6-Aug-14 World View -- Cyclic anti-Semitism surges in Europe

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

Post by John »

The Jews and the Spanish Inquisition

** 6-Aug-14 World View -- Cyclic anti-Semitism surges in Europe
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e140806

Contents:
Anti-Semitic mobs surface in European countries
The cyclic resurgence of anti-Semitism
The Jews and the Spanish Inquisition

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, Israel, Ban Ki-moon, France, Germany,
Silent Generation, Boomers, Generation-X, Spain,
Antonio Gala, Conversos, Inquisition, Reconquista

solomani

Re: 6-Aug-14 World View -- Cyclic anti-Semitism surges in Eu

Post by solomani »

What's the Moslem population of Europe now? I'd say this has a lot to do with the rise of anti-semitism.

Raynote

Post by Raynote »

I don't know anything about the rest of Europe but in France and especially in Paris the anti-Jews protests and violence come essentially from the arab muslim north-african community who are also, by the way, anti-Christians. Some protesters are extreme left-wing as well but without the violence, I think.

These anti-semitic demonstrations don't come from ordinary average French people who, like myself, were quite shocked at what happened in and around Paris some 2 or 3 weeks ago.

Another indicator that the French don't have anti-Jews sentiments is the small number of protesters: barely 12 thousand of them in Paris, and a few thousands in Lyon, Lille and Marseille, when there were hundreds of thousands of protesters from all over France against "gay marriage" a year and a half ago. I'm quoting that just as a matter of comparison.

solomani

Post by solomani »

I expect this is the root cause above everything else - moslem immigrants.

Raynote

Post by Raynote »

solomani wrote:I expect this is the root cause above everything else - moslem immigrants.
Absolutely!
They hate Jews, French people don't!

gerald

Post by gerald »

Raynote wrote:
solomani wrote:I expect this is the root cause above everything else - moslem immigrants.
Absolutely!
They hate Jews, French people don't!
And the solution is ----

Post by Guest »

With the West dying a death of a thousand cuts, I doubt they will do anything. The Baby Boomers and their "progressive" ideas have brought down the West. It's over. It's too late. It's complete fantasy to imagine that something will be done to reverse this situation. It won't happen. The young are too worried about being called racist to resist open borders or welfare for everyone breathing from every of the world. The Baby Boomers have shaped this world. And now, they will spend their golden years much the way I imagine the Romans did after the fall of the Roman Empire. The Boomers, the Xers , and the Digital generation,-or whatever they are calling themselves this week-will live out the remainder of their lives in a kind of unending post Katrina crisis. I can't wait.

Post by Guest »

I think there should be some balance to these posts. First of all, the hypocrisy of the anti-Muslim, anti-Arab crowd is astonishing. They love to clump "the Muslims" and "the Arabs" together, but then cry anti-Semitism whenever some dares to question Israel's brutal tactics in Gaza. Numerous people have stated in the press that opposing Israeli policies is anti-Semitic. That opposition to any Israel policy is an attack on "Jews". Is opposition to Russia's brutality anti-Christian? An Israeli newspaper pointed out last week that 75% of Americans under 30 think that the Israeli attack on Gaza was unjustified. Are 75% of Americans under 30 Nazis? Keep up the name calling and hypocrisy and you just might make them into Anti-Semites. The old name calling just doesn't work anymore. it just doesn't.

The racism and bigotry coming out of Jews (Israelis, American Jews, etc.) is as amazing as it is hypocritical. Did anyone every think that perhaps the violence and brutality of Israeli Jews could be fueling the anti-Israeli stances? No-probably never even occurred to you. I don't believe that Jews are inherently better than anyone else. They certainly don't behave better than others.

People n the American media love to talk about the murders committed by ISIS, but NOT the murders committed by the IDF. the hypocrisy has NOT gone unnoticed in the rest of the world. I think people have gone beyond frustration with Israeli hypocrisy to boredom. To being done with it.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/a ... s-graffiti

vincecate is a racist bigot who tries to blame the killing of Palestinian children on everyone but the people who are pulling triggers. gerald wants to resort to ethnic cleansing and genocide against Muslims and Arabs, but doesn't have the guts to say it. He just leaves a string of open questions.

With the Internet and social media, Israeli's cruelty and brutality are beamed around the world in an instant before the censors can move in. (But I'm sure that will be curtailed soon enough.)

solomani

Post by solomani »

Not sure who you are talking to but I am not a Jew. Israel is a democratic nation where Palestinian citizens are protected by the rule of law and treated equally. Constant attacks by Hamas, a military and political entity, eventually provoked a response. Hamas commited an act of war and Israel has every right to defend itself. No other nation would stand for an adjacent country shooting missiles into their borders. Imagine what the response would be if Mexico did that to the USA? or Japan to China? Its an act of war and Israel has shown restraint as a nation-state.

Rationality, survival and reason side with Israel. If you think Israel is in the wrong its not due to reason, its due to something else. And in my experience that other reason is anti-Semitic. If that anti-Semiticism is driven by ideology (Islam, NAZIs etc) or some other reason its still anti-Semitic.

FYI you cant "ethnic cleanse" Muslims. Its a religion and ideology not a race of people. Your thinking is very confused.

Raynote

Post by Raynote »

As a former christian finally turned atheist I would rather, if I had to and had the choice, live in Israel than in any muslim country around the world, be it rich or poor, arab or not.