3-Dec-13 World View -- Ukraine again in crisis

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

3-Dec-13 World View -- Ukraine again in crisis

Post by John »

3-Dec-13 World View -- Ukraine again in crisis as anti-government rioters demand president's resignation

What do Thailand's anti-government protesters want? The conundrum is solved

** 3-Dec-13 World View -- Ukraine again in crisis as anti-government rioters demand president's resignation
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e131203

Contents:
What do Thailand's anti-government protesters want? The conundrum is solved
Ukraine again in crisis as anti-government rioters demand president's resignation

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, Thailand, Yingluck Shinawatra,
Suthep Thaugsuban, Ukraine, Viktor Yanukovich,
Russia, European Union, Customs Union

Re: 3-Dec-13 World View -- Ukraine again in crisis

Post by Guest »

Is there any real possibility that civil war could erupt in the Ukraine? Russia would actively support the ethnic Russians , but would anyone support the Ukrainians? If civil war occurs does that mean partition, or outright Russian invasion and occupation?

John

Post by John »

Guest wrote:Is there any real possibility that civil war could erupt in the Ukraine? Russia would actively support the ethnic Russians , but would anyone support the Ukrainians? If civil war occurs does that mean partition, or outright Russian invasion and occupation?
Ukraine is in a generational Crisis era, so a civil war is a real possibility.
There's no way to predict what Russia will do.

NoOneImportant

Post by NoOneImportant »

If what is described in this article is accurate, then there is great jeopardy for the Ukraine, and the prospective use of Russian force is dramatically increased - http://killerapps.foreignpolicy.com/pos ... fense_zone

It appears that after the debacle of a couple of months ago in the Med., and Syria, what is developing is coordinated Russian/Chinese action. While not exactly the same, it appears to be a 2013 derivative of the 1939 Germany-Soviet Non-aggression pact - the pact where Hitler, and Stalin first decided how to, then proceeded to carve up Poland. While what we are apparently seeing is not exactly the same, it might be considered analogous. China, apparently, will move unrestricted in Asia - at least initially in the Senkakus -, while the Russians, should the Ukrainians be foolish enough to provide the slightest excuse or modest bit of provocation, will use force to invade, and seize what they desire in the Ukraine/West. After Syria, and Iran, neither Russia, nor China believes that America will act to use force to protect the vulnerable. Until proven differently, Russia and China, obviously, will continue to believe that coordinated action will leave America impotent - as it did in Syria. Daily we come closer to the confrontation of nuclear armed antagonists.

Isn't the world a wonderful place with a weak America; an America who has alienated or abandon all her allies, and commitments. In the final analysis it makes no difference what weapons you possess if you have neither the character, nor the will to use them. America's cities need to prepare - for in the context of the current administration it is difficult to fathom what eventuality might take place; as all that is necessary for any attack upon an American city to succeed is to have plausible denyability.

I now know what Obama meant when caught on the open mic in Seoul when he told Medvedev: "...This is my last election. After my election I have more flexibility." Medvedev's reply: "I understand. I will transmit this information to Vladimir,"

Daily, the world becomes a more dangerous place. Even I must admit, this certainly is change. Fifty years of Cold War squandered by a community organizer - the inept led by the incapable.

NoOneImportant

Post by NoOneImportant »

The demonstrations today in Kiev will soon determine whether there will be Russian intervention in the Ukraine or not - http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/09/world ... .html?_r=0