15-Dec-14 World View -- Lynchings revive Mexican Revolution

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

15-Dec-14 World View -- Lynchings revive Mexican Revolution

Post by John »

15-Dec-14 World View -- Lynchings of 43 students revive the Mexican Revolution fault lines

Oil production to increase despite, or because of, crashing prices

** 15-Dec-14 World View -- Lynchings of 43 students revive the Mexican Revolution fault lines
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e141215

Contents:
Lynchings of 43 students revive the Mexican Revolution
Oil production to increase despite, or because of, crashing prices

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, Mexico, Mexican Revolution,
Iguala, Ayotzinapa, Guerrero,
José Luis Abarca, María de los Ángeles,
Indonesia, India, Taiwan, South Korea, Japan,
Venezuela, Russia, Iran, Iraq, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia,
US Energy Information Administration, EIA

Anonymous1

Re: 15-Dec-14 World View -- Lynchings revive Mexican Revolut

Post by Anonymous1 »

Is it just me or does economic forecasts where the prices like oil go up is gloomy and when they fall is gloomy. Steady prices is a sign of a fixed market so why the glum? Well, most prices are fixed like milk and corn and gold. Seems that only the costs of crack on the street are market driven.

John

Post by John »

Anonymous1 wrote:Is it just me or does economic forecasts where the prices like oil go up is gloomy and when they fall is gloomy. Steady prices is a sign of a fixed market so why the glum? Well, most prices are fixed like milk and corn and gold. Seems that only the costs of crack on the street are market driven.
The norm is $100-110 per barrel. When it goes up to $150 or down to $50,
then some people are going to get really screwed, and so the news
is gloomy.

gerald

Post by gerald »

Anonymous1 wrote:Is it just me or does economic forecasts where the prices like oil go up is gloomy and when they fall is gloomy. Steady prices is a sign of a fixed market so why the glum? Well, most prices are fixed like milk and corn and gold. Seems that only the costs of crack on the street are market driven.
Sorry -- December corn CBOT during 2014 has varied from a high of $4.50 to a low of $3.20 to current of $4.00 the price is not steady.-----

at99sy

Post by at99sy »

John wrote:
The norm is $100-110 per barrel. When it goes up to $150 or down to $50,
then some people are going to get really screwed, and so the news
is gloomy.

I disagree that $100-150 is the norm. For many, many years $20 was the "norm." Prior to the US invasion of Iraq, oil was comfortably in the $30-$40 range http://www.macrotrends.net/1369/crude-o ... tory-chart

I would like to spend some time and research the price of oil to gold ratio for the past 50 years or so. I'll see what I can dig up.

cheers
sy