19-Sep-17 World View -- Turkey removing evolution from textbooks, adding more on jihad

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

19-Sep-17 World View -- Turkey removing evolution from textbooks, adding more on jihad

Post by John »

Stanislav Petrov, 'The man who saved the world,' dies at age 77

** 19-Sep-17 World View -- Turkey removing evolution from textbooks, adding more on jihad
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e170919

Contents:
Next, Turkey will teach that the sun orbits around the earth
Stanislav Petrov, 'The man who saved the world,' dies at age 77

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, Turkey, Tayyip Recep Erdogan, Charles Darwin,
Soviet Union, Stanislav Petrov

Anonymous1

Re: 19-Sep-17 World View -- Turkey removing evolution from textbooks, adding more on jihad

Post by Anonymous1 »

I hate to say this but the earth cannot obit the sun. Here is but one reason of several. I won't bore you with the others using western-based science (not islamic science). You can figure out the simple math even without taking off your shoes.

The earth spins very close to 360 deg each 24 hours. The 12 noon point is for the most past directly under the sun each day of the year. Now if that was true, then in 6 months from now, the 12 noon would be 12 midnight as again there isn't much angular loss during the 24 hours of spin. If the sun was on the left and earth on the right on 1/1/2017, the 12 noon would be pointing away from the sun on 7/1/2017. The 12 noon position cannot be always towards the sun each and every day if the earth was orbiting as then we would be losing one hour a day, or 3 days difference after 180 days.

Who sets their calendar back 6 days a year??

Re: 19-Sep-17 World View -- Turkey removing evolution from textbooks, adding more on jihad

Post by Guest »

Anonymous1 wrote:I hate to say this but the earth cannot obit the sun. Here is but one reason of several. I won't bore you with the others using western-based science (not islamic science). You can figure out the simple math even without taking off your shoes.

The earth spins very close to 360 deg each 24 hours. The 12 noon point is for the most past directly under the sun each day of the year. Now if that was true, then in 6 months from now, the 12 noon would be 12 midnight as again there isn't much angular loss during the 24 hours of spin. If the sun was on the left and earth on the right on 1/1/2017, the 12 noon would be pointing away from the sun on 7/1/2017. The 12 noon position cannot be always towards the sun each and every day if the earth was orbiting as then we would be losing one hour a day, or 3 days difference after 180 days.

Who sets their calendar back 6 days a year??
At least you didn't say the Earth was flat.