Generational Dynamics World View News

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by Guest »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:08 pm
Guest wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:38 am
Cool Breeze wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:46 am

I can see this happening. As usual, though, you overestimate the importance of the "petrodollar."

What will happen if the US is unable to go to war to preserve the petrodollar and oil is sold in some other currency or gold instead of dollars? The world just goes on as it is?
Yes, because as I've told DaK before, it's only 7% of world GDP. The secondary considerations from it that may be associated (general siphoning of power from the USA) may present the basis for greater problems, but the petrodollar in itself is essentially a non issue.
I've been researching your answer from earlier this month. DaKardii responded to this on another thread. I find his response compelling. Did you respond to his response? If you did, I don't find it.
DaKardii wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:58 pm
Cool Breeze wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:22 pm
You are so stuck on this and I've proven you wrong before. You have the right idea, but it has little to do with oil, it's only an offshoot - yet another thing priced in USD, the world reserve. SWIFT and other mechanisms of control are far more important. I'm not sure why you latch on to this PETRO idea so much - again and for the last time - it is only 7% roughly of the worlds GDP.
The fact that the oil industry is only 7% of the world's GDP is irrelevant. The petrodollar scheme is still what backs the dollar. It is THE scheme that ensures that the dollar is still the world's reserve currency; this status in turn drastically reduces the inflationary effects of monetary printing by approximately 75%. That's a hard fact that's been covered up for decades.

Another guest

Post by Another guest »

thomasglee wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:06 am
Guest in Seoul wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:14 pm
thomasglee wrote: ↑Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:36 pm
The Moon regime has become more and more dismissive toward the USA over the past several years. South Korean manufacturers are heavily dependent on China and China is dependant on Korea for technologies that can be used in 5G networks. I suspect China and Korea will align against the USA and Japan. South Korea and China needed the Kim family (or at least Kim Jong Un) out of the way to achieve this goal. KJU and Trump were getting along too well and KJU doesn't/didn't want to lose the power and wealth he maintains by a divided Korea. He is not nearly as ideological as his father and grandfather. With KJU out of the way, a confederation between the north and south can be created, giving south Korea access to nuclear and missile technologies, which they will likely use to act as a blocking force against Japan and/or Taiwan in a war between the USA and China. To me, it is becoming more and more clear where south Korea's loyalties are going to lie. Throughout Korea's history, they have been a tributary state to China (or Japan) and it looks like they are going back to that model.
Do you think South Koreans want to live like North Koreans? So Thomas Glee was unhappy (whose fault was that?!) in South Korea, so he dismisses everyone there as an idiot?
South Korean manufacturers are heavily dependent on China
So are America companies.
a confederation between the north and south can be created, giving south Korea access to nuclear and missile technologies,
South Korea has better nuclear tech than NK. The South can build nuclear weapons whenever they like. They could have operational bombs within weeks, maybe less than that. North Korea is a stone age country compared to South Korea.
To me, it is becoming more and more clear where south Korea's loyalties are going to lie.
As clear as mud.
more clear where south Korea's loyalties are going to lie. Throughout Korea's history, they have been a tributary state to China (or Japan) and it looks like they are going back to that mode
That was forced upon Koreans by asshole kings who lacked the will to fight. South Koreans will never surrender. We know what our fates will be.

You are an ignorant and vindictive idiot.
Your hateful, immature, and ignorant response exposes just how foolish you are.
[cough] Cop out.

thomasglee

Post by thomasglee »

Another guest wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:42 am
[cough] Cop out.
Nah brah, just too old for immature antics. I gave an opinion, someone doesn't agree with it. Life goes on.

One can disagree with an opinion without being immature and ASSuming.
Psalm 34:4 - “I sought the Lord, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears.”

Yet another guest

Post by Yet another guest »

From the Daily Telegraph (UK)

I have a paid subscription so I will reproduce it here because I would like John and the other members of these forum to read it.

For the life of me, I don't understand why Americans could vote for this guy. What an absolute disaster.

Good luck.

The underlines section are my emphasis.
Biden's credibility is in tatters
For all the liberal condemnation of Trump, he never abandoned America’s leadership role, and firmly rejected the siren call of isolationism

NILE GARDINER
22 September 2021 • 12:41pm
Nile Gardiner
Joe Biden’s speech to the United Nations this week was a sad moment for the United States on the world stage. The president’s address fell flat, generating little applause, and was met largely with muted silence. The leader of the free world looked tired and uninspired, mouthing platitudes that came across as empty, hypocritical and at times delusional.

In the wake of the monumental Afghanistan disaster and its huge global fallout, Biden has a huge credibility problem that will be impossible to fix during his presidency.

After just eight months in office, Biden already looks like a lame duck, his administration beset by a massive southern border crisis of its own making, out-of-control government spending with a national debt approaching a staggering $30 trillion, a worsening Covid pandemic, and a foreign policy disaster of epic proportions in south Asia. The only thing Biden has going for him is his vice president, Kamala Harris, comes across as even more incompetent and unpopular than he is.

In nearly 20 years in Washington, I have watched countless UN addresses broadcast live on American television screens, from four different presidents. Biden’s was quite possibly the worst in terms of sheer hypocrisy and a complete lack of substance. I suspect America’s enemies were delighted by Biden’s remarks, and US allies were mightily unimpressed.

This was a cowardly speech designed not to offend the adversaries of the free world. Biden made no direct mention of China or Russia, the United States’ two biggest opponents, and no specific reference to Islamist terrorism. He made no attempt to hold Beijing’s Communist rulers to account over the Uighur genocide or its lack of transparency and cooperation over the origins of Covid-19.

At the United Nations, the president of the most powerful nation on earth was reduced to selling a slick PR slogan, “the Build Back Better World,” the sort of marketing concept that might once have sounded chic in a Coca-Cola commercial from the 1970s.

In the wake of the disastrous Afghanistan withdrawal, and the handover of 38 million Afghans to the murderous and barbaric Taliban, Biden’s words came across as empty and frankly ridiculous. His lofty sentiments will be no comfort to the millions of Afghan women now sentenced to a life of servitude under an Islamist dictatorship that cares nothing for the “democratic values” or “freedom, equality, opportunity and a belief in the universal rights of all people” that Biden boasted about advancing in his speech.

Nor will his hollow claims about “rebuilding our alliances, revitalizing our partnerships, and recognizing they’re essential and central to America’s enduring security and prosperity” carry much weight outside of the Oval Office. At the UN, Biden paid lip service to the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, and “reaffirmed our sacred NATO Alliance 5 commitment.” But the damage Biden’s foreign policy will do to the NATO alliance is massive. America’s transatlantic partners have been horrified by Biden’s actions over Afghanistan, and many feel betrayed by the White House. There is a growing perception on the world stage that the Biden administration will abandon America’s allies at the drop of a hat.

Senior officials I have spoken to in both the UK and continental Europe fear the damage the Biden presidency is inflicting on the transatlantic alliance will be long-lasting and possibly irreparable unless the next US administration takes a dramatically different approach. They believe that the next three and a half years of the Biden era could be the most dangerous moment for the West since World War Two, with the enemies of the free world, from Beijing to Moscow, Pyongyang and Tehran, in addition to an array of Islamist terror movements, ready to test the resolve of a weakened United States.

For all the global liberal condemnation of Donald Trump, his administration never abandoned America’s leadership role, and firmly rejected the siren call of isolationism. As the Commander in Chief, his view was very clear: The US will stand with its allies, including the United Kingdom, and America’s enemies should fear its power. This is the exact opposite of the Biden doctrine, which is leaving the US weaker and more vulnerable internationally.

Joe Biden has adopted a relentlessly dangerous path of American retreat and decline. Soaring rhetoric at the UN will not change the harsh reality. Biden’s credibility is plummeting, and with it America’s standing in the world.

Nile Gardiner is the Director of the Margaret Thatcher Center for Freedom at The Heritage Foundation.

Navigator

Post by Navigator »

Thank you for posting this.

Yes, the Biden/Harris administration is a bunch of incompetents who are working hard and making things much much worse for America and the world.

It is my personal belief that they will oversee both an economic collapse AND the start of a world war. As a result, they will preside over the demise of the Democratic party. Much in the same way Asquith in the early 1900s presided over the demise of the Liberal party in the UK.

People will think "Yeah, a Depression and a World War, great reasons to vote Democratic".

We are actually at the cusp of a situation that (hopefully) will lead to improvement (though even with that, it will only be temporary). Both major US parties are either in turmoil or about to be. Only this can allow for the breakthrough of competent people to the top, though it will be in a dire situation.

BTW, if it wasn't Biden, it would be some other democrat beholden to their party's apparatus, which is now firmly in the hands of the woke, the naive, the incompetent, and the deluded.

DaKardii

Post by DaKardii »

What is wrong with this administration?

One day it's setting up AUKUS in the name of containing China. The next day it's appeasing China at the UN, while also attacking a fellow AUKUS member over something as petty whether or not reporters are allowed to ask questions at a press conference.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/202 ... china.html
https://www.newsweek.com/jen-psaki-blam ... os-1631806

DaKardii

Post by DaKardii »

So, it looks like France is returning its ambassador to DC, at least for now.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/france-amb ... australia/

Xeraphim1

Post by Xeraphim1 »

DaKardii wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:29 am
So, it looks like France is returning its ambassador to DC, at least for now.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/france-amb ... australia/
They've gotten over their snit fit.

Speculation is that this was mostly designed for internal political purposes; there's an election next year and France frequently tries to make itself look strong by "standing up to the US" since there are no consequences to doing so. But they weren't getting much mileage out of it this time from allies or even internally.

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

Guest wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:12 pm
Cool Breeze wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:08 pm
Guest wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:38 am

What will happen if the US is unable to go to war to preserve the petrodollar and oil is sold in some other currency or gold instead of dollars? The world just goes on as it is?
Yes, because as I've told DaK before, it's only 7% of world GDP. The secondary considerations from it that may be associated (general siphoning of power from the USA) may present the basis for greater problems, but the petrodollar in itself is essentially a non issue.
I've been researching your answer from earlier this month. DaKardii responded to this on another thread. I find his response compelling. Did you respond to his response? If you did, I don't find it.
DaKardii wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:58 pm
Cool Breeze wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:22 pm
You are so stuck on this and I've proven you wrong before. You have the right idea, but it has little to do with oil, it's only an offshoot - yet another thing priced in USD, the world reserve. SWIFT and other mechanisms of control are far more important. I'm not sure why you latch on to this PETRO idea so much - again and for the last time - it is only 7% roughly of the worlds GDP.
The fact that the oil industry is only 7% of the world's GDP is irrelevant. The petrodollar scheme is still what backs the dollar. It is THE scheme that ensures that the dollar is still the world's reserve currency; this status in turn drastically reduces the inflationary effects of monetary printing by approximately 75%. That's a hard fact that's been covered up for decades.
First answer why his response is compelling. I don't find it compelling at all. There are many more reasons (petro is just 1) why the USD is the world reserve, military might is one of them. 7% of GDP? LOL, notice how he doesn't really answer anything, he just cites his idea and makes a claim that can be supported by many more important ideas that are similar points, but much larger, louder and stronger. I have already done this. Of course, when the USD loses its foothold, it will lose his precious (miniscule) petrodollar dominance point as well, which is again just one of many indicators that we lost the world reserve - NOT the main one. So don't fall for any I told you so stuff. Critical thinking is key for all of us so we can see, and predict, what will happen in others' viewpoints, as I have shown here. And it will be confirmed in the future unless he relents and repents.

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

Navigator wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:13 am
BTW, if it wasn't Biden, it would be some other democrat beholden to their party's apparatus, which is now firmly in the hands of the woke, the naive, the incompetent, and the deluded.
Yes, don't ever forget this. The swamp is demonic, but the Democrat party is the most outlandish of all in terms of so many of its members being part and parcel of the synagogue of satan