25-Sep-14 World View -- Nigeria's army and Boko Haram

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

25-Sep-14 World View -- Nigeria's army and Boko Haram

Post by John »

25-Sep-14 World View -- Nigeria's army sees a turning point as Boko Haram fighters surrender

Nato reports a 'significant' Russian troop pullback from Ukraine

** 25-Sep-14 World View -- Nigeria's army sees a turning point as Boko Haram fighters surrender
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e140925

Contents:
Nigeria's army sees a turning point as Boko Haram fighters surrender
Nato reports a 'significant' Russian troop pullback from Ukraine

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, Nigeria, Boko Haram,
Nato, Jay Jansen, Ukraine, Russia, Vladimir Putin,
Sergei Lavrov

Rowan

Re: 25-Sep-14 World View -- Nigeria's army and Boko Haram

Post by Rowan »

"Recently, AMERICA’s actions in Ukraine challenge YET AGAIN this post-war order. Here are the facts. After the people of Ukraine WERE BRIBED BY THE EU AND USA TO mobilized popular protests and calls for reform AGAINST RUSSIA, their corrupt BUT VALIDLY ELECTED president fled. Against the will of the government in Kyiv, Crimea VOTED TO JOIN RUSSIA DEMONSTRATING THEIR RIGHT TO SELF DETERMINATION. Russia poured arms into eastern Ukraine TO COUNTER THE KIEV GOVERNMENT BOMBING THEIR OWN COUNTRY, fueling violent separatists and a conflict STARTED BY KIEV AND SUPPORTED BY US MERCENARIES that has killed thousands. When a civilian airliner was shot down BY UKRANIAN JET FIGHTERS from areas that these proxies controlled, KIEV refused to allow access to the crash for days. When Ukraine started to reassert control over its territory, Russia gave up the pretense of merely supporting the separatists, and moved HUMANITARIAN AID across the border.
This is a vision of the world in which might makes right -- a world in which one nation’s borders can be redrawn by another, and civilized people are not allowed to recover the remains of their loved ones because of the truth that might be revealed. America WON'T STAND FOR ANYONE ELSE DOING EXACTLY WHAT WE HAVE DONE FOR DECADES. We believe that right makes might -- that bigger nations should not be able to bully smaller ones (EXCEPT FOR US), and that people should be able to choose their own future (EXCEPT THOSE IN THE CRIMEA). And these are simple truths, but they must be defended SO WE WILL BOMB YOUR COUNTRY IF WE FEEL LIKE IT, ANY TIME."

I took the liberty of amending Obummers speech to more accurately reflect reality.

I wish your country would grow up and graduate from kindergarten. Instead of wasting billions on warfare, how about using it to fix your healthcare system, so illness doesn't make people bankrupt - grown up countries look after their citizens' health. Instead of meddling with and eavesdropping on other countries, try focussing on getting the money out of your own politics - most grown up countries ban elected leaders from receiving bribes, you have made it a feature of your elections! I know, I know, you're only a couple of centuries old but it's time to stop playing now, so put the policemans costume away, put on your real clothes if you can still find them and above all stop throwing childish tantrums in case you accidentally start WW3.

John

Post by John »

Rowan wrote: I wish your country would grow up and graduate from kindergarten. Instead of wasting billions on warfare, how about using it to fix your healthcare system, so illness doesn't make people bankrupt - grown up countries look after their citizens' health. Instead of meddling with and eavesdropping on other countries, try focusing on getting the money out of your own politics - most grown up countries ban elected leaders from receiving bribes, you have made it a feature of your elections! I know, I know, you're only a couple of centuries old but it's time to stop playing now, so put the policeman's costume away, put on your real clothes if you can still find them and above all stop throwing childish tantrums in case you accidentally start WW3.
If we took your advice, then whatever country you're from would probably try to kill us.

Rowan

Post by Rowan »

John - I'm from the uk, so probably not. You're quite right, however, there are plenty of other countries that the USA has pretty much destroyed that may want to "get" you. That's the problem with meddling in stuff that is none of your business, the consequences aren't pretty. If you guys stopped interfering, ceased your hypocritical rhetoric, reformed your propaganda news and focused all military efforts into defence rather than aggressive attack we might get somewhere. As it is, your general paranoia is stopping any chance of reform.

John

Post by John »

Rowan wrote: > John - I'm from the uk, so probably not. You're quite right,
> however, there are plenty of other countries that the USA has
> pretty much destroyed that may want to "get" you. That's the
> problem with meddling in stuff that is none of your business, the
> consequences aren't pretty. If you guys stopped interfering,
> ceased your hypocritical rhetoric, reformed your propaganda news
> and focused all military efforts into defence rather than
> aggressive attack we might get somewhere. As it is, your general
> paranoia is stopping any chance of reform.
Well, I was listening to David Cameron on the BBC this morning, and
fortunately for your well-being, he doesn't agree with you.

There's a big cost to being policeman of the world. Britain used to
have that role, and now America is in that role. What you're
suggesting is that the world should have no policeman at all. London
and New York need policemen, and so does the world.

psCargile

Post by psCargile »

Don't worry Rowan, Obama is doing everything he can to foster the Caliphate and weaken the US.

Post by Guest »

Rowan wrote:John - I'm from the uk, so probably not. You're quite right, however, there are plenty of other countries that the USA has pretty much destroyed that may want to "get" you. That's the problem with meddling in stuff that is none of your business, the consequences aren't pretty. If you guys stopped interfering, ceased your hypocritical rhetoric, reformed your propaganda news and focused all military efforts into defence rather than aggressive attack we might get somewhere. As it is, your general paranoia is stopping any chance of reform.
Replace the word "America" with "Russia" and what you are saying would be true, paid Russian troll.

John

Post by John »

Guest wrote:
Rowan wrote:John - I'm from the uk, so probably not. You're quite right, however, there are plenty of other countries that the USA has pretty much destroyed that may want to "get" you. That's the problem with meddling in stuff that is none of your business, the consequences aren't pretty. If you guys stopped interfering, ceased your hypocritical rhetoric, reformed your propaganda news and focused all military efforts into defence rather than aggressive attack we might get somewhere. As it is, your general paranoia is stopping any chance of reform.
Replace the word "America" with "Russia" and what you are saying would be true, paid Russian troll.
You're probably right. If someone doesn't want policemen around, it's probably because he's a criminal himself.

psCargile

Post by psCargile »

We get involved because it actually happens to be "our business" through treaties, both trade and militaristic. Saddam Hussein's Iraq invades Kuwait and Saudi Arabia has a understandable and valid concern for its defence in context of the Iran-Iraq War; we were asked to intervene. Osama bin Laden didn't care for it, but it gave him an excuse to do what he and many others wanted to do, not because Western Civilization has been mucking about and meddling, but because Islam demands a global Caliphate. If Hussein had not invaded Kuwait, bin Laden would have used some other excuse for his terrorism, some other exploit would have presented itself.

And honestly Rowan, Britian did its share of breaking the Middle East after WW1, leaving us with a mess to fix when it became a problem. Thank's buddy.

NoOneImportant

Post by NoOneImportant »

John, the comment from a paid Russian troll like Rowan are the measure of the effectiveness of your on going commentary. So much BS in a single post. The best lies have a germ of truth...he, simply, has none. "... onward, onward, half a league onward..."