17-Feb-14 World View -- Egypt's terrorism escalates

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

17-Feb-14 World View -- Egypt's terrorism escalates

Post by John »

17-Feb-14 World View -- Egypt's terrorism escalates with attack on tourist bus

The 'New Frugality' versus the 'New Criminality'

** 17-Feb-14 World View -- Egypt's terrorism escalates with attack on tourist bus
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e140217

Contents:
Egypt's terrorism escalates with attack on tourist bus
The 'New Frugality' versus the 'New Criminality'

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, Egypt, Sinai, Mohamed Morsi,
Ansar Jerusalem, Ansar Bayt al Maqdis, Champions of Jerusalem,
New Frugality, New Criminality, Generation-X

ademac

Re: 17-Feb-14 World View -- Egypt's terrorism escalates

Post by ademac »

Two website leading the way in "The new Frugality " of which you speak

Early Retirement Extreme
http://earlyretirementextreme.com/

Mr Money Mustache
http://www.mrmoneymustache.com/

John

Post by John »

Although I'm currently employed as a senior software engineer, I still
get calls from recruiters wondering if I'm looking for work, and I
always like to ask them how the market is looking. I got such a call
this morning, and asked him to confirm reports that I'd read that IT
employment is way down, and so there's a big demand for contractors.
He confirmed that, and said his office has placed 15 contractors since
January 1. I asked him why people aren't hiring employees, and he
said it's because of Obamacare.

solomani

Post by solomani »

Isn’t President Obama technically a Baby Boomer?

John

Post by John »

solomani wrote:Isn’t President Obama technically a Baby Boomer?
You're absolutely right that the standard definition of Gen-X starts
them in birth year 1963 or 1964.

But from the point of view of generational theory, what matters is
when a child is old enough to know what's going on, and is able to
adopt generational attitudes and behaviors, usually around five years
old. So in generational theory, the Boomers start from birth year
1942, and the Gen-Xers start from birth year 1959.

NoOneImportant

Post by NoOneImportant »

John wrote:
It's easy to forget how much criminality there's been in the last decade,
The rot goes deeper than realized - the DOJ is the protector of society. When perverted - and it is not just Holder, although Holder is certainly the head of this criminal enterprise - no one is safe. It is the DOJ who indict the criminal, it is they - DOJ - who bring them before what's become an increasingly politically corrupted activist judiciary. And none of those protections have taken place under Holder's criminal DOJ administration. As is the case in all revealed criminal action in Obama's administration - nothing is their fault; by their own admission they know nothing about virtually anything; they purport to have no idea what is happening anywhere the light of day is shined to reveal criminal action; no one is ever fired; and all communications from them is calculated to: deceive, distract, and distort.

At best what is happening in Holder's DOJ is criminal negligence, at worst it is criminal obstruction of justice. Billions are appropriated by Congress for Stimulus, and awarded contractually to contractors who, with impunity, kick-back campaign contributions to those who awarded them the enriching contracts, with zero - that would be 0 - fear of prosecution. This is not just politics as usual, this is the quintessential mechanization of corruption - it is becoming increasingly clear that a system so thoroughly corrupted may not be capable of being saved. When Nixon attempted to effect the course of a non-monetary break investigation, at the Watergate, by the DOJ - not the loss of trillions of dollars, prospectively the largest monetary crime in all of human history - the then sitting Attorney General, Elliot Richardson, resigned.

Under Bush every single one of the Enron execs. - a Texas corporation - ended up doing at least some jail time. And jail time is what both Bush, and Paulson should have done for TARP-I, but that's another topic, for another time.

As this article and the X'ers actions reflect: under this criminal administration no one is safe. When so surrounded by corruption, the corruption becomes pervasive, and permeates all facets of life. There is no law, there is no protection, there is only a hollow empty rotting shell; there is only the means - funded at the public expense - to pursue "enemies." Don't think so? Then I would commend to you the making of a YouTube video critical of Islam and see where you end up.

Under Obama we have see the Chicago-ization of all American politics - weep for our nation, for we were once a moral people.

solomani

Post by solomani »

John wrote:
solomani wrote:Isn’t President Obama technically a Baby Boomer?
You're absolutely right that the standard definition of Gen-X starts
them in birth year 1963 or 1964.

But from the point of view of generational theory, what matters is
when a child is old enough to know what's going on, and is able to
adopt generational attitudes and behaviors, usually around five years
old. So in generational theory, the Boomers start from birth year
1942, and the Gen-Xers start from birth year 1959.
Interesting. So I was born in 72, does that mean I have slipped generations as well from Gen-Dynamics point of view?

John

Post by John »

solomani wrote:
John wrote: Interesting. So I was born in 72, does that mean I have slipped generations as well from Gen-Dynamics point of view?
The Xer birth dates are roughly 1959 to 1980.

bluebird

Post by bluebird »

Then Millennials are from 1981 to 2003?
What is the generation called after the Millennials, and when would it begin and end?

gerald

Post by gerald »

NoOneImportant wrote:
John wrote:
It's easy to forget how much criminality there's been in the last decade,
The rot goes deeper than realized - the DOJ is the protector of society. When perverted - and it is not just Holder, although Holder is certainly the head of this criminal enterprise - no one is safe. It is the DOJ who indict the criminal, it is they - DOJ - who bring them before what's become an increasingly politically corrupted activist judiciary. And none of those protections have taken place under Holder's criminal DOJ administration. As is the case in all revealed criminal action in Obama's administration - nothing is their fault; by their own admission they know nothing about virtually anything; they purport to have no idea what is happening anywhere the light of day is shined to reveal criminal action; no one is ever fired; and all communications from them is calculated to: deceive, distract, and distort.

At best what is happening in Holder's DOJ is criminal negligence, at worst it is criminal obstruction of justice. Billions are appropriated by Congress for Stimulus, and awarded contractually to contractors who, with impunity, kick-back campaign contributions to those who awarded them the enriching contracts, with zero - that would be 0 - fear of prosecution. This is not just politics as usual, this is the quintessential mechanization of corruption - it is becoming increasingly clear that a system so thoroughly corrupted may not be capable of being saved. When Nixon attempted to effect the course of a non-monetary break investigation, at the Watergate, by the DOJ - not the loss of trillions of dollars, prospectively the largest monetary crime in all of human history - the then sitting Attorney General, Elliot Richardson, resigned.

Under Bush every single one of the Enron execs. - a Texas corporation - ended up doing at least some jail time. And jail time is what both Bush, and Paulson should have done for TARP-I, but that's another topic, for another time.

As this article and the X'ers actions reflect: under this criminal administration no one is safe. When so surrounded by corruption, the corruption becomes pervasive, and permeates all facets of life. There is no law, there is no protection, there is only a hollow empty rotting shell; there is only the means - funded at the public expense - to pursue "enemies." Don't think so? Then I would commend to you the making of a YouTube video critical of Islam and see where you end up.

Under Obama we have see the Chicago-ization of all American politics - weep for our nation, for we were once a moral people.
A little perspective ------
About 40 years ago, I was told by someone ,who I could trust to tell the truth, that he was told by a Mayor of a fairly large southern city that he "the mayor" could make or break anyone in town, including having an employee fired by his employer even if the employer didn't want to. Nice.