16-Oct-13 World View -- Sicily declares state of emergency

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

16-Oct-13 World View -- Sicily declares state of emergency

Post by John »

16-Oct-13 World View -- Sicily declares state of emergency as African migrants flood in

Starving Syrians are told to eat dogs, cats and donkeys

** 16-Oct-13 World View -- Sicily declares state of emergency as African migrants flood in
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e131016

Contents:
Starving Syrians are told to eat dogs, cats and donkeys
Sicily declares state of emergency as African migrants flood in
Obamacare web code full of typos and errors

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, Syria, fatwa, Bashar al-Assad,
Sicily, Lampedusa, Italy, Malta, Eritrea, Somalia,
Obamacare, javascript

anon

Re: 16-Oct-13 World View -- Sicily declares state of emergen

Post by anon »

I work for one of the largest and most profitable contracting firms in the world. I recently was briefly assigned to work with a group in a high visibility office. After about two hours, I got up and asked "Why are you people using the worst database app I've ever seen in my life?". It was horrible. It turned out that this company, with thousands of high power IT employees on the payroll, had essentially decided to have their basic software built over a period of two weeks by an almost totally untrained kid. There is no maintenance on this software at all. I'd bet ten bucks it isn't even backed up. This kind of thing is incredible, but it's true. And I've seen a lot of it.

NoOneImportant

Post by NoOneImportant »

The essence of this site is that there are reservoirs of generational memories; further that those memories affect future choices and generational decisions about the conduct of life. Both the Syrian fatwa and the Sicily immigration issue are a significant contributing factors to the creating of those memories for those who are forced to live though them.

In the Syrian case we have a "resistance" allied with global terrorism pleading for aid and assistance. While there is no question that innocents are being savaged in Damascus, the absence of direct military aid is the direct result of the terror foundation underlying the Syrian resistance. We are, essentially, being asked: who do we desire to help, the monster Assad, or those who gave us the USS Cole, the Kenya/Tanzania embassy bombings, and the two WTC events? And the answer is: we support neither, for we know the victor will be committed to the death of innocents all across the world. Do we seek to see any society degenerate into cannibalism? No, of course not, but it isn't a course that we choose, and our intercession only assures that we get either of two sets of monsters. We will, ultimately, have to deal with the victor, but we don't have to listen to those who would murder us all in our beds, if they could, beg for our aid that when healthy they will revive their bent upon murdering us wholesale. There is an old Johnnie Rivers song called the Snake; the lyrics recount a woman finding a snake in dire distress, where upon she takes him to herself, and nurses him back to health, only to receive a fatal strike, at which the woman is surprised and accuses the snake of ingratitude. The snake snarls in reply to the woman: "... shut-up silly woman, you knew darn well I was a snake before you took me in..." Such is certainly the case that we are confronted with in Syria. But isn't the immigration issue in Sicily similar, only not quite so clear?

The above represents the case in both Syria - where we at least recognize the jeopardy, - and is also the case in the Sicilian immigration problem - where we do not recognize the coming difficulty and associated future jeopardy. Those immigrating from Africa are most certainly Muslim, and bring with them their Muslim ideals. Though the majority of Muslims do not directly participate in terror, the demonstrations throughout the world after the death of Bin Laden provide incontrovertible evidence of the views of, at minimum, a significant minority of Muslims - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... death.html. Additionally several pols have indicated quite clearly that the 1 in 5 Muslims see no problem with Muslim extremism, and a double digit percentage believe that terror is at least sometimes justified in the name of Islam - what often fails to get noticed, or reported in Muslim terror surveys is that a significant percentage - 25% to 30% - of the Muslims surveyed refuse to answer the "support of terrorism" question(s).

The great difficulty with Islam lies in several facts: it is a holistic religion, there is no aspect of live that is immune, that is, there is no government discrete from Islam; it is a religion of the sword - you may convert or die; it is a one way religion - you may enter but not exit; there is no recognized freedom except to follow the dictates of Islam; and perhaps most importantly are the numbers associated with Islam and terror. With over a billion Muslims world wide even a small minority of Muslims who adhere to terror represents very large numbers of people who either directly, or indirectly support terror, eg. if .1% of Muslims support terror, then the absolute numbers are vast with in excess of a million people either pursuit of Muslim terror, or supporting those who are.

Syria is easy, if anything in our world is easy, let the events run their course, then prepare to deal with the victor. Sicily is much more difficult - feed them, clothe them, then return them to their point of origin - for as in the song noted above: "... you knew darn well I was a snake before you took me in..."

gerald

Post by gerald »

NoOneImportant wrote:The essence of this site is that there are reservoirs of generational memories; further that those memories affect future choices and generational decisions about the conduct of life. Both the Syrian fatwa and the Sicily immigration issue are a significant contributing factors to the creating of those memories for those who are forced to live though them.

In the Syrian case we have a "resistance" allied with global terrorism pleading for aid and assistance. While there is no question that innocents are being savaged in Damascus, the absence of direct military aid is the direct result of the terror foundation underlying the Syrian resistance. We are, essentially, being asked: who do we desire to help, the monster Assad, or those who gave us the USS Cole, the Kenya/Tanzania embassy bombings, and the two WTC events? And the answer is: we support neither, for we know the victor will be committed to the death of innocents all across the world. Do we seek to see any society degenerate into cannibalism? No, of course not, but it isn't a course that we choose, and our intercession only assures that we get either of two sets of monsters. We will, ultimately, have to deal with the victor, but we don't have to listen to those who would murder us all in our beds, if they could, beg for our aid that when healthy they will revive their bent upon murdering us wholesale. There is an old Johnnie Rivers song called the Snake; the lyrics recount a woman finding a snake in dire distress, where upon she takes him to herself, and nurses him back to health, only to receive a fatal strike, at which the woman is surprised and accuses the snake of ingratitude. The snake snarls in reply to the woman: "... shut-up silly woman, you knew darn well I was a snake before you took me in..." Such is certainly the case that we are confronted with in Syria. But isn't the immigration issue in Sicily similar, only not quite so clear?

The above represents the case in both Syria - where we at least recognize the jeopardy, - and is also the case in the Sicilian immigration problem - where we do not recognize the coming difficulty and associated future jeopardy. Those immigrating from Africa are most certainly Muslim, and bring with them their Muslim ideals. Though the majority of Muslims do not directly participate in terror, the demonstrations throughout the world after the death of Bin Laden provide incontrovertible evidence of the views of, at minimum, a significant minority of Muslims - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... death.html. Additionally several pols have indicated quite clearly that the 1 in 5 Muslims see no problem with Muslim extremism, and a double digit percentage believe that terror is at least sometimes justified in the name of Islam - what often fails to get noticed, or reported in Muslim terror surveys is that a significant percentage - 25% to 30% - of the Muslims surveyed refuse to answer the "support of terrorism" question(s).

The great difficulty with Islam lies in several facts: it is a holistic religion, there is no aspect of live that is immune, that is, there is no government discrete from Islam; it is a religion of the sword - you may convert or die; it is a one way religion - you may enter but not exit; there is no recognized freedom except to follow the dictates of Islam; and perhaps most importantly are the numbers associated with Islam and terror. With over a billion Muslims world wide even a small minority of Muslims who adhere to terror represents very large numbers of people who either directly, or indirectly support terror, eg. if .1% of Muslims support terror, then the absolute numbers are vast with in excess of a million people either pursuit of Muslim terror, or supporting those who are.

Syria is easy, if anything in our world is easy, let the events run their course, then prepare to deal with the victor. Sicily is much more difficult - feed them, clothe them, then return them to their point of origin - for as in the song noted above: "... you knew darn well I was a snake before you took me in..."
Well put --- the problem is people of "compassion" do not understand the issue.