28-Nov-13 World View - Nationalistic bloggers ridicule China

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

28-Nov-13 World View - Nationalistic bloggers ridicule China

Post by John »

28-Nov-13 World View -- Nationalistic bloggers ridicule China over America's B-52s

Iran rejects White House summary of nuclear agreement

** 28-Nov-13 World View -- Nationalistic bloggers ridicule China over America's B-52s
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e131128

Contents:
CENTCOM delivers Thanksgiving dinners to soldiers in Afghanistan
Nationalistic bloggers ridicule China over America's B-52s
Iran rejects White House summary of nuclear agreement

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, CENTCOM, Afghanistan, Thanksgiving,
China, Air Defense Identification Zone, ADIZ,
Iran, John Kerry, Mohammad Javad Zarif

NoOneImportant

Re: 28-Nov-13 World View - Nationalistic bloggers ridicule C

Post by NoOneImportant »

John, while it's a bit premature - by a couple of hours - I'd like to thank you for what you do, and wish you a Happy Thanksgiving. I wish good things for you, and hope that you have many good things to give thanks for. I can't thank you enough for what you do. You cover, in a unique manner, events that either through malice, incompetence, or bias just don't get covered, in any meaningful manner, in the biased media.

Loved the Thanksgiving pic. Spent 4 years doing Thanksgivings in the military in the mid to late sixties - 3 over seas. For those who have not been fortunate enough to have served - talk about mixed emotions, serving that is - it is quite strange, a true love/hate experience. For those who serve It's just another day, you getup do the normal morning stuff, jump into your clothes - fatigues, cammies, BDUs, or whatever they are called at the moment. You do today, what you did yesterday, and every other day - for that matter - life just is what it is, nothing out of the ordinary, nothing special If your single as most are, there's no family, nothing just what you do, and you do it all day long every day, with the same guys everyday. Then you hit the evening meal, and everything is different

All of the sudden it's Thanksgiving, I mean, it's really Thanksgiving - and it's startling, yes we all knew that it was Thanksgiving, but we needed to do, and indeed did what we were tasked to do - it was just another day. But when you entered the mess hall and saw, and smelled all the food, the first thing I felt was surprise at the decorations, and special food, and treatment - it was startling; the surprise was that anyone cared. The job was paramount, the job gave us purpose, the job gave us meaning, the job preempted everything for the job was life and death; for regardless of what anyone might tell you every private soldier intuitively knew why we were there - didn't like it much, but we knew. The surprise as we entered the mess hall was found in the fact that anyone cared. Thoughts, even if just for a few moments drifted back to "before", the time before the Army, when there was family, when the world wasn't at risk - or at least there were other soldiers in place who let me pretend that the world wasn't at risk - those who gave of themselves so that I might pretend that what they' did, the sacrifice of their time, sweat, effort - the gift of their life - didn't matter, and it didn't matter because they were there when I needed them, though I didn't even know how much. Each of those men, whether figuratively, or literally holding a rifle in hand, standing toe-to-toe, eye-to-eye, and face to face with evil; each silently declaring to evil, day after day, year after year - "Not while I live." Without those men who came before me none of us are free, for there is great evil in our world, and those men who I have pretended don't matter, have kept that evil away. Each of those men, when queried, will deprecated his gift with: "... I didn't do anything special, I only did my job." But they do matter, they mattered then, and they matter now.

While a young man I wouldn't have been able to put words to these feelings, thus each of those four Thanksgivings was indeed a surprise, a surprise that anyone cared. Later life permitted me to more fully understand what, at that time, I only intuitively knew: without dedicated armed strong men willing to stand in the door and bar evil's way - none of us are free.

Thank you John, and again have a Happy Thanksgiving, and again thanks for the pic.

solomani

Post by solomani »

I wouldn't be surprised if the establishment of the ADIZ had nothing to do with the Central Committee. So much of what happens in the different armed forces and police forces in China are not instigated by the Committee. Left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

utahbob

Post by utahbob »

John, thanks for posting that feel good story. There are a couple of reason that the combat commanders will go to hell's door to make sure 100% of the military will get their Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner. With 30 years in boots I have never missed a holiday dinner. Morale would go to the crapper, parents and Congress would throw a fit and the media would have a field day.

Look long term and see what the PLA deploys over the next five to 10 years to enforce China's claim. They know that shooting at BUFFs would be stupid.

Happy Thanksgiving!

John

Post by John »

Thanks for the compliments, and thanks to all for your service.

Happy Thanksgiving!

gerald

Post by gerald »

John wrote:Thanks for the compliments, and thanks to all for your service.

Happy Thanksgiving!
ditto to the above, --- what you do is incredible --- wish you the best.

solomani

Post by solomani »

Though I don't always agree I appreciate your work!

tim

Post by tim »

John,

Thanks for your hard work and all the updates.

While I completely believe in Generational Dynamics and the forecasts you've made, I am still surprised all this with China is actually playing out. The quote you have posted about being trapped in the horror movie theater after the movie is the only way to describe it.

I couldn't help but think of GD after reading this article about this popular Christmas song:
Their masterpiece, however, is “Do You Hear What I Hear?” Many people mistakenly assume this Christmas classic has been around for years and that it is of European origin. But it was written in 1962 during the Cuban Missile Crisis as a powerful plea for peace by a man who had experienced the horrors of war.
Here is how it came to be:

In October 1962, the Soviet Union and the United States were involved in a crisis centered on missiles the Russians had installed in Cuba. The United States threatened military action if the missiles were not removed. The world trembled and prayed as these two nuclear powers stood eyeball-to-eyeball.

That October, as Noel Regney walked through the streets of New York, a sense of despair was in the air. No one smiled.

Regney had endured the horrors of war. He knew the fear and terror of being close to death. The safe and secure life he had built for himself in the United States was on the verge of ending.

“Noel wrote a beautiful song,” Gloria said later, “and I wrote the music. We couldn’t sing it, through; it broke us up. We cried. Our little song broke us up. You must realize there was a threat of nuclear war at that time.”

“I am amazed that people can think they know the song and not know it is a prayer for peace,” Noel Regney once told an interviewer. “But we are so bombarded by sounds and our attention spans are so short.”

Let us hope and pray that, when it is sung in churches worldwide during the Christmas season, this song of peace will remind us that “The Child, The Child sleeping in the night” came to “bring us goodness and light.”
http://www.americancatholic.org/Messeng ... ature2.asp

Happy Thanksgiving all
“Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; - Exodus 20:5