21-Jan-15 World View -- U.S. prepares Yemen evacuation as Ho

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

21-Jan-15 World View -- U.S. prepares Yemen evacuation as Ho

Post by John »

21-Jan-15 World View -- U.S. prepares Yemen evacuation as Houthis apparently complete coup

Obama calls for Congressional approval of military action

** 21-Jan-15 World View -- U.S. prepares Yemen evacuation as Houthis apparently complete coup
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e150121

Contents:
U.S. prepares Yemen evacuation as Houthis apparently complete coup
Obama calls for Congressional approval of military action

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, Yemen, Houthis,
Abdu Rabu Mansour Hadi, Abdel-Malek al-Houthi,
Islamic State / of Iraq and Syria/Sham/the Levant, IS, ISIS, ISIL, Daesh,
Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, AQAP, Syria, Iraq

Trevor

Re: 21-Jan-15 World View -- U.S. prepares Yemen evacuation a

Post by Trevor »

Based on his State of the Union address (which I was only able to watch half of because I couldn't stand listening to him any longer), my impression is that when it comes to the Middle East, he's going to do nothing. He'll do just enough to try and convince the public, let the clock run out on his final two years in office, and let whoever succeeds him deal with it instead. The difficulty is that with events moving so quickly and the complete inability to learn from his mistakes, it may not work out the way he's hoping for.

John

Post by John »

Trevor wrote:Based on his State of the Union address (which I was only able to watch half of because I couldn't stand listening to him any longer), my impression is that when it comes to the Middle East, he's going to do nothing. He'll do just enough to try and convince the public, let the clock run out on his final two years in office, and let whoever succeeds him deal with it instead. The difficulty is that with events moving so quickly and the complete inability to learn from his mistakes, it may not work out the way he's hoping for.
I think it's safe to say that he doesn't have the vaguest clue what
to do, and as you say, just hopes he can run out the clock and let
the next person be blamed.

NoOneImportant

Post by NoOneImportant »

To what end would one give an established pathological liar a dedicated audience, and then pretend that he is not, and will not?

As noted previously, this POTUS belongs in jail (you may choose your felony: perjury [perjured his oath of office "... will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States..."]; abuse of power for arbitrarily refusing to uphold established law DOM; altering established law by dictate, without the approval of Congress; treason: the dangerous, and unilateral reduction of the American nuclear deterrent) not before a joint meeting of Congress where any reasonable person would expect that he will simply proffer additional lies.

Where is Congressman Joe Wilson's declaration when you really need it: "You Lie"?

psCargile

Post by psCargile »

Eventually, we are going to have to decide which side to side with. Sunni or Shi'a? We are going to have to decide which presents more of a danger to Western Civ., and oppose them. The region will have to be stabilized in the aftermath of a war, and I'd image it would be to our advantage if the winner was an ally. Syria not withstanding, it seems thus far that the Sunni's are the greater enemy, yet we are allied with Sunni Saudi Arabia, while not trusting Iran with forthcoming nuclear weapons and their attitude toward's Israel. My fear is that if the Sunni's defeat the Shi'a, they are not stopping with that victory. However, the Shi'a could just as easy adopt the attitude of conquering the world. I don't think either side is going to broker a peace treaty with Israel, if there is still an Israel after war.

Or is it more likely that the world war will be a war to exterminate the victor's of the Muslim war?

gerald

Post by gerald »

psCargile wrote:Eventually, we are going to have to decide which side to side with. Sunni or Shi'a? We are going to have to decide which presents more of a danger to Western Civ., and oppose them. The region will have to be stabilized in the aftermath of a war, and I'd image it would be to our advantage if the winner was an ally. Syria not withstanding, it seems thus far that the Sunni's are the greater enemy, yet we are allied with Sunni Saudi Arabia, while not trusting Iran with forthcoming nuclear weapons and their attitude toward's Israel. My fear is that if the Sunni's defeat the Shi'a, they are not stopping with that victory. However, the Shi'a could just as easy adopt the attitude of conquering the world. I don't think either side is going to broker a peace treaty with Israel, if there is still an Israel after war.

Or is it more likely that the world war will be a war to exterminate the victor's of the Muslim war?
I don't think China will be particularly happy with either the Shi'a or the Sunni. - The Chinese may remember a thing or two from their experience under Genghis Khan.

Post by Guest »

China is a mess. I don't think China is all that it is cracked up to be. I think outsiders in the al;ternative media are more impressed with China than a lot of Chinese inside the country. China is corrupt-rotten. I doubt the Chinese leadership can keep a lid on things for much longer.

I think we are facing a world without super powers. We might not even have power blocs. We might all end up being ruled by thousands of warlords across the Earth.

NoOneImportant

Post by NoOneImportant »

Guest wrote:
think we are facing a world without super powers. We might not even have power blocs. We might all end up being ruled by thousands of warlords across the Earth.
Hope not, as all the hardware (read nukes) would disappear into the netherworld, with an occasional city across the globe disappearing into a periodic pall of nuclear fire - as there would be neither restraint, nor consequences.