17-Sep-14 World View -- Russia, India sell to Vietnam

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

17-Sep-14 World View -- Russia, India sell to Vietnam

Post by John »

17-Sep-14 World View -- Russia, India to sell supersonic cruise missile to Vietnam

U.S. to send 3,000 troops to Liberia to fight Ebola

** 17-Sep-14 World View -- Russia, India to sell supersonic cruise missile to Vietnam
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e140917

Contents:
Russia, India to sell supersonic cruise missile to Vietnam
Over 500 migrants drown in Mediterranean after boat was rammed
U.S. to send 3,000 troops to Liberia to fight Ebola

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, Russia, India, Vietnam, BrahMos missile, China,
Egypt, Malta, Italy, Eritrea, Somalia, Syria,
Mare Nostrum, Our Sea, Frontex Plus,
Liberia, Ebola, Americo-Liberians

Anonymous1

Re: 17-Sep-14 World View -- Russia, India sell to Vietnam

Post by Anonymous1 »

On the 3000 US person's to Liberia, I have feeling some will get sick and will be rushed back to US for treatment which then will get more sick in US.I am amazed that Liberia is getting help as Ebola is not covered by Obamacare.

Anonymous1

Post by Anonymous1 »

Interesting thing to note: Army folks more likely to spread the virus. Sending in troops is the least desirable thing to do:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gBlTOLRBjk#t=2489

at99sy

Post by at99sy »

Anonymous1 wrote:Interesting thing to note: Army folks more likely to spread the virus. Sending in troops is the least desirable thing to do:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gBlTOLRBjk#t=2489

Sounds like the pinnacle of stupidity. Unless it has more to do with a mission to completely isolate a section of Africa for "some" reason.
Possibly as yet another base of operations for US Troops to be used for other purposes. Hide in plain sight as the saying goes.
The real purpose could not possibly have anything to do with true humanitarian reasons. This administration has been perfectly clear that they do
not give a crap about humanity.

cheers

sy

NoOneImportant

Post by NoOneImportant »

at99sy(Sy) wrote:
Hide in plain sight as the saying goes. The real purpose could not possibly have anything to do with true humanitarian reasons. This administration has been perfectly clear that they do not give a crap about humanity.
Great comment, Anonymous1's link also. Considering that the 3K troops are tasked with building Ebola treatment centers, and hospitals, they will come from the engineering part of the US military. And engineers, are not the medical corps. Engineers don't know a thing about communicable diseases. Now having said that, the US military was charged with the eradication of malaria in the Panama canal zone in the early 20th centry to facilitate the building of the Panama Canal -- malaria is, as Gerald has noted in another post, is not communicable.

Call me cynical but, Obama can and will make the case that both of the ultimate defeats in Afghanistan, and Iraq were Bush's fault. When and if Ebola makes it's way to the US, he will feel the need to deflect blame, and, as such, there won't be anyone else to blame -- it will have happened entirely on his watch. Therefore I ask myself rhetorically: "Is there any group in America that Obama detests more than the US military?" The answer is simply: Nope. Who better to blame, from his point of view, than the US military -- I can hear it now: "... they did it to us, they just weren't careful... you know, you just can't make an omelet without breaking some eggs."

Again, am I being cynical? Perhaps, but then again, how did Obama attempt to deflect the responsibility for Benghazi? By jailing a hapless film maker for months, and lying to the world before the entire UN; and by having various people carry forth the lie though every news avenue open to him. Cynical? Perhaps, but in so far as people are concerned past performance is future performance.

Post by Guest »

Why bother to build hospitals in a place that doesn't trust white people or medical teams?

NoOneImportant

Post by NoOneImportant »

Guest wrote:
Why bother to build hospitals in a place that doesn't trust white people or medical teams?
Acknowledging that I have written the above. We do it because they are people, because they need it, and because we can. We do it because it's the way we would hope to be treated if the circumstances were reversed.

Conscience and morality are stern mistresses, sometimes what they command is just not what I want to do. In this case we choose to help those who can't help themselves. But hapless US troops who do not have the option to refuse the service are not the appropriate solution. Employ contractors. Contractors will command big $ but they understand both the risk, and the reward, and they go willingly. Don't send somebody's poor kid whose making 2K a month in the Army off to die in an African hell hole; a kid who signed up to protect America, and Americans, not Liberians. Send contractors who will accept the risk for the reward.