5-Jul-14 World View -- Activists and Kingdom of Hawaii

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

5-Jul-14 World View -- Activists and Kingdom of Hawaii

Post by John »

5-Jul-14 World View -- Activists demand restoration of the Kingdom of Hawaii

East Ukraine fighting gets bloodier as new peace talks are scheduled

** 5-Jul-14 World View -- Activists demand restoration of the Kingdom of Hawaii
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e140705

Contents:
Activists demand restoration of the Kingdom of Hawaii
East Ukraine fighting gets bloodier as new peace talks are scheduled
Mormons provide a free survival manual

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, Hawaii, Polynesia, Japan, Apology Resolution,
Ukraine, Petro Poroshenko, Russia,
Mormons, Church of Latter Day Saints

gerald

Re: 5-Jul-14 World View -- Activists and Kingdom of Hawaii

Post by gerald »

Kingdom of Hawaii? I think the what is left of the indigenous people are out numbered.

NoOneImportant

Post by NoOneImportant »

John wrote:
As I skimmed through this manual, it occurred to me that to prepare for everything would be a full time job for weeks, and then still require lots of time to keep supplies up to date.
You're correct it can be seen in that manner. Nor are the items acquired free, but you buy homeowners insurance, and auto insurance every year, and for them you have nothing to show for the outlay expended. The items acquired in preparation are at least tangible - they can be used, or eaten. And after all, rhetorically speaking, your going to need to eat something aren't you?

Don't go crazy, just do a bit at a time, crazy is just stupid, and the object isn't to be stupid. It isn't so much a task to be finished as a mind set. A manner of thinking, if you will. "I am going to go shopping today, what can I buy that will have a shelf life of 20-30 years? Oh, OK I need some dry spaghetti, so I'll buy 2 lbs instead of 1 pound" Once you start thinking in terms of being prepared, the object of what you do is to assure that you are able to care/feed yourself, both now and in the future. That is, to care for yourself and your family, now and in the future especially in the event of a traumatic event.

A sizable water container may be obtained cheaply (55 gal food grade drum) for roughly $5-$20. Food processors get their raw materials delivered in them and per the FDA the food processor can't reuse them, thus the processor must pay to have them removed - thus they sell them very cheap, or simply give them away. Obtain a few, wash the contents, fill it from a source of known good potable water, and store it for a year, when that year has passed, then change it for the next year. Each 55 gal drum provides a gallon of clean water per day for a single person for roughly 2 months, and you only need to cycle the water once a year. Don't want to mess with finding a cheap source, then buy them new, they're about $60 each, buy one a year.

And the message is that doing something is far better than nothing - anything that you might pick up that you can eat, drink, or use is something that you didn't have before. You quickly learn to acquire long lived (15-30 year shelf life food items, again the Mormons are helpful) food stuffs, and strangely, almost automatically, you start to look at food expiration dates as you shop; it's easy; you're already doing the shopping. Buy a pellet gun they are roughly $130, and a thousand pellets are roughly $20. If you have a fire arm(s) select items that use the same ammo and sell the others, then pick up a few cartridges each month, or every other month and throw them in a milk crate - so long as you keep them dry, they have a shelf life of decades. Don't have a gun, consider obtaining one, and most importantly become proficient with its use. Don't like guns? Don't buy one. Buy a bow - it's silent, and you can reuse the arrows. Find and subscribe to a Prepper blog on the Internet, they're everywhere. Remember don't go crazy - just a little bit at a time - something is better than nothing.

I must add, that there is nothing that takes the trauma out of the prospect of nuclear conflict - a bit of preparation, however, provides just a bit of insurance just in case you are fortunate, or unfortunate enough, as you may see it, to happen to survive.

Post by Guest »

I think the money would be better spent moving to New Zealand or Australia. :)

John

Post by John »

Guest wrote:I think the money would be better spent moving to New Zealand or Australia. :)
Does big make it better?

Of course, Australia is a vast territory with no shortage of space. It
is 32 times larger than the UK, with less than a third of the
population so the ridiculous property prices cannot be explained by
supply and demand. Especially not when in Mildura - a town of 30,000
people, hundreds of kilometers from the nearest city - a house costs
more than it does in Manchester, a crowded English metropolis with
over 2.7 million denizens.

It's clear that the reason for the obscene valuations is the
Australian banks’ willingness to lend massive sums of toxic debt to
homebuyers, thus creating artificial demand. This definitely adds to
the policy of ‘negative gearing’, combined with a surge in foreign
investment. Besides, even though a country on a map seems like a vast
piece of land, most of it is uninhabitable as it’s scarcely arable. A
cursory glance at the bank's balance sheets shows that Australia has
the most over-priced and over-leveraged property market in the Western
world.

Of course there are major world cities where space is at a premium and
prices are out-of-kilter with international norms: London, Moscow,
Tokyo and New York spring to mind. This happens when 20 million people
wish to live in a metropolitan area with infrastructure
limitations. However, the main Australian cities share no common
characteristics with these global hubs. Instead, they share incredibly
similar lineaments to property markets from the past which have
over-leveraged and collapsed, like Dublin, Miami and Madrid in recent
years.

So essentially, the Australian economic mirage boils down to two bets,
no different than a gormless gambler at a roulette table at 3am on a
dank Saturday morning. The punter can damage himself, but Australia's
recklessness endangers the livelihoods and well-being of more than 20
million people. The first wager is that property prices will continue
to rise and only ever rise (this has never happened anywhere, even in
the London's and Tokyo's of the world) and the second punt is that
China will continue to consume every natural resource that Australia
can dig from the ground. In plain terms, it's a gigantic, collective
insanity.
http://rt.com/op-edge/169908-australia- ... om-ending/

John

Post by John »

A reader has recommended the following four-page Emergency Preparedness Checklist:

http://www.redcross.org/images/MEDIA_Cu ... cklist.pdf

Post by Guest »

I'm well aware of the Australian bubble. I like NZ and AUS because their governments are serious about dealing with third world immigrants. I know the global economy is breaking down, but I don't want to be stuck in Western Europe or North America with a huge third world immigrant population. I know Australia and NZ do have large immigrant populations, but most are Asian, and they don't bother me. (Asian children are more likely to be studying long hours than selling drugs and robbing people.) It's not poverty that bothers me; it's the rampant criminality that does.

I read an interview with a Swiss banker yesterday, and he said the following:

"With a severely deteriorating economic situation there will be poverty and empty stomachs in many countries. This will lead to even more social unrest. In Europe they also have the problem of their populations not being homogenous, which will only exacerbate the problem. The rise of the oil price will of course be linked to war and conflicts on a global scale are now, sadly, becoming a real possibility. "

I don't think these places are perfect, but they might be better-at least for awhile. I don't think there are any safe places left; however, I refuse to just give up like most. Dum Spiro, Spero.

http://kingworldnews.com/kingworldnews/ ... lapse.html

Raynote

Post by Raynote »

Guest wrote:
"... In Europe they also have the problem of their populations not being homogenous, which will only exacerbate the problem.... "
In France, this is going to be a huge problem when things go from bad to worse! And I wouldn't want to be in a big city when this happens...

Post by Guest »

I have lived in France three separate times. I have watched Paris go from relatively bad in 1992 to outright dangerous over a 22 year period. The French countryside-far from any of the urban centers-is still decent, but France's urban centers (at least the ones I've been to) have become a no-man's land.

I'll never forget the conversation I had with an off-duty Austrian police woman in Vienna in 1992: "Be careful, not all of here are Austrians."

gerald

Post by gerald »

Guest wrote:I think the money would be better spent moving to New Zealand or Australia. :)
Having spent over 12 weeks on various occasions exploring Australia , and at one time, fortunately, avoiding four cyclones in three weeks. One should be aware that natural Australia can be very challenging and deadly, even though very beautiful. For an insight into some of its challenges I would recommend " Kings In Grass Castles" by Mary Durack. I doubt many of us could live through what she wrote about, the book is based upon the diaries of settlers who lived it. --- but of course we anticipate keeping most of out 21st century technology, but if not ---hmmm