25-Jan-13 WV-China urges restraint re N.Korea nuclear threat

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

25-Jan-13 WV-China urges restraint re N.Korea nuclear threat

Post by John »

25-Jan-13 World View -- China urges restraint after North Korea nuclear threat

Britain, Germany, Netherlands say: 'Leave Benghazi immediately'

** 25-Jan-13 World View -- China urges restraint after North Korea nuclear threat
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/cgi ... 25#e130125

Contents:
North Korea threatens U.S. with nuclear missile attack
North Korea ready to conduct nuclear test within several days
China calls for restraint by all parties
Britain, Germany, Netherlands say: 'Leave Benghazi immediately'

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, North Korea, DPRK, KCNA,
South Korea, China, Kim Jong-un, Britain,
Germany, Netherlands, Benghazi, Libya

Reality Check

Re: 25-Jan-13 WV-China urges restraint re N.Korea nuclear th

Post by Reality Check »

China statement on UN action by the Philippines wrote:"China has consistently opposed the Philippines’ illegal occupation ...

“We hope that the relevant country honors its promises, and ... does not take any action to complicate or expand the problem."

One must assume this is in regard to some promise Obama made to China related to more flexibility after he was re-elected.

OLD1953

Post by OLD1953 »

Evidence?

Seems to me that NK could be warning China to back off the notion of attacking them. Vietnam and North Korea are the two nations in the region that have no rational reason to rely on the US umbrella of protection. One or the other will probably go down within 24 months.

Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

OLD1953 wrote: Seems to me that NK could be warning China to back off the notion of attacking them. Vietnam and North Korea are the two nations in the region that have no rational reason to rely on the US umbrella of protection. One or the other will probably go down within 24 months.
I am beginning to believe you live in an alternate Universe.

North Korea, which you call NK, exists only as a dependent of China.

China props it up to keep South Korea, from reuniting the Peninsula as a U.S. ally. China also keeps the Korean war going as a threat to the U.S. The U.S. has troops stationed in Korea and has guaranteed it would defend South Korea from a renewed attack from North Korea. So China's dependent could immediately involve the U.S. troops stationed in Korea in a shooting war, simply by terminating the ceasefire.

China could destroy the government of North Korea in a matter of weeks simply by closing the border and ending all energy assistance, food assistance and trade from China to North Korea, but that would be the last thing China wants. North Korea threatening South Korea ( and Japan and the U.S. ) with nuclear weapons development is part of the strategic game going on in East Asia.

A War is still in progress between North Korea on the one hand, and the United States and South Korea on the other. A ceasefire has existed for decades, but the war never stopped and could be re-activated by North Korea without notice.

Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

OLD1953 wrote:Evidence?
Tape recordings of Obama making the exact same promise to the leader of another huge country with a massive military and nuclear weapons aimed at the United States.

But I am sure you will quote some DNC talking point that says Obama meant the exact opposite of what he said.

OLD1953

Post by OLD1953 »

If North Korea sasses China very much, they'll simply invade and take over. That's just how China does business, and they are ready for another expansionist phase, they've made that very clear. In their last expansionist phase, they took control of some fairly large territory around their borders, though various uprisings caused them to take quite a long time absorbing it all. Now it's time for it to happen again, and they won't be put off.

As for the rest, you made an assumption. You offer no evidence at all, just that you don't like what Obama is doing so he must be making secret deals to throw various countries under the rug. Yes, that's an assumption. I do not agree with your assumption.

Four years ago I sat and argued with probably fifty very liberal types that Bush was not going to cancel the elections and declare martial law in Washington. I didn't make any headway with them, either. I don't expect to make any with you.

I don't like Obama, and I did not like Bush, and I don't much care for Romney either, if this is the best we can do for leaders, then God help us all. But I do not believe any of the three would intentionally sell the US down the river.

And enough of this. I'm constantly getting drawn into these fruitless political fusses with you, and it's a total waste of my time. What is clearly going to happen will happen, wishing won't change it. The POTUS is more of a pawn than any of the rest of us. And I'm not wasting any more time on this.