11-Mar-14 World View-Terrorism in Pakistan despite ceasefire

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

11-Mar-14 World View-Terrorism in Pakistan despite ceasefire

Post by John »

11-Mar-14 World View -- Terrorist bombings continue in Pakistan despite so-called 'cease-fire'

3D printing promises to revolutionize defense, aerospace industries

** 11-Mar-14 World View -- Terrorist bombings continue in Pakistan despite so-called 'cease-fire'
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e140311

Contents:
North Korea's Kim Jong-un reelected with 100% of the vote
Terrorist bombings continue in Pakistan despite so-called 'cease-fire'
Outrage growing in Pakistan as famine kills hundreds of children
3D printing promises to revolutionize defense, aerospace industries

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, North Korea, Kim Jong-un,
Pakistan, Tehrik-e-Taliban, TTP, Pakistan Taliban,
Islamabad, Punjab, Ahrar-ul-Hind, AH, Lashkar-e-Toiba, LeT,
3D printing, additive manufacturing

gerald

Re: 11-Mar-14 World View-Terrorism in Pakistan despite cease

Post by gerald »

3D printing, additive manufacturing -----

Back to the future ---- or the past

One of the comments made by "those who work on captured UFO's" is that they have no seams or fasteners, as tho they were made "in one piece".

NoOneImportant

Post by NoOneImportant »

And while I might initially conclude, as Gerald outlined, UFOs created of seamless structures as preposterous. I am inclined to hesitate, as one of the established goals of nano technology is the creation of physical micro structures built individual molecule by individual molecule - a current lab reality. While 3D printing doesn't use nano technology, who is to say that a hybrid of 3D and nano technology might create anything imaginable in our future.

To those who would say: "NO, it's just too preposterous." It is interesting to note that early NASA custom limited run stampings consisted of a mold - a mold created in the desired shape - a sheet of the desired material to be "stamped", and a considerable amount of explosive to, in essence, stamp the metal into the mold when detonated. While we might be inclined to say: who would use anything so crude? The answer is "we would", and did.

I first became interested in 3D printing in the mid to late 90s when the 3D technology was alternatively called: stereo lithography. I actually expected the equivalent of 3D reproduction centers to spring up all over the US, much as Kinko copying centers exist today. Centers expressly created to support limited production run development engineering, and limited production run requirements - but, alas, such was not to be the case - guess I should have borrowed a bunch of money, and rolled the dice - no hair I guess (it's an old expression).

gerald

Post by gerald »

NoOneImportant wrote:And while I might initially conclude, as Gerald outlined, UFOs created of seamless structures as preposterous. I am inclined to hesitate, as one of the established goals of nano technology is the creation of physical micro structures built individual molecule by individual molecule - a current lab reality. While 3D printing doesn't use nano technology, who is to say that a hybrid of 3D and nano technology might create anything imaginable in our future.

To those who would say: "NO, it's just too preposterous." It is interesting to note that early NASA custom limited run stampings consisted of a mold - a mold created in the desired shape - a sheet of the desired material to be "stamped", and a considerable amount of explosive to, in essence, stamp the metal into the mold when detonated. While we might be inclined to say: who would use anything so crude? The answer is "we would", and did.

I first became interested in 3D printing in the mid to late 90s when the 3D technology was alternatively called: stereo lithography. I actually expected the equivalent of 3D reproduction centers to spring up all over the US, much as Kinko copying centers exist today. Centers expressly created to support limited production run development engineering, and limited production run requirements - but, alas, such was not to be the case - guess I should have borrowed a bunch of money, and rolled the dice - no hair I guess (it's an old expression).
Others have said, " it appears some of the craft where "grown" as in very advanced 3d printing?

NoOneImportant

Post by NoOneImportant »

Or advanced nano tech., where the item is more grown, than made: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOujRp2xKTY

NoOneImportant

Post by NoOneImportant »

Or for a bit more, it's 34 minuets https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icHRs3qMj9g, and www.nanotechnology-product.com. A future more grown than built.

gerald

Post by gerald »

NoOneImportant wrote:Or for a bit more, it's 34 minuets https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icHRs3qMj9g, and http://www.nanotechnology-product.com. A future more grown than built.
Thanks for the links. -- It has been said that technology to the primitive or uninformed is like "magic".

cheers,

g