21-Jan-18 World View -- Turkey begins invasion of Syria while China lies about 'indisputable sovereignty'

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

21-Jan-18 World View -- Turkey begins invasion of Syria while China lies about 'indisputable sovereignty'

Post by John »

Summary of major Generational Dynamics predictions

** 21-Jan-18 World View -- Turkey begins invasion of Syria while China lies about 'indisputable sovereignty'
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e180121

Contents:
Turkey begins its air and ground invasion of Syria's Afrin
China lies about 'indisputable sovereignty' in new confrontation in South China Sea
Summary of major Generational Dynamics predictions

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, Turkey, Recep Tayyip Erdogan, Syria, Afrin,
Kurds, People's Protection Units, YPG,
Afrin, Manbij, Border Security Force, BSF,
Islamic State / of Iraq and Syria/Sham/the Levant, IS, ISIS, ISIL, Daesh,
Russia, Vladimir Putin, Bashar al-Assad,
China, Lu Kang, Philippines, Scarborough Shoal, Panatag Shoal,
USS Hopper, Nicole Schwegman, South China Sea
United Nations Permanent Court of Arbitration, North Korea,
Generational Dynamics predictions

Re: 21-Jan-18 World View -- Turkey begins invasion of Syria while China lies about 'indisputable sovereignty'

Post by Guest »

As of this posting, I am following the latest reports from several sources and it appears that the invasion has not quite begun yet. Thousands of troops are in position. There is significant bombing and artillery shelling in plain preparation for a ground invasion. There have even been border clashes between the FSA and the YPG. But the main ground assault lead by the Turkish Army has not yet happened.

John

Re: 21-Jan-18 World View -- Turkey begins invasion of Syria while China lies about 'indisputable sovereignty'

Post by John »

As I mentioned in the article, Turkey's troops have not crossed the
border into Syria, and they may never do so unless the FSA militia
gets bogged down. Having the FSA do all the ground fighting worked
out well for Turkey during Operation Euphrates Shield, and they're
trying it again.

Post by Guest »

John wrote:As I mentioned in the article, Turkey's troops have not crossed the
border into Syria, and they may never do so unless the FSA militia
gets bogged down. Having the FSA do all the ground fighting worked
out well for Turkey during Operation Euphrates Shield, and they're
trying it again.
FSA did not do all the ground fighting in Operation Euphrates Shield. The FSA were at the front lines, but Turkish ground forces were present to operate advance weaponry that the FSA militias are not trusted or trained to operate. It is dubious that the FSA would even follow an order for a full assault without at least a skeleton crew of Turkish military present. At least it is clear the the FSA has not conducted a major advance yet, only border skirmishes.

John

Post by John »

Guest wrote: > FSA did not do all the ground fighting in Operation Euphrates
> Shield. The FSA were at the front lines, but Turkish ground
> forces were present to operate advance weaponry that the FSA
> militias are not trusted or trained to operate. It is dubious
> that the FSA would even follow an order for a full assault without
> at least a skeleton crew of Turkish military present. At least it
> is clear the the FSA has not conducted a major advance yet, only
> border skirmishes.
Well look, I don't know who you are, whether you're a Turkish general
or whether you're a troll living in your parents' basement in Kansas.
All I know is what I read from media sources. I wrote this article in
November 2016:

** 26-Nov-16 World View -- Turkey, Syria, Kurds, ISIS converge on a major military confrontation in al-Bab
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e161126

In that article, I wrote: "The main ground force in Operation
Euphrates Shield is the Free Syrian Army (FSA), backed by Turkish
supplies and air power."

I got that information from media sources at that time. Right now,
since I have no idea who you are, I'll assume that I was correct.

Post by Guest »

John wrote:
Guest wrote: > FSA did not do all the ground fighting in Operation Euphrates
> Shield. The FSA were at the front lines, but Turkish ground
> forces were present to operate advance weaponry that the FSA
> militias are not trusted or trained to operate. It is dubious
> that the FSA would even follow an order for a full assault without
> at least a skeleton crew of Turkish military present. At least it
> is clear the the FSA has not conducted a major advance yet, only
> border skirmishes.
Well look, I don't know who you are, whether you're a Turkish general
or whether you're a troll living in your parents' basement in Kansas.
All I know is what I read from media sources. I wrote this article in
November 2016:

** 26-Nov-16 World View -- Turkey, Syria, Kurds, ISIS converge on a major military confrontation in al-Bab
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e161126

In that article, I wrote: "The main ground force in Operation
Euphrates Shield is the Free Syrian Army (FSA), backed by Turkish
supplies and air power."

I got that information from media sources at that time. Right now,
since I have no idea who you are, I'll assume that I was correct.
One of the Articles you cited is from the Daily Sabah in Ankara. It is titled, "Erdoğan, Putin discuss attack on Turkish soldiers in Syria". This article discusses four Turkish soldiers that were killed in Syria. Once again, the FSA were clearly the bulk of the ground forces, but Turkish ground forces were also present.

Post by Guest »

Well, the world won't end, that's refreshing (maybe). I've never heard anyone say that WW 3 would last five years. I guess Europe, with its 3rd world populated cities won't survive whether nuked or not. The immigrants look for opportunities to rape, loot, and slaughter, and WW 3 will just one more of them. The UK won't survive for sure.

I think your estimates for survival are too high. I have lived in many 3rd world countries, and most of these countries survive off of international (America/European) food deliveries. A war would disrupt them and there would be mass starvation. The Caribbean would be a string of Easter Islands. North Africa will be destroyed by Israel. Central America is already apocalyptic. Parts of South America are too. Eurasia, well, those countries are a write off. I think Chile, Argentina (a big maybe), and Uruguay might partially survive, but places like Mexico and Bolivia or toast. Africa is a mess and countries there are already in a state of semi-chaos on a good day.

I don't know who will be left alive to hold this global conference. I think we might end up becoming hunter gathers again.

I hope what you wrote turns about be true. It means civilization could survive. But I wouldn't bet on it. And one question begs to answered, who wins WW 3 also matters.

Post by Guest »

As of this writing, the ground assault has now begun. FSA forces backed by Turkish artillery have taken Adah Manli, Ali Bakki, Balal Kuy, Bali Kuy, Kurni, and Shinkal, on three separate axis of assault in north Afrin countryside.

Dean

Post by Dean »

I doubt the fighting spirit of the Turkish Army, they like to pick on the weak, punch them in the nose and they run.

Post by Guest »

Dean wrote:I doubt the fighting spirit of the Turkish Army, they like to pick on the weak, punch them in the nose and they run.
Never underestimate the fighting spirit of the Crisis generation. Most of the Turkish army likely sees this war as an existential crisis for the survival of the Turkish nation.