Generational Dynamics World View News

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
JDav

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by JDav »

John wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:32 am
** 26-Oct-2020 World View: Stock market selloff from Wuhan Coronavirus surge

There's a major selloff going on in the stock market today,
with the Dow down around 700 points at this moment.

Analysts are blaming it on the major surge in coronavirus cases in
several countries in Europe, resulting in new lockdowns and economic
restrictions that will hurt the economies of several countries.
There's also a surge going on in the United States, though not as
great, but there are concerns that it will force lockdowns here as
well. Nonetheless, a lot of people are bracing for a possible huge
surge in Wuhan Coronavirus this winter, with the situation worsened by
the spread of the ordinary seasonal flu.

In the meantime, analysts are pointing out that the same surge is not
occurring in the Asian countries -- China, Taiwan, or South Korea.
This continues to be a subject of much debate about the relative
advantages and disadvantages of Western democracies versus Chinese
dictatorships.
Of course, since Wall Street overwhelmingly supports Joe Biden over Donald Trump, could it be that they are purposely devaluing the stock market a week before the election? After watching the whole Russia hoax play out over the last four years I believe the left will do anything to win. It will be interesting to see if this continues over the next few days.

Navigator

Post by Navigator »

The manuscript currently available discusses the financial implications of the future John discusses and what you can do to prepare for the coming disasters. Just saying that you may want to get that information NOW, before its too late for you.

Donate to the GoFundMe:
https://www.gofundme.com/f/coming-storms-preparation

Xeraphim1

Post by Xeraphim1 »

JDav wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:43 pm

Of course, since Wall Street overwhelmingly supports Joe Biden over Donald Trump, could it be that they are purposely devaluing the stock market a week before the election? After watching the whole Russia hoax play out over the last four years I believe the left will do anything to win. It will be interesting to see if this continues over the next few days.
It's more likely that investor sentiment is starting to factor in a Biden victory. Keep in mind that while the big Wall Street players would prefer Biden (since he would keep the corruption train running) they looooove money. They're not going to cut their own throats. Just yours.

JDav

Post by JDav »

Xeraphim1 wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:10 pm
JDav wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:43 pm

It's more likely that investor sentiment is starting to factor in a Biden victory. Keep in mind that while the big Wall Street players would prefer Biden (since he would keep the corruption train running) they looooove money. They're not going to cut their own throats. Just yours.
Maybe so, but if a short-term loss would lead to long-term gains they might consider it. We've already seen the left's willingness to destroy just about anything to overthrow the Orange Bad Man and achieve power. I would put nothing past them.

John

Post by John »

** 27-Oct-2020 World View: Anti-lockdown riots in Europe as coronavirus spikes in many countries

• Protesters in Milan lit colored flares in the streets Credit:
    BackGrid

Earlier this year in March, there was a certain (shall we say)
smugness among European officials because they were going to nip the
Wuhan Coronavirus in the bud by imposing quick and effective
lockdowns. These lockdowns really harmed the European economies, but
as the number of virus infections seemed to level off and decrease,
the European officials began to declare "Mission accomplished!", and
they began opening up their economies again, much to the relief of
starving business owners and people who had lost their jobs.

So many European officials have been shocked this month by a new
surge in virus cases, sometimes to the levels last seen in March.
And the people in Europe are also shocked because they were finally
working again, but are now potentially facing new lockdowns and
unemployment again.

In Italy, by early summer, new virus caseloads had dropped to as low
as 200 per day, and almost all of Italy's lockdowns were lifted.
However, new cases have again increased to tens of thousands per week.

In Italy, new restrictions have closed cinemas, gyms and pools.
Restaurants have to close by 6 pm, even though most don't start
to serve dinner until 8 pm.

This has resulted in violent protests in Italy and Spain. The
protests are being blamed on far right agitators.

The following is completely speculative, but it's a question that must
be asked: Speculatively, is the Wuhan Coronavirus triggering a
resurgence of far right riots similar to what happened in the 1930s,
leading to the rise of the Nazis? It will be months before we can
answer that speculative question.

In the United States, the number of daily new cases has also risen to
new nigh, though not has high as in Europe, and there were violent
left-wing riots in Philadelphia last night.

---- Source:
-- BURNING RAGE Italy and Spain riots erupt over coronavirus curfew
with petrol bombs thrown at cops and stores ransacked
https://www.the-sun.com/news/1695993/it ... ransacked/
(The Sun, London, 27-Oct-2020)

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

John, why such a situation might be a minor (but real) issue currently in the background, the key to understanding this is through the information wars, which are mostly left wing media controlled by marxist and global elites. Even the original chinese virus in March/April wasn't that deadly, but it was more virulent, especially for those who are fat, old, both, or unhealthy otherwise. At that time, the selling point was "Since we are unsure about how to handle this, let's just make sure hospitals aren't swamped". The general idea was a couple or a few weeks at the most. I think most were OK with that, in fact - it isn't an easy position for a "leader" to be in, especially to declare it no big deal, given the political media and its anti-reality propaganda machine that will be vehemently against you.

Fast forwarding to now, it is clear that the propaganda went from hospitalizations and deaths, which were also conflated and confused with many other things - even at that time in March/April - to just cases. Why? To further control the dialogue and political game through whichever bureaucracy you are in. Obviously, some places are better than others, but the arbitrary case counts (fake positives, asymptomatics, PCR calibration) are literally at the whim of local politicians or sometimes national media who parrot them.

I wouldn't call protesting against any of this "right wing" because the whole thing has been a trumped up (no pun intended) nothing burger from the beginning. And there is no consideration for an honest look at how many people are harmed by the economic and social implications of job loss, bankruptcy, dehumanization of masks and social division due to people telling on one another (soviet tricks once again).

Remember this: cases mean nothing. We don't care when they count cases of the flu. This is not a lethal disease. The only way these are "right wing" movements are if a sane thinker in the world is actually labeled as such. In reality he is a normal human being who is a reasonable person, pro freedom and understanding the tradeoffs in life. Most importantly, this is an anti-authoritarian movement. The current authoritarians are in fact all leftist. But rejecting them doesn't make one "right wing", anymore than being for tariffs and national interest makes you anti-neocon or gives a mirage of being an alternative label. It just makes you a healthy person; a sane thinker.

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

Navigator wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:45 pm
The manuscript currently available discusses the financial implications of the future John discusses and what you can do to prepare for the coming disasters. Just saying that you may want to get that information NOW, before its too late for you.

Donate to the GoFundMe:
Navi, what's your current timeline on "disaster," roughly?

When can I buy the finished manuscript, or what about even the first half? Thanks.

John

Post by John »

** 28-Oct-2020 World View: Right Wing
Cool Breeze wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:57 am
> I wouldn't call protesting against any of this "right wing"
There's a distinction between Europe and America. In America, the
violence is by left-wing antifa-blm fascists. In Europe, it makes
sense to describe the violence as "right wing," based on Europe's Nazi
and Fascist history.

However, I like to point out that in some branches of mathematics, the
value of plus infinity is equal to the value of minus infinity.
Similarly, extreme left fascist violence and extreme right fascist
violence are equal.

Navigator

Post by Navigator »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:01 am
Navigator wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:45 pm

Donate to the GoFundMe:
Navi, what's your current timeline on "disaster," roughly?

When can I buy the finished manuscript, or what about even the first half? Thanks.
The detailed timeline and its description of effects on the individual/community are in the manuscript. The book is now more than half done. You can get the half-done manuscript for a $50 donation on GoFundMe for John.

We have a few months left to prepare.

Anonomite

Post by Anonomite »

Happily gave my hat tip to the GoFundMe, and looking forward to the content John and Navigator will provide. I had purchased copies of John’s Generational Dynamics series of books in the past, and I appreciate his contributions here as well.

John - I’ve been a lurker since 2007. I’ve been a daily reader from the early days of daily posts. I don’t blame you for stepping away from that - it’s a lot of work, and I feel guilty for not trying to be more supportive. I’m sure there are too many more like me. Your continued contributions are no less valuable, and I feel that (with ebbs and flows), the content in the message boards has grown even more poignant and insightful over the years.

You’ve always said you’re in the class of the Kassandra - which is fair. Truth seekers are never turned off by the truth, which is why so many of us still stop by. I agree with the others though, it’s time we give back, and say thanks. (And when thanks gets us some great information in return, it’s even better.)