29-Dec-13 World View -- Conflicts in South Sudan and CAR

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

29-Dec-13 World View -- Conflicts in South Sudan and CAR

Post by John »

29-Dec-13 World View -- Conflicts grow in South Sudan and Central African Republic

What's interesting are the differences between the two.

** 29-Dec-13 World View -- Conflicts grow in South Sudan and Central African Republic
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e131229

Contents:
25,000 man 'White Army' militia marches in South Sudan
Thousands try to flee violence in Central African Republic

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, South Sudan, White Army, Nuer, Dinka, Bor,
Central African Republic, Kongo-Wara Rebellion, War of the Hoe Handle,
Chad, France, Rwanda

Trevor

Re: 29-Dec-13 World View -- Conflicts in South Sudan and CAR

Post by Trevor »

One thing that's always confused me about Sudan is the First Sudanese Civil War that occurred in the 50's and 60's. The death toll given is 500,000, along with numerous atrocities on both sides. That seems pretty unusual for a non-crisis war, which I would have to assume it is if South Sudan had theirs during the 1990's. I admit, I'm not especially knowledgeable about that country's history, but it's something that stayed in my memory.

John

Re: 29-Dec-13 World View -- Conflicts in South Sudan and CAR

Post by John »

Trevor wrote:One thing that's always confused me about Sudan is the First Sudanese Civil War that occurred in the 50's and 60's. The death toll given is 500,000, along with numerous atrocities on both sides. That seems pretty unusual for a non-crisis war, which I would have to assume it is if South Sudan had theirs during the 1990's. I admit, I'm not especially knowledgeable about that country's history, but it's something that stayed in my memory.
I'm just hoping that I got everything straight. I'm by no means certain.