5-Dec-17 World View -- Three crises accelerate: Yemen's Saleh killed, Brexit collapses and North Korea war looms

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.

Re: 5-Dec-17 World View -- Three crises accelerate: Yemen's Saleh killed, Brexit collapses and North Korea war looms

Post by Guest »

John wrote:Let's not forget that when the next crisis war begins, the Millennials
will willingly march off to war, and become the next Greatest
Generation.
Some millennials will. Some won't. At this point, we can't afford another Vietnam war that is fought in the streets of Chicago. These snowflakes are trouble. They lack common sense and common decency. They are an Achilles Heel.

John

Re: 5-Dec-17 World View -- Three crises accelerate: Yemen's Saleh killed, Brexit collapses and North Korea war looms

Post by John »

John wrote: > Let's not forget that when the next crisis war begins, the
> Millennials will willingly march off to war, and become the next
> Greatest Generation.
Guest wrote: > Some millennials will. Some won't. At this point, we can't afford
> another Vietnam war that is fought in the streets of
> Chicago. These snowflakes are trouble. They lack common sense and
> common decency. They are an Achilles Heel.

Actually, they all will.

When Pearl Harbor was attacked, and later American soldiers were
killed on the Bataan Death March, everyone, including all the
"snowflakes" of the day, supported the war against Imperial Japan and
the Nazis. Any snowflake who refused was treated harshly by his
friends and family, and by the public at large.

Cannot sleep

Post by Cannot sleep »

All of these references to the Trojan war being thrown around by so many people (including John), it makes me wonder if this is the vibe most people are feeling. If so, well, things just got scarier.

Casandra, I mean, John, did you notice this?

Post by Guest »

Cannot sleep wrote:All of these references to the Trojan war being thrown around by so many people (including John), it makes me wonder if this is the vibe most people are feeling. If so, well, things just got scarier.

Casandra, I mean, John, did you notice this?
It's just you.

uncertainty

Post by uncertainty »

John wrote: So today the same thing is happening. The politicians and the media
can't talk about anything else besides forcing the resignation of any
man who may have said something insensitive to a woman 30 years ago.
Although the Mideast "peace process" has been dead for years, and the
number of wars in the Mideast has been growing regularly, Trump's
Jerusalem announcement is being blamed for the end of the "peace
process" and the threat of Mideast war. Although North Korea has been
developing nuclear weapons and ballistic missiles and threatening war
with America for years, it's easier to blame Trump's tweets.
I think one thing that could be helpful to turn the tide of this perception is a term I deem "truth cookies". They are basically quick solid little fact one liners that people can wip out in conversation to make people think. Perfect example is the "D.C. is the richest metro in the nation". I like it because I've noticed a lot of people don't really want to get into deep philosophical debates or even have lengthy conversations. But if you plant that small indisputable fact in their mind that points to deeper issues I think it can help turn people. The truth can be hard to swallow sometimes so why not break it up into bite sized chunks?

Post by Guest »

China's threatening to invade Taiwan. Where ar you, John?

John

Post by John »

GenerationalDynamics.com became unavailable because of an Apache
reconfiguration error by the web site host. They fixed the
problem, and the web site is ok now.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Post by Guest »

Could NK be a diversion tactic by the Red Chinese to attack Taiwan while America is tangling with NK? I think that's exactly what's been happening.

John

Post by John »

Guest wrote:Could NK be a diversion tactic by the Red Chinese to attack Taiwan while America is tangling with NK? I think that's exactly what's been happening.
I imagine the Chinese have many scenarios in mind, and that's one of them.