6-Feb-14 World View -- Gory lynching in Central African Rep

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

6-Feb-14 World View -- Gory lynching in Central African Rep

Post by John »

6-Feb-14 World View -- Another gory lynching in Central African Republic, this time by soldiers

U.S. challenges China on South China Sea claims

** 6-Feb-14 World View -- Another gory lynching in Central African Republic, this time by soldiers
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e140206

Contents:
Another gory lynching in Central African Republic, this time by soldiers
China struggles to import food from around the world
U.S. challenges China on South China Sea claims

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, Central African Republic, Catherine Samba-Panza,
Syria, Bashar al-Assad, Burma, Myanmar,
Kongo-Wara Rebellion, War of the Hoe Handle,
China, Tajikistan, Kazakhstan, Russia,
Ukraine, France, Netherlands, Germany,
Philippines, Benigno Aquino, Hitler, Lebensraum,
Danny Russel, James Shoal, Malaysia

NoOneImportant

Re: 6-Feb-14 World View -- Gory lynching in Central African

Post by NoOneImportant »

With each incident, tensions are ratchet ever higher. It would appear that at some point one side or the other will either become silent - thus admitting acquiescence to the others wishes, - or will be moved to confrontational action. After any initial action, the question will be: what will be the subsequent next action of the party that comes out second best in the initial action? Will the scope of the initial action be limited; or will there be escalation - each side telling themselves: ... we'll show those guys....

The real incongruity in this sequence of events is the absence of any significant reporting in the American media. When I recount these events to "friends" who are not news junkies I get the stunned deer look - there is an almost total ignorance, and absence of realization of the potential consequences of what is happening in the South China Sea.

When I attempt to relate to them the events taking place I get an incredulous look of disbelief, or denial. As though they had just come to the realization that I had two heads.

NoOneImportant

Post by NoOneImportant »

The above post is regarding China and the South China Sea. Sorry for not making that abundantly clear - my fault, I'll do better in the future.

John

Post by John »

NoOneImportant wrote:The above post is regarding China and the South China Sea. Sorry for not making that abundantly clear - my fault, I'll do better in the future.
Actually, it was a dual-purpose post, in that you could have also
written exactly the same thing about the CAR story.

John

Trevor

Post by Trevor »

Be careful. You mentioned the word "Muslim" on Breitbart, a lot of those readers are going to start foaming at the mouth.

Some of China's food problems are being caused by the fact that a lot of their arable land has been polluted to the point where nothing's going to grow there without extensive cleanup, and how likely is that going to happen in such a corrupt country? By outsourcing all of this to other countries, it seems like they're starting to get desperate, particularly since their economy is beginning to slow down as well.

One more difference between the CAR situation and Syria is that Assad's likely to win this war within the year, barring something drastic like either the West or someone in the Middle East taking direct military action to overthrow. Personally, I don't think that's going to happen.

How many peacekeepers do they have in the Central African Republic at the moment?

John

Post by John »

When I started out at Breitbart in 2010, I had dozens of people
foaming at the mouth at me, some of really vicious. Now there are a
lot fewer. Most people who receive the World View columns do so on a
daily basis, and are used to the kind of analysis.

There are 5,000 African Union peacekeepers and 1,600 French
peacekeepers. The European Union plans to send 500 more.