9-Dec-14 World View -- State of Palestine joins the ICC

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

9-Dec-14 World View -- State of Palestine joins the ICC

Post by John »

9-Dec-14 World View -- State of Palestine joins the International Criminal Court

Canada and Britain close their Cairo Egypt embassies over security concerns

** 9-Dec-14 World View -- State of Palestine joins the International Criminal Court
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e141209

Contents:
Canada and Britain close their Cairo Egypt embassies over security concerns
State of Palestine joins the International Criminal Court

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, Canada, Britain, Cairo, Egypt, Australia,
Islamic State / of Iraq and Syria/Sham/the Levant, IS, ISIS, ISIL,
Mahmoud Abbas, Palestinian Authority, State of Palestine,
International Criminal Court, ICC, Gaza

Anon

Re: 9-Dec-14 World View -- State of Palestine joins the ICC

Post by Anon »

Neither side in the constant fighting over Israel has clean hands in any way. Those that pretend either group has behaved "nobly" or "solely in self defense" are just kidding themselves.
The ME is a horribly corrupt and corrupting place. Nobody who tries to pacify it comes away whole. The few small places that manage to break away from the horrible fighting over everything imaginable always get sucked back into it eventually, as Lebanon did, as Kuwait did as the UAE is now doing.
There is no "solution".

jimw4881

Re: 9-Dec-14 World View -- State of Palestine joins the ICC

Post by jimw4881 »

Overall, I agree that there is “no solution.” However, over time, there is a solution for each and every individual country. Once the oil becomes less and less important many ME countries will agree on a solution to end fighting since they will need to somewhat unite to survive like the EU had to do. Like NATO, Warsaw Pact, OAS, OPEC, NAFTA and several other regions with similar and overriding economic or security goals. Economic goals will trump religious fanatic goals for the vast majority of ME peoples, excluding foreign occupiers of any stripe. Countries outside the ME will just mind their own business as they should once ME oil is less important. How long this takes will depend on who wins the next all-out war involving Israel.