17-Aug-13 World View -- U.S. and Philippines counter China

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

17-Aug-13 World View -- U.S. and Philippines counter China

Post by John »

17-Aug-13 World View -- U.S. and Philippines make military plans to counter China

Dozens of churches burned and looted in Egypt's 'Friday of Rage'

** 17-Aug-13 World View -- U.S. and Philippines make military plans to counter China
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e130817

Contents:
U.S. and Philippines make military plans to counter China
Dozens of churches burned and looted in Egypt's 'Friday of Rage'

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, Philippines, Carlos Soretta,
China, Lebensraum, Scarborough Shoal,
Egypt, Muslim Brotherhood

Re: 17-Aug-13 World View -- U.S. and Philippines counter Chi

Post by Guest »

Why the urgency in the Phillippines? Is this just a response to last years island grab by China or is somehting else brewing?

Why is Putin openly siding with Vietnam against China? (Is it just a sham to keep selling attack submarines to Vietnam or has there been a rupture between China and Russia?) Isn't Russia an ally of India (or do they just sell India weapons and submarines, too.?) Pakistan is a Chinese client state. It seems to me that Putin is putting on a very public show, but why? What is really going there?

Do you think war in Asia is around the corner? I live in Asia, should I consider leaving?

John

Post by John »

Guest wrote: > Why the urgency in the Phillippines? Is this just a
> response to last years island grab by China or is somehting
> else brewing?

> Why is Putin openly siding with Vietnam against China? (Is it just
> a sham to keep selling attack submarines to Vietnam or has there
> been a rupture between China and Russia?) Isn't Russia an ally of
> India (or do they just sell India weapons and submarines, too.?)
> Pakistan is a Chinese client state. It seems to me that Putin is
> putting on a very public show, but why? What is really going
> there?

> Do you think war in Asia is around the corner? I live in Asia,
> should I consider leaving?

China and Russia are not allies in any meaningful sense.
They almost went to (thermonuclear) war in the 1960s.

People have often asked me where they should move to where it's safe.
I've suggested (perhaps jokingly) either Kansas or Siberia or the
Australian desert. But it's hard to say where you're safe during a
World War. In particular, China and Russia may go to war
over parts of Siberia. Mongolia is expecting to be the site
of a China-Russia war over resources.

You don't say where you are in Asia, but I suspect that the war will
be highly Asia-centric.

Post by Guest »

I'm in South Korea.

I've read about the "Kill a chicken to scare the monkeys" strategy: destroy one country to frighten other countries into submission. Some guess this could mean China attacking one country in Asia (last year some suspected that country would be Vietnam), and using that country's destruction as a warning to all the others. However, the last time China attacked Vietnam (1979) it was defeated by a battle hardened Vietnamese army. then again,today those battle hardened troops have retired or passed away. But with all the recent aactivity, could that new "chicken" be the Phillippines?

I suppose a war could start first between Japan and China. I think Japan will be a really tough opponent for the Chinese. I wonder if China's weaponry is really that good? And is a nation of single child families prepared to lose their only child in a war against Japan?

I'm not worried about North Korea. I worry about everyone else...

Post by Guest »

I'm in South Korea.

I've read about the "Kill a chicken to scare the monkeys" strategy: destroy one country to frighten other countries into submission. Some guess this could mean China attacking one country in Asia (last year some suspected that country would be Vietnam), and using that country's destruction as a warning to all the others. However, the last time China attacked Vietnam (1979) it was defeated by a battle hardened Vietnamese army. then again,today those battle hardened troops have retired or passed away. But with all the recent aactivity, could that new "chicken" be the Phillippines?

I suppose a war could start first between Japan and China. I think Japan will be a really tough opponent for the Chinese. I wonder if China's weaponry is really that good? And is a nation of single child families prepared to lose their only child in a war against Japan?

I'm not worried about North Korea. I worry about everyone else...