20-Jul-14 World View -- Netherlands leads outrage

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

20-Jul-14 World View -- Netherlands leads outrage

Post by John »

20-Jul-14 World View -- Netherlands leads international outrage against Russia for airliner shootdown

Why do Arabs have so many children?

** 20-Jul-14 World View -- Netherlands leads international outrage against Russia for airliner shootdown
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e140720

Contents:
France reorganizes its troops in Africa
Netherlands leads international outrage against Russia for airliner shootdown
Why do Arabs have so many children?

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, France, François Hollande,
Al-Qaeda on the Islamic Maghreb, AQIM, Mali,
Nigeria, Central African Republic,
Operation Barkhane, Chad, N'Djamena,
Netherlands, Mark Rutte, Russia, Vladimir Putin, Ukraine,
United Arab Emirates, UAE

vincecate

Re: 20-Jul-14 World View -- Netherlands leads outrage

Post by vincecate »

John wrote: Why do Arabs have so many children?
Don't really know about Arabs, but I was raised Mormon so have some idea about why they have lots of kids. Partly they quote some scripture like:

"And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth."

Which they take as God saying they should have lots of kids.

I have not been Mormon since I was 16 but I had 4 kids. So I think partly it is just that when you come from a large family, then large families seem normal. To me a large family seems more fun and more powerful. At our family reunion this summer there were 34 people in 3 generations (some married in, my parents, my generation, and grandkids. There will be great grands at the next reunion). I imagine 3 generations under China's one child policy coming to a sad total of 5.

I think dedicated catholics also used to have lots of kids.

It makes sense to me that the most successful religions would encourage large families. Religions that don't would have lower growth rates and so not be as big. Sort of an evolution of religion thing.

anonymous1

Re: 20-Jul-14 World View -- Netherlands leads outrage

Post by anonymous1 »

For the population question, next assignment is to look to the different between income level and birth rates. In similar vein, you should examine the birth rates of catholic majority countries with those that are lesser catholic factions. If I were to mention hispanic countries, that goes without saying its a catholic majority country.