12-Sep-14 World View -- President George W. Obama and ISIS

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

12-Sep-14 World View -- President George W. Obama and ISIS

Post by John »

12-Sep-14 World View -- President George W. Obama pledges to 'degrade, destroy' ISIS

CIA increases estimate: ISIS has 20,000 to 31,500 fighters

** 12-Sep-14 World View -- President George W. Obama pledges to 'degrade, destroy' ISIS
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e140912

Contents:
President George W. Obama presents his ISIS strategy
Obama pledges 'to degrade and ultimately destroy' ISIS
CIA increases estimate: ISIS has 20,000 to 31,500 fighters
Iran faces a double threat from ISIS

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, Barack Obama, George W. Bush, John Kerry,
Islamic State / of Iraq and Syria/Sham/the Levant, IS, ISIS, ISIL,
Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen,
Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, AQAP,
Somalia, Kenya, al-Shabaab, Minneapolis, Westgate Mall,
Syria, Bashar al-Assad,
Iran, Balochistan, Jundullah, Jaysh al-Adl, Army of Justice

psCargile

Re: 12-Sep-14 World View -- President George W. Obama and IS

Post by psCargile »

What can he possibly mean by "destroy"...How the hell is he going to do that?
By labeling IS as a conservative group, a conservative PAC, as Republicans, and as the Tea Party, and in some bizarre, twisted way, associate them with Fox News.

Kerry: ""We're engaged in a major counterterrorism operation, and it's going to be a long-term counterterrorism operation. I think war is the wrong terminology and analogy but the fact is that we are engaged in a very significant global effort to curb terrorist activity." But you've been adressing it as a criminal matter, not a military matter...so, I really don't expect much to change.

Southern gentleman

Re: 12-Sep-14 World View -- President George W. Obama and IS

Post by Southern gentleman »

As I continue to say, red team/blue team of American politics, neither team is my team. That includes the crazies fringes of both right and left. War on terrorism and war on drugs? They cannot be winnable situations no matter who tries or what they say. The most interesting part of following the generational theory, is watching countries align as predicted in the clash of the civilization war. That will be a WAR. Not this loosely termed war that is not really a war. But to the loved ones of the dead, it doesn't really matter what you call it. It is still loss of life.