1-Jun-13 WV - Pakistan's Sharif condemns drone strikes

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

1-Jun-13 WV - Pakistan's Sharif condemns drone strikes

Post by John »

1-Jun-13 World View -- Pakistan condemns American drone strikes

Eurozone unemployment at historic highs

** 1-Jun-13 World View -- Pakistan condemns American drone strikes
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e130601

Contents:
Pakistan's incoming prime minister Sharif condemns American drone strikes
Pakistan's Taliban peace negotiations concern Afghanistan
Eurozone unemployment at historic highs

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, Pakistan, Nawaz Sharif,
Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan, TTP, Lashkar-e-Jhangvi,
Afghanistan, Soviet Union,
eurozone, unemployment, France, Italy, Greece, Japan

vincecate

Re: 1-Jun-13 WV - Pakistan's Sharif condemns drone strikes

Post by vincecate »

John wrote:As I've been saying on my web site for almost ten years now, from the point of view of Generational Dynamics what we're seeing now is a worldwide deflationary spiral, the first since the 1930s. This is caused by generational behaviors and attitudes, and no amount of quantitative easing can stop it.
"For the week, the South African rand dropped 5.1%. The Brazilian real sank 4.2%, the Chilean peso declined 2.5%, the Malaysian ringgit 2.0%, the Hungarian forint 2.0%, the Peruvian new sol 2.0%, the Mexican peso 2.1%, the Russian ruble 1.6%, the Philippine peso 1.6%, the Turkish lira 1.5% and the India rupee 1.5%."

I think some of these countries have overpowered deflationary forces with their level of local money printing.

Over the last 6 months the Japanese Yen has averaged down nearly 1% per week. They increased the money supply by 2.3% in the 10 days from May 10 to May 20. Since then there was one day where they increased the money supply by 1% in one day. We will soon get the full data for May 20 to May 30. The money supply is increasing at hyperinflation rates if we use 26% per year as the cutoff. Once the velocity of money starts picking up they are toast. In any case, I am sure they have an amount of quantitative easing that will stop deflation.

We will get deflation in terms of "reduction in the total amount of money plus credit" but we won't be getting deflation in terms of price measured in fiat money. Prices measured in grams of gold will go down.

http://www.safehaven.com/article/30003/ ... ing-summer

http://www.bloomberg.com/quote/BJACTOTL:IND

http://howfiatdies.blogspot.com/2012/10 ... ptics.html

at99sy

Re: 1-Jun-13 WV - Pakistan's Sharif condemns drone strikes

Post by at99sy »

QE has resulted in hundreds of billions of $ being pumped into banks and from them into all the equity markets. None of this money is hitting the streets. If it were then inflation would be significant. With the money essentially being locked up in various hedge funds, brokerage houses, retirement funds, iou's to social security etc. what would need to occur for inflation to go parabolic? When the markets crash, the money will evaporate and it would seem probable that a currency shortage would occur. Wouldn't this deflate prices? Vince those currencies you listed are falling against the USD. right? I think this suggests that internationals are trying to pump up the dollar as the currency of last resort. No one trusts the Chinese, with good reason.

I called 15,200 the minimum top before things went belly up. We hit that and blasted past. Now a short pull back and next I see a massive rally taking place next week or the following. The powers that be cannot pull out the supports, unless it looks like Obama is going down then I see it happening as payback for blaspheming the messiah. Nothing will stop this from going tom16,000 but I do feel that the next 500 points will come quickly. The summer in Europe is going to be HOT! July, August could be the melting point. With between 40-75 % of the youth unemployed, it will take damn little for them to go ape crazy and burn the mutha down.