26-Jul-13 World View -- Egypt prepares for Friday showdown

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

26-Jul-13 World View -- Egypt prepares for Friday showdown

Post by John »

26-Jul-13 World View -- Egypt prepares for massive showdown on Friday

Burma Buddhists attempt to justify genocidal attacks on Muslims

** 26-Jul-13 World View -- Egypt prepares for massive showdown on Friday
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e130726

Contents:
Japan considers pre-emptive military strike capability
Burma Buddhists attempt to justify genocidal attacks on Muslims
Egypt prepares for massive showdown on Friday
North and South Korea fail to agree on opening Kaesong

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, Japan, Shinzo Abe, pacifism,
East China Sea, Burma, Myanmar, Buddhism,
Egypt, Mohamed Morsi, Muslim Brotherhood,
North Korea, South Korea, Kaesong Industrial Complex

Raynote

Re: 26-Jul-13 World View -- Egypt prepares for Friday showdo

Post by Raynote »

"In the case of Burma, the monks rationalize their violent acts based on fear that the country is being overtaken by Muslims, even though the country has a 90% Buddhist majority among its 60 million people, and the Muslims are about 5% of the population, many of whom are both disenfranchised and stateless."

What do you mean by "disenfranchised and stateless"? Could you explain, please?

John

Post by John »

Raynote wrote:"In the case of Burma, the monks rationalize their violent acts based on fear that the country is being overtaken by Muslims, even though the country has a 90% Buddhist majority among its 60 million people, and the Muslims are about 5% of the population, many of whom are both disenfranchised and stateless."

What do you mean by "disenfranchised and stateless"? Could you explain, please?
See the following:

** 27-Oct-12 World View -- U.N. alarmed as ethnic violence grows in western Burma (Myanmar)
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e121027

Trevor

Post by Trevor »

Well, Buddhists in Burma are far from alone in justifying these kinds of attacks. I saw many comments on the Breitbat articles doing essentially the same thing, stating the Buddhists are merely victims of Muslim oppression. How they can do that while being only a small portion of the population was left unexplained.

gerald

Post by gerald »

Trevor wrote:Well, Buddhists in Burma are far from alone in justifying these kinds of attacks. I saw many comments on the Breitbat articles doing essentially the same thing, stating the Buddhists are merely victims of Muslim oppression. How they can do that while being only a small portion of the population was left unexplained.
Originally the communists in Imperial Russia, and the Nazi in Germany were only a small number, and look how that turned out.

Post by Guest »

I don't support genocide against the Muslims in Burma (or anyone else).

I think what this really points too is this: multi-culturalism (racial, ethnic , religious, whatever) doesn't work. Soon this type of thing will start happening in Greece with Golden Dawn attacking immigrants (including Buddhist immigrants). And no one will stop Golden Dawn from doing it.

I don't really think this is as much about religion as the media is suggesting. The Muslims in Burma are racial dark-skinned, Begali speaking Indians-not Asian (orientals?) like the average Burmese. (I know the British like to refer to Indians as "Asians:, but my point is that the Muslim population of Burma is racially, culturally, and lingusitically different from the rest of the Burmese population in that area.

at99sy

Post by at99sy »

They start out with 1%, 2% 5% 10% .... as they continue to gain influence and force capitulation of the invaded societies, they begin to assert their will ever more forcefully. Once a tipping point is reached they will take over. Like a virus taking over its host.

I find it amusing that the only society that is willing to stand up to this is a pacifist one.

cheers
sy

gerald

Post by gerald »

at99sy wrote:They start out with 1%, 2% 5% 10% .... as they continue to gain influence and force capitulation of the invaded societies, they begin to assert their will ever more forcefully. Once a tipping point is reached they will take over. Like a virus taking over its host.

I find it amusing that the only society that is willing to stand up to this is a pacifist one.

cheers
sy
Because they see the light?