Generational Dynamics World View News

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by Guest »

Turkish high court annuls 1934 decision converting Istanbul's Hagia Sophia into a museum. The ruling paves way for museum to be re-converted into mosque.

Tom Mazanec

Post by Tom Mazanec »

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... s-emerging
To Medcalf in Australia, a better analogy for what comes next is the prewar period of the 1930s. “Whatever’s happening we’re on the edge of some kind of gathering storm,” he said. “It's just that we don’t yet know what the storm will look like or how it will break.”
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

Londonistan

Post by Londonistan »

Guest wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:58 am
Turkish high court annuls 1934 decision converting Istanbul's Hagia Sophia into a museum. The ruling paves way for museum to be re-converted into mosque.
And the pushover Europeans will do nothing about this because they are too busy being political correct.

zzazz

Post by zzazz »

Navigator
If 10% of the US population has WuHu flu (covid), then we are approaching the Diamond Princess infection rates, which means we would be close to having everyone get it who is going to get it.
Hmmmmmmmmm. So new infections will drop to zero in two weeks? Care to make a bet?

Navigator

Post by Navigator »

I wouldn't say "infections will drop to zero", but I do believe that this will start to tail off soon.

I also believe that wearing masks in public and not having large public events is a good idea.

But from my data you can see that for up to the age of 60, unless there are underlying medical conditions, this does not seem to be too bad. It did NOT warrant a complete shutdown.

Navigator

Post by Navigator »

Here is an article on Zero Hedge that elaborates on the same things I have pointed out:

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/whi ... -after-all

Tom Mazanec

Post by Tom Mazanec »

Artificial general Intelligence is impossible:
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41599-020-0494-4
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

Post by Guest »

Navigator wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:10 pm
But from my data you can see that for up to the age of 60, unless there are underlying medical conditions, this does not seem to be too bad. It did NOT warrant a complete shutdown.
Thank you for your service and for your blog, Navigator.

Are there any places you recommend people can go to escape the violent unrest?

We should have followed President trump's advice from the beginning. He was right. History will show that he was right about more things than he was wrong. And Donald Trump loves his country. If the Democrats win, America is over.

MAGA 2020

Post by Guest »

I have been reading so many conflicting reports of running the numbers, it doesn't matter any more what they are, they are irrelevant. When people who were your whole world dies, the whole world has died.

The answer is so simple:
Open the economy. Sequester those who are vulnerable and support them with food and housing and medicine so they can stay in. Wear a mask because you are a descent human being. It's easy to see, then, who is not a descent human being. Let it be because most everyone who is most vulnerable is secure. It doesn't have to be law. But it would be nice to see mints all over the place for "mask breath."

Post by Guest »

Sorry, my spell checker is going nuts like the rest of the world. That should be decent.