23-Aug-13 World View-Farce continues over Syria chem attack

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

23-Aug-13 World View-Farce continues over Syria chem attack

Post by John »

23-Aug-13 World View -- Farce continues over Wednesday's chem weapons attack in Syria

Rockets fired from Lebanon land in northern Israel

** 23-Aug-13 World View -- Farce continues over Wednesday's chem weapons attack in Syria
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e130823

Contents:
Farce continues over Wednesday's chem weapons attack in Syria
Rockets fired from Lebanon land in northern Israel

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, Syria, Lebanon, Bashar al-Assad,
Samantha Power, Jen Psaki,
Israel, Brigades of Abdullah Azzam, Sinai,
Russia, Vladimir Putin

mannfm11

Re: 23-Aug-13 World View-Farce continues over Syria chem att

Post by mannfm11 »

The US might not recover from this administration. We are like an old pit bull with no teeth. The last President that made this big a mess of foreign policy was Jimmy Carter. We were lucky he lasted only 1 term. Not so lucky this time.

Raynote

Post by Raynote »

Ignorant as I am about chemical weapons I am asking a probably stupid question: if the UN inspectors were allowed to visit and inspect the site of the attack would they be able to determine who did it, who used them? and not only that CW were definitely used.

Southerngentleman

Post by Southerngentleman »

So it seems the choice is radical Muslims or a dictator. What a complete farce to think the rebels indicate freedom. Didn't we learn from the Muslim brotherhood in egypt? Once in power the Shia law radicals and intolerance begins. Oh and does any of you believe that the red team can do better? What a feeble memory you must have. Wake up and realize that neither the red team nor blue team have your interest at heart. Isn't it a perfect situation to have the US split 49/49, red vs blue so that your so call leaders can remain in charge.

at99sy

Post by at99sy »

Raynote wrote:Ignorant as I am about chemical weapons I am asking a probably stupid question: if the UN inspectors were allowed to visit and inspect the site of the attack would they be able to determine who did it, who used them? and not only that CW were definitely used.
I am not an inspector but I was trained in the use and delivery and protection from and of CW's when I served in the Army. About the only thing inspectors would be able to definitively answer is where the weapons were made and by whom, type of agents used and likely delivery method/s. Deciding on who did it would be speculation at best and they would point the finger at whoever they wanted to look like the bad guy. In this case it would be al-asaad (sp?)
The rebels in Syria just as guilty as the Syrian leader. He may be a tyrant but he is Russia's tyrant! Why else would he still be in power and M-Q of Libya is not. We supported a political assassination in Libya which freed up god knows how many millions of weapons of all types to be liberated by the radical muslims of dozens of tribes to be used around the world and they are. Gulf of Tonkin, USS Maine, Lusitania anyone! This is another proxy conflict and we have no dogs in this fight. Leave them be, it will not work out in our favor.

cheers
sy

jmparret

Post by jmparret »

I doubt very much that a chemical weapons attack has occurred. There are news articles floating around of Mother's hugging their children and people walking around without special clothing. I have seen no blistering or blood flowing from mouths of the dead that one would expect.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/2 ... 98343.html

John

Post by John »

Both the BBC and al-Jazeera have been running lengthy analyses
of the many amateur videos of the attack. It would not have been
possible to fake so many videos without information leaking out.

Thorrarin

Post by Thorrarin »

While the source here is certainly suspect, I thought it was interesting nonetheless:
http://voiceofrussia.com/news/2013_08_2 ... ened-5549/

There is also this:
http://shoebat.com/2013/03/25/alarming- ... l-weapons/

None of this is concrete proof as to who was responsible for these incidents, but there is at least speculation that both sides have engaged in chemical warfare.

From a tactical perspective, with the rebel alliance splintering into numerous factions, and their recent defeat in Qusair at the hands of Hezbollah, it would not be unreasonable to try and spur the West into action (however hopeless that cause is) by manufacturing a significant incident. Rebels in most wars are not usually above sacrificing the people for the "greater good", particularly in times of desperation. Also, with the West having taken the side of the rebels in spirit (it's hard not to laugh while saying that), their spokesmen and media dogs are certain to disregard any reports that don't further the narrative they've chosen.

On the other hand, al-Assad has almost certainly already tested the waters with a few CWs, and could surely spare a little bit of his massive chemical weapons stockpile (with many thanks to Saddam of course) for a little boost in the war effort. All's fair in love and genocide, no? And since the West has shown him that it will do nothing more than rant, rave, and fumble about for the best way to neuter itself with dignity while he continues killing, I don't think he's particularly worried. A few weapons inspectors nearby are nothing more than a trifle, and would not deter him from gassing his people. With Russia, Iran, Hezbollah and China (in spirit of course) backing him, and his recent victories, he most assuredly has less fear now than a year ago. As long as he can keep monumental horror by his uniformed troops from showing live on CNN cameras, that should provide enough fog for the Security Council to dance their little deflection jig and ensure nothing happens.