10-Jan-15 World View -- 2000 killed by Nigeria's Boko Haram

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

10-Jan-15 World View -- 2000 killed by Nigeria's Boko Haram

Post by John »

10-Jan-15 World View -- Up to 2000 Nigeria civilians killed in three-day Boko Haram massacre

Cameroon requests international help to fight Boko Haram

** 10-Jan-15 World View -- Up to 2000 Nigeria civilians killed in three-day Boko Haram massacre
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e150110

Contents:
Up to 2000 Nigeria civilians killed in three-day Boko Haram massacre
Cameroon requests international help to fight Boko Haram
Some random political and media notes

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, Nigeria, Baga, Boko Haram, Abubakar Shekau,
Cameroon, Niger, Chad, Chibok, Paul Biya, Mali,
Paris, France, blasphemy, Ireland, UK,
Benghazi, Mark Basseley Youssef, Associated Press

Re: 10-Jan-15 World View -- 2000 killed by Nigeria's Boko Ha

Post by Guest »

I'm glad you mentioned the double standrards in regards to Islam, especially by the French. And, I'd like to add, Charlie Hebdo. The Jewish editor of the magazine denanded that Maurice Sinet, a 20 year veteran of the magazine, print a public apology for a mild cartoon that the editor considered to be anti-semitic. The cartoon joked about the marriage between a Jewish girl and one of Sakrkozy's sons. The cartoonist refused and was fired. A leading French jewish group posted death thearts against the cartoonist online. Not unsurprisingly, this story has been absent from the MSM.

Here is the story:

http://www.dailysabah.com/world/2015/01 ... eech-issue

The point being, this magaizine that lauds its suppossed opposition to ALL religions is really hypocritical. It gleefully attacked Muslims virtually of all of the time. I also agree that the attack was more about competition between rival extremist groups that anything else. I believe the public reaction is more to do with anti-immigrant feeling than freedom of speech, which, as you point out, is not really that free in France.

Having lived in France, I always thought that CH was a 3rd rate MAD magazine, nothing special. Now it is really quite strange to this rag lauded as a serious journal.