27-Dec-14 World View -- China's nuclear no-first-use policy

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

27-Dec-14 World View -- China's nuclear no-first-use policy

Post by John »

27-Dec-14 World View -- China's missile tests may signal end of nuclear no-first-use policy

China debates banning Christmas celebrations

** 27-Dec-14 World View -- China's missile tests may signal end of nuclear no-first-use policy
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e141227

Contents:
China debates banning Christmas celebrations
China's missile tests may signal end of nuclear no-first-use policy

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, China, Christmas, Confucius, Wenzhou,
WU-14, underground great wall, Xi Jinping, Second Artillery Corps

Tom Mazanec

Re: 27-Dec-14 World View -- China's nuclear no-first-use pol

Post by Tom Mazanec »

Let me see if I understand this:
The "optimum" (an odd word to use in describing nuclear attack strategy) for China is to use both kinds of missiles, not just the new hypersonic ones.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

John

Post by John »

Tom Mazanec wrote:Let me see if I understand this:
The "optimum" (an odd word to use in describing nuclear attack strategy) for China is to use both kinds of missiles, not just the new hypersonic ones.

That's what the referenced article says.

http://freebeacon.com/national-security ... e-vehicle/

Post by Guest »

I don't think China will be able to fight wars on multiple fronts. The Chinese army of the Korean war which was made up of highly motivavted soldiers and battle hardened and experience officers is long gone; most of died of old age or perished in the chaos of the Cultural Revolution. WHat you have today is a grossly corrupt army lead by incompetents. I remain unimpressed by the PLA.

I think China will probably attack a country or two, to rally its people. But I doubt it will long. China is really quite fragile. It's polluted in ways that are unimaginable to the average westerner. It's a miserable place to live. The Chinese just want to leave. That seems to be the only reason they make money (or steal it) in the first place.

The threat of nuclear war doesn't really bother me. I would rather be dead than surrender to China (or any nation). I just hope I die in the first wave of atomic bombs. I have no interest in rebuilding the world. I hate the direction the world is going anyway. Let it die.