9-Nov-13 World View -- China's 'Skynet' surveillance

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

9-Nov-13 World View -- China's 'Skynet' surveillance

Post by John »

9-Nov-13 World View -- China implements 'Skynet' surveillance program to control protests

Foreign ministers rush to Geneva to complete Iran nuclear deal

** 9-Nov-13 World View -- China implements 'Skynet' surveillance program to control protests
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e131109

Contents:
China implements 'Skynet' surveillance program to control protests
United States and Israel lose their votes in UNESCO
Foreign ministers rush to Geneva to complete Iran nuclear deal

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, China, Skynet, Uighurs, Xinjiang,
Tiananmen Square, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Terminator,
White Lotus Rebellion, Taiping Rebellion, Communist Revolution,
Israel, UNESCO, Palestine, Iran, John Kerry,
Benjamin Netanyahu, Mohammad Javad Zarif,
Islamic Revolution Guards Corps, IRGC

Rugger Jef

Re: 9-Nov-13 World View -- China's 'Skynet' surveillance

Post by Rugger Jef »

Which will come first, an attack on Viet Nam, India, or the Philipines, or the revolution? Is the country nationalistic enough that a declaration of war against someone will be enough to stave off the unrest? If the nationalism isn't high enough, will the attack trigger the revolt?

Post by Guest »

Rugger Jef wrote:Which will come first, an attack on Viet Nam, India, or the Philipines, or the revolution? Is the country nationalistic enough that a declaration of war against someone will be enough to stave off the unrest? If the nationalism isn't high enough, will the attack trigger the revolt?
That's the million dollar question. I think revolt in the interior will lead to war against neighbors in a desperate bid to stave off the collapse of the Chinese government by impoverished, disillusioned, and desperate Chinese. I think things in China are so far gone, nothing can save the government now. War would only be a short lived extension of power for the government.

I don't think democracy would be a cure all for China I think democracy would lead to the break up of the country along ethnic and linguistic lines. In the long run, that would be for the better.

I expect a return to some kind warlordism, a long period of civil war, and then the emergence of independent Asian states on the Chinese mainland. I expect a lot of people to die of disease, starvation, and violence. Neighboring Asian countries will also suffer a lot of death and destruction. The fall out will not be contained to China.

NoOneImportant

Post by NoOneImportant »

The immediate question is: are we discussing America, or China... if America, I would note that ammo is becoming more available,and would buy what ever I can afford. This week the EPA had increased emissions restrictions by 10X on the last domestic American smelter of lead in Herculanium, MO. The company operating the smelter has chosen to cease operations; thus lead will no longer be available for any purpose in America - unless the lead is imported. This will cause the price of domestic ammunition to skyrocket, as a simple Executive Order may be used to stop all importation of lead into the domestic United States - an Executive Order by the Red in the White House who believes that there is nothing that he can't force you to do.

If we are talking about China, then the problem becomes more difficult as China, as has been noted here, is quite diverse, and not an open society where one might gauge the temperament of those who live there. Hitler used the technique of redirecting domestic discontent to foreign enemies with great facility. The WWI Russian Czars not so well. What can be observed is: that initiating witch hunts to redirect domestic internal unrest has been a standard practice of authoritarian regimes throughout history. That's just about the extent of what I know, perhaps John may offer greater insight. Having the Chinese select the Japanese as the object of their ire, however, is a master stroke, as the Japanese literally savaged the occupied lands that they took in WWII - the Chinese, and the Koreans have not forgotten, and modern Japan apparently figures, it was a long time ago, and everybody did bad things. That is not how the occupied countries see things. Compare Japan, with Germany. Germany vigorously pursues the skinheads, and right-wing animals who want to trivialize the monsters that were the Nazis. The Japanese, on the other hand, seek to paint over the evil that they wrought in WWII - and the world will not soon forget the evil that was Nanking, et al.