5-May-14 World View-Japan debates 'collective self-defense'

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

5-May-14 World View-Japan debates 'collective self-defense'

Post by John »

5-May-14 World View -- Japan debates 'collective self-defense' to protect America and Japan

Reinterpretation would avoid having to amend the constitution

** 5-May-14 World View -- Japan debates 'collective self-defense' to protect America and Japan
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e140505

Contents:
Japan's pacifist constitution limits much military activity
Japan debates 'collective self-defense' to protect America and Japan

NoOneImportant

Re: 5-May-14 World View-Japan debates 'collective self-defen

Post by NoOneImportant »

Events have, again, changed and significantly undermined American strategic defense conditions. The following report abstract declares that the Defense Information Agency (DIA) assesses with "moderate confidence" that North Korea has developed missile capable nuclear weapons.

http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10. ... 26TxUlEPvV

The meaning of this assessment is chilling. It brings into the realm of reality the threats against American cities, and American allies what have, in the past, been empty North Korean threats.

As Bill Goertz notes (Washington Free Beacon editor, and long time national defense reporter):
North Korea has in recent months issued provocative threats to carry out nuclear strikes on U.S. cities and against American allies.

According to the report, the Obama administration has sought to hide the alarming intelligence because it undermines efforts to eliminate nuclear weapons.
http://freebeacon.com/national-security ... -missiles/

As the North Koreans are known to be assisting the Iranians in the development of their nuclear program, it must be presumed that the North Korean nuclear missile weapons capabilities either has already been transferred to the Iranians, or will shortly be conveyed to the Iranians.

For a re-cap of the US nuclear deterrent position see: http://gdxforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=21847#p21847

Post by Guest »

It's the 1930s all over again. Some of the roles have flip flopped, but the pattern is there. I have listened to people say-in documentaries, interviews, books, and classrooms-"Why didn't people stop Hitler/Stalin/ Milosevic, etc.?" It is obvious that most people never learn. Or they have never studied history. (Which wouldn't surprise me in this day and age.) I agree with John, we are headed for another world war. (or maybe the tattooed and pierced youth of the West will just surrender?)

The basic problem with Russia is the way in which we have been responding to Russia's blatant aggression: we have done virtually nothing. We have put ourselves in the position where we will have no choice but to use nuclear weapons to fight off the Russians.

The worst thing is this: the Russians are not really that squared away. They are a mess. Demographically, Russia might not even have a good ten years left in her. The low birth rate, sky high levels of drug and alcohol addiction, AIDS, incurable strains of TB, and a myriad of medieval diseases thought eradicated in the West. Russia will continue to collapse. The question is how many people will be killed during its collapse? I can only shake me head.

The Russian army has been relatively modernized, but the starting point for them was very low. Are they a match America? No. NATO? No. The
Russian army is really not very good. A few elite units, but it's still a ramshackle formation.

Having lived in Russia and seen how they operate, I can only tell you this: The Russians only understand brute force.

Only a dumbed down West could fall for the propaganda pouring out of Kremlin outlets like RT Television.

Post 9/11 brutalities like rendition (torture), the de facto suspension of civil liberties, the WMD lies that lead to the invasion Iraq, the Neocon agenda, etc. have destroyed America's credibility. We are now looked upon as being "bad guys" in many parts of the world. Now the world is facing thug Russia. The world has become so cynical that they no longer see good or evil-just shades of dark gray everywhere. I think America wasted its blood, treasure, and reputation fighting illegal wars and destroying civil liberties. Now the world truly needs a strong America to stand up to Russia, and it's not there.

Maybe Europe needs to be destroyed and enslaved and suffer all that comes along with being occupied by Russians. Maybe that's what it will take before people figure it out. Maybe, with Europe's collapsing demographics, this will be how European civilization ends?

Post by Guest »

I would like to add this: I am not calling for America and NATO to attack Russia.

1) Economic sanctions must be effective.

2) Ban and/or EXPEL any Russian citizens that support Putin from the West. That will hurt. Wealthy Russians will do anything for Russia expect:

1) live there
2) educate their children there
3) allow their children to be drafted into the military
4) pay taxes

3) Seize the assets of the pro-Putin oligarch's. Yes, take the football clubs away from them. The oligarch's are nothing more than looters. They will turn on Putin if their lifestyles are threatened.

4) Arm the Ukrainians, the Chechens, and the Georgians. Make the Russians bleed.

The Russians do not want a nuclear war. We did these kind of things during the Cold War, and it worked.

NoOneImportant

Post by NoOneImportant »

Excellent ideas, all.