20-Jun-14 World View -- Obama orders more military into Iraq

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

20-Jun-14 World View -- Obama orders more military into Iraq

Post by John »

20-Jun-14 World View -- President Obama orders more U.S. military involvement in Iraq

Nato reports new Russian troop build-up on Ukraine's border

** 20-Jun-14 World View -- President Obama orders more U.S. military involvement in Iraq
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e140620

Contents:
Warlord Suleiman becomes Iraqi Sunni anti-government spokesman
President Obama orders more U.S. military involvement in Iraq
Nato reports new Russian troop build-up on Ukraine's border

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, Iraq, Ali Hatim Al-Suleiman, Dulaim tribe,
Nouri al-Maliki, Russia, Vladimir Putin, Ukraine,
Nato, Anders Fogh Rasmussen, Petro Poroshenko

CrosstimbersOkie

Re: 20-Jun-14 World View -- Obama orders more military into

Post by CrosstimbersOkie »

I don't know how many people have told me that they don't like the idea of the U.S. being "policeman of the world," but that's exactly what the U.S. has been since President Harry Truman's Truman Doctrine of 1947. Every President since then has fulfilled that commitment till now, because the cost of a small military action was always better than a repeat of something as enormous as World War II. President Obama has repudiated that commitment, and the Mideast is turning into a mess because of it, just as New York city would turn into a mess if the police force stopped policing. Like it or not, America is the policeman of the world, and is already paying a price for the abrogation of that commitment.
Excellent point.

I continue to look for parallels with the lead up to WWII. And I have trouble. Obama is not the 'correct' generational archetype to lead through a crisis. Hillary is, shudder... However, Hitler was a Nomad archetype... Whether Hillary or a Hitler would be worse I don't know. She would certainly make a fine Hitler, minus the racial theories. She's ruthless enough no doubt.

Prior to December 7, 1941 American public opinion was overwhelmingly isolationist, even more so than today I think. The night is darkest before the dawn. So it seems that a catalyst may be a ways off yet.

NoOneImportant

Post by NoOneImportant »

Crosstimbersoki wrote:
The night is darkest before the dawn. So it seems that a catalyst (b)may be a ways off yet.
Or a single event possibly like Pearl Harbor, or 9/11 may instantly precipitate the change.

John

Post by John »

CrosstimbersOkie wrote: > Whether Hillary or a Hitler would be worse I don't know. She would
> certainly make a fine Hitler, minus the racial theories. She's
> ruthless enough no doubt.
Bill Clinton is a violent serial rapist. I've always thought that
that fact alone means that Hillary must be pretty ruthless, based on
the dynamics of their marriage.

CrosstimbersOkie

Back in the '90s I listened to a radio interview of one of Clinton's state trooper security detail when he was governor of Arkansas. He said that when Hillary would come in from a trip or simply from her work day she never had much to do with Chelsea. "She would just kind of pat her on the head like she were a little dog." He further stated that when issues came up at school it was Bill whom the teachers called and Bill who dealt with it. Hillary was apparently too busy as a career woman to be bothered much with the little dog.

John

Post by John »

CrosstimbersOkie wrote:Back in the '90s I listened to a radio interview of one of Clinton's state trooper security detail when he was governor of Arkansas. He said that when Hillary would come in from a trip or simply from her work day she never had much to do with Chelsea. "She would just kind of pat her on the head like she were a little dog." He further stated that when issues came up at school it was Bill whom the teachers called and Bill who dealt with it. Hillary was apparently too busy as a career woman to be bothered much with the little dog.
And anyway, Bill wanted to have sex with the teachers.

CrosstimbersOkie

Probably so. Wouldn't you if you had to come home to Hillary?

NoOneImportant

Post by NoOneImportant »

John wrote:
And anyway, Bill wanted to have sex with the teachers.
For those who believe that the Dems, and possibly the country are not irretrievably lost, it is not just that they ran - the Dems, - in the last six Presidential Elections, two arguable traitors, an environmental Nazi, and a black African Marxist, it is not just that they made three attempts to remove the defense of Israel, and to remove God from their national 2012 Presidential platform, it is that they revere a serial rapist, a convicted perjurer, and a disbarred lawyer as the most admired President in the last 25 years. Perhaps it might become a bit more personal if we were ask every woman who believed that Clinton is to be so revered, where, and when they would prefer to be raped.

Sorry, but these are people who belong in prison, not in "public service."