4-Jun-13 WV-Greece's neo-Nazi Golden Dawn party grows

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

4-Jun-13 WV-Greece's neo-Nazi Golden Dawn party grows

Post by John »

4-Jun-13 World View -- Greece's neo-Nazi Golden Dawn party popularity grows

Russia grabs Georgian territory for South Ossetia

** 4-Jun-13 World View -- Greece's neo-Nazi Golden Dawn party popularity grows
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e130604

Contents:
Greece's bailout under scrutiny again as neo-Nazi popularity grows
Rise of neo-Nazi Golden Dawn party splits Greece's governing coalition
Russia grabs Georgian territory for South Ossetia

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, Greece, Golden Dawn,
Antonis Samaras, troika,
Russia, South Ossetia, Georgia, Ditsi, Nato

Cassandra

Re: 4-Jun-13 WV-Greece's neo-Nazi Golden Dawn party grows

Post by Cassandra »

Is it realistic to expect a Golden Dawn adminstration in the future? Hitler won power with 38% of the popular vote (the rest went to the Social Democrats and Communists). GD aalready has at least 20% of the vote now. What would the EU do if that occured?

If Greece dropped the EURO and retruned to the Drachma, could it survive? I think it could. Greece is still a beautiful country. Cut rate vacation packages would flood Greece with tourists overnight. Tourism jobs are not the best jobs, but at least they are jobs. Perhaps manufactures from western Europe would set up factories in Greece to take advantage of the cheap labor costs? Maybe call centers would open there? Greece has a well educated group of desperate and unemployed youth. Foreign owned vacation homes would yield property tax revenue for the Greek government. I know Greece has byzantine regulations and strong unions, could they block economic growth? Is this line of thinking just too optimistic?

Or would dropping the EURO lead to total collapse?

I think Golden Dawn is just the beginning. Personally, I doubt the EU would do anything to stop them. Look what happened in the Balkans with Serbia. It was America that stopped Serbia, not Europe. I think fascist movements will surge ahead in Italy, but under the giuse of the Northern League or some other right wing party. Just my opinion. I would like to know yours.