View -- Iannis Xenakis's work 'Kottos' echoes Greece's Nazi vs Communist struggle
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e150208

Contents:
Iannis Xenakis's work 'Kottos' echoes Greece's Nazi vs Communist struggle
Greek Tragedy and Generational Dynamics
Nigeria postpones national elections because of Boko Haram
Gulf Arabs condemn Houthi takeover of Yemen

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, Iannis Xenakis, Kottos,
Greece, Germany, ELAS, Zeus, Titans,
Nigeria, Boko Haram, Yemen, Houthis, Gulf Cooperation Council, GCC

John

Re: 8-Feb-15 World View -- Iannis Xenakis's work 'Kottos' echoes Greece's Nazi vs Communist struggle

Post by John »

I discovered that this version of PHPbb has a built-in RSS feed
capability, which I've now enabled.

The new RSS feed address is:

feed://gdxforum.com/forum/feed.php

I've tried it, and it works.

gerald

Re: 8-Feb-15 World View -- Iannis Xenakis's work 'Kottos' echoes Greece's Nazi vs Communist struggle

Post by gerald »

John , it is interesting that you state ----

"It would not be wrong to describe the Generational Dynamics web site as displaying the greatest tragic play in human history. The countries of the world -- the US, China, Greece, Israel, Iran, Pakistan, India, Russia, etc. -- are all moving towards a tragic disaster that only they are uniquely capable of inflicting on one another. The script for this play is being written in the daily World View articles. Nothing can be done to prevent this tragic disaster, but through Generational Dynamics we have a way of standing on the outside, and watching it arrive, step by step by step."

for it resembles what Zecharia Sitchin describes in the "Lost book of Enki" regarding the two factions of Annunaki on Nibiru , leading up to their planet wide nuclear war and eventual reconciliation and peace--- same old same old? --- built into existence to relieve boredom?.

If so, the stage is far grander then we can imagine.

John

Post by John »

Generational theory is valid for all intelligence species on all planets.

** Book II - Chapter 7 - The Singularity
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... 2.next.htm

gerald

Post by gerald »

John wrote:Generational theory is valid for all intelligence species on all planets.

** Book II - Chapter 7 - The Singularity
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... 2.next.htm
I think you are making the assumption that things in this dimension are controlled in this dimension and not in a higher dimension and for reasons which we can't understand. Interesting.

cheers

Raynote

Post by Raynote »

I have an inkling of that sense of tragedy you talk about because when I was 15 and 16 I was lucky enough to attend classes that were called "Textes anciens". We studied Homer's Iliad, Aeschylus's The Persians, Sophocles's Antigone, and Euripides's Iphigenia in Aulis (all of these in a translation in French, of course).
And I remember the teacher telling us that in the Greek tragedy even the gods were submitted to Fate.

John

Post by John »

Raynote wrote: > I have an inkling of that sense of tragedy you talk about because
> when I was 15 and 16 I was lucky enough to attend classes that
> were called "Textes anciens". We studied Homer's Iliad,
> Aeschylus's The Persians, Sophocles's Antigone, and Euripides's
> Iphigenia in Aulis (all of these in a translation in French, of
> course). And I remember the teacher telling us that in the Greek
> tragedy even the gods were submitted to Fate.

That's true of the Greek gods, and it's also true of the gods in
Washington and on Wall Street. (And in Paris.)

Post by Guest »

I like this site because it is straight forward. This entry was cryptic. Why be vague now? Does this mean Greece and Germnay are going to destroy each other financially or militarily, or both? I find war between them highly unlikely: Greece doesn't have the fuel, medical supplies, or money to fight a modern war. The Germans would almost certianly opt to stay home. They won't even fight Russia, which is breathing down their necks. I have to admit, this entry is the most troublesome one I have ever read on your site. I find the cimmerian darkness a bit much.

Should I forget about moving to London? Really.

John

Post by John »

Guest wrote: > I like this site because it is straight forward. This entry was
> cryptic. Why be vague now? Does this mean Greece and Germnay are
> going to destroy each other financially or militarily, or both? I
> find war between them highly unlikely: Greece doesn't have the
> fuel, medical supplies, or money to fight a modern war. The
> Germans would almost certainly opt to stay home. They won't even
> fight Russia, which is breathing down their necks. I have to
> admit, this entry is the most troublesome one I have ever read on
> your site. I find the cimmerian darkness a bit much.

> Should I forget about moving to London? Really.

That Germany and Greece are headed for some kind of epic conflict
seems pretty obvious to me. If you think that's wrong, then how would
you imagine conflict would be avoided? Do you think Germany will
agree to forgive Greece's debts and to go on spending as before, and
they'll all live happily ever after? Do you think that they'll
indefinitely be able to "kick the can down the road" and go from one
crisis to another? Or do you think that Greece will go bankrupt, but
that's OK because Germans and Greeks will just go on with their
individual lives, with no concern for the enormous difference in
living standards? What scenario do you foresee?

Post by Guest »

I see Greece defaulting and having what is left of tbeir economy collapse. I don't see war between Greece and Germany. Economic ruin throughout large swathes of Europa, yes. Perhaps Greece will enter into some kind of Faustian deal with Russia-in that case, I doubt even God would be able to help them.

Greece seems to be at its end, along with the rest of Europa. But war between Greece and Germany? I see war with Russia. I see a reignited war in the Balkans, instigated by Russia. But mostly, I see internal wars with third world peoples. I see societal collapse in some countries-the more liberal and progressive, the more likely to fall. The last 50 years of progressive political and social experiement is now bearing fruit. Now the West is inheriting the wind.

I see Germany falling when the native Germans have become such a small minority that they can no longer support the system. But war with Greece? No. I wouldn't be surprised if Russia attacked Germany and met little resistance. I think Europa is hallowed out. Dead spirits do not resist.

I hope you didn't view my last post as an attack. It wasn't. I appreciate this website. Yours is the only one I have found that talks about these things in an honest way. I just prefer logical analysis, not poetic melancholy. I guess it's your Greek nature.