Higgenbotham's Dark Age Hovel

aeden

Re: Higgenbotham's Dark Age Hovel

Post by aeden »

Hurst cycle suggests august first week for some statistical slippage down.
Max pain will suggest usual suspects. Strays will be dollar cost averaged in if appropriate.

Fud trade is considered dxy 94 until next fomo as its mocked for now.
No clue sweeps and tbill rolloff's could care less.
current 7:3 ratio as tbill to equity.
16 percent equity 64 percent tbill rest cash.
No concern about fully invested noise.
Peso went from 20 to 16 per$
https://www.x-rates.com/graph/?from=USD&to=MXN&amount=1
No accidents exist.

https://chartexchange.com/symbol/nyse-s ... n/summary/
Protect the rest of the year.

aeden

Post by aeden »

The container ship hatch opens in the gulf. The missile fails to reach the correct ceiling as 7 states and some also the Ohio Valley are nocked offline from the EMP. They tell the fools a CME was at fault and declare a 90 day lock down to restore order as 200000 thousand infirm expire in addition to water born diseases that grip the regions. Chaos spreads. Millions on the edge of starvation for 3.5 years. CBDC ration cards issues from executive order. Europe also collapses. The States crippled as all exports cease for 3.5 years. Famines spreads. Earth splits open from coincidental quake from the Mississippi gulf to Peoria as all barge traffic stops what is not outright destroyed. All 15-minute Citys turn into open air death camps as pestilence spreads. Even the United Nations Building is destroyed from the Salem earthquake. In the chaos countless are presumed dead who just vanished. Ships appear on the Horizon. Mexico in ruins as the West Coast economy fails. Troops appear the West coast falls. Tactical strikes vaporize in reports 12 Cities. Of the 104 registered nuclear over 20 are hopeless and forever compromised and emitting. Nothing like this was seen except in an old passage long unread. Non-essential zones are abandoned for Continuity of Government. 10 zones emerge. The mapping was correct incidentally from the x marked the spot of the Nation killing earthquakes.

WEF Orders Govt's To Prepare for BILLIONS of 'Social Credit Prisoners'
https://rumble.com/v2zguom-wef-orders-g ... oners.html

https://img-s-msn-com.akamaized.net/ten ... &m=2&f=jpg

richard5za

Post by richard5za »

Happy to have found your posting hovel old friends

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

Anne Case: So, we started sniffing around, I think, in 2013. Angus was writing a paper to see whether or not self-reported well-being held anything interesting in it. And so, he was looking over the country to see whether or not suicides correlated where people reported themselves to be their life evaluation was higher or lower. Turned out he found no correlation there at all. But what he saw was that suicides were going up.

And on the other side of the room, literally, I was looking at pain and that every year in the National Health Interview Survey, we get pretty good battery of questions on pain. And that from the 1990s onward, people were reporting more and more pain every year. And so, that was sort of the very beginning of it.

And then we thought, well, suicides are going up, but what's happening to mortality for people in midlife altogether? And then what we saw was that for whites, and was whites at that point because suicide was something that affects whites a lot more than any other race, suicides mortality for people in midlife was rising. And that was stunning. The idea that after a century of decline, we would actually see mortality rates going up, and it wasn't being reported.

We thought, well, maybe we did something wrong. Maybe we should recheck our numbers, which we did. We took them on the road. We took them to medical schools and talked to our favorite demographers. And this came as a surprise to everyone. So, then we really started to dig.

Angus Deaton: Right. And from that very early paper, in that first paper, we went back to the individual death certificates. You know, we got a record of every single death that had happened in all those years. And we were interested not only with what was killing people, but splitting up who was dying. And there was an early clue there that's in the original paper and much developed later. Turns out, if you've got a four-year BA, you're sort of protected against this.

So, the people who were dying were people who did not have a four-year BA. And it's very important to emphasize that's the majority of the population. So, as of now, about 60 percent of the population do not have a four-year college degree. And those are the people at risk.

And if you go back and look at their life expectancy or you look at life expectancy at 25, by which time most people have finished their education, then it turns out that the bad things had started happening much earlier. So, in fact, there's been really no increase in adult life expectancy for people without a BA since about 2009, which whereas those with a BA are, you know, just going on as before and getting longer and longer. All the things you so eloquently said ought to happen are happening to the educated minority.

So, you've got this great divide in American society, which of course parallels many other divides. The voting divides, the polarization between people with and without a college degree.

Chris Hayes: And I want to not linger too long on this somewhat nerdy side point, but it's a non-trivial statistical task that you set yourself to. Meaning, like, it wasn't like the data's just like there and it's like, why didn't people see this? When you talk about going to the death certificates, it's like, you had to go down the individual level and then aggregate back up --

Anne Case: Yes.

Chris Hayes: -- so that you can actually find the phenomenon, right? That's why no one had quite gotten it before, because whether people have a degree or not or where they are, under what conditions, there's broad public health data, but you were doing it in a much more sort of granular way.

Anne Case: Yeah, on our little computers, we have like 80 million death records for adults in America, going back to about 1990.

Chris Hayes: Wow.

Anne Case: In 1989, that was the year they put education on the standard U.S. death certificate.

Anne Case: And it's really our only marker, which is why we started with that, and it actually turns out to be important across all these dysfunctions. But it's our only marker. We don't know income or occupation or whether your mother loved you. None of that is on your death record, but your education is.

So, that's how we started to try to like, pull the data apart. And actually, Angus said like, life expectancy for that group, the two-thirds of Americans without a BA, did start falling around 2009.
Anne Case: It's not just self-reports when we say that deaths from alcoholic liver disease are on an upward trend and have been so for people without a BA as far back as we have education on the death records.

Angus Deaton: But there's a nexus of all these things going together. I mean, one of the things when Anne and I were on different sides of the room back in 2013, which we covered fairly early on, was that across space, pain and suicide are very closely correlated with one another.

So, pain predicts suicide better than guns predicts suicide, for example --

Angus Deaton: -- I mean. And so, that's a really big deal. And also, as Anne was saying there, there's this social pain. You know, I think the pain guys now don't think of it in this Cartesian way of, I hurt my foot. It's more of the all pain is in the brain and it can come from social exclusion and social distress just as much as it can come from physical injury.

And, you know, there's this other thing beyond the pain, when you begin to look at people's marriages, you know, you begin to look at their attachment to institutions like churches and so on. The whole decline, the Putnam stuff of the decline in social capital, that is all adversely affecting people at the same time, too.

So, you just get this horrible mess. And, you know, there are a lot of causal chains going on here. And some of it, of course, has got to be traceable back to the loss of employment opportunities, the loss of good jobs for people who don't have a college degree, for example.

Chris Hayes: Yeah, just one, and I know this is something you guys have addressed, but just if people are listening to this, tracking it, the sort of inflection point around '89 or '90, that's a little bit of a methodological artifact, right? Because that's when we get the death certificate data.

So, I guess the question is, do we know if there's a divergence prior to that or is that just an unanswerable question?

Anne Case: No, it's interesting. In the data, what I have in my memory bank is looking at women, right? And headline writers would say, white men dying, which was not right. It's men and women are dying at higher rates. If you go back far enough in the data, women didn't kill themselves in this way.

Chris Hayes: Right.

Anne Case: So, back in 1990, the suicide rate or the drug overdose death rate for women with and without a BA was identical. And that was the point at --

Anne Case: -- which they actually diverged.

https://www.msnbc.com/msnbc-podcast/why ... s-n1305967

What else started trending in 1990, as discussed previously.
Higgenbotham wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2023 2:00 am
Here is some data on what has happened since Micron Technology was founded in 1978.

Under Ronald Reagan, who was in office from 1981 to 1989, there was a push to encourage small business formation, and the gap between the number of employees in small businesses versus large businesses widened to the widest gap on the chart in favor of small businesses. It remained approximately steady under George Bush. Once Clinton entered office in 1993, the gap completely closed and when Clinton left office more Americans worked for large businesses for the first time. Under the younger George Bush, once again, there was little change. When Obama entered office in 2009, once again, large businesses were favored and the gap widened even more in favor of large businesses to its widest gap on the chart in favor of large businesses.
Americans, in a generational reversal, are now more likely to work for a large employer than a small one, a shift that’s rippling through the economy.

By Theo Francis
Published April 6, 2017 at 10:45 a.m. ET

The United States has long held itself out as a nation driven by entrepreneurs and small businesses. Presidents and politicians still invoke that image, and for generations, it was largely accurate.

Today, the U.S. has become something different: a nation of employees working for large companies, often very large ones.

In the late 1970s, an American employee was more likely to work at a company with fewer than a hundred workers than one that employed 2,500 or more. Today, Americans are more likely to work for the larger firms.

More than a quarter of all U.S. employees worked at firms employing at least 10,000 people in 2014, the most recent year for which the Census Bureau has released comprehensive data.

Huge companies dominate American economic life well beyond employment. They ring up a disproportionate share of sales for goods and services, both to consumers and to other businesses.

Scale alone isn’t bad. It can bring substantial efficiencies. National cellular providers can spare customers the complexity and expense of roaming charges. At the same time, scale begets scale as big companies reinforce one another. Big retailers prefer big distributors. Big manufacturers need big suppliers.

Over time, economists say, nimble new companies should form to challenge sprawling incumbents. That isn’t happening as much these days. Young firms often fail or are absorbed by existing giants. The problem now is that business formation has slowed.

https://www.wsj.com/graphics/big-companies-get-bigger/
Angus Deaton: -- and put us on a better track. I think we're still on the bad track.

Anne Case: But one other little piece of the puzzle when we were pulling it apart was that these deaths from alcohol and deaths separately from suicide and deaths separately from drugs are much worse for birth cohorts that came up on later. So, people born in 1960 are at higher risk at any given age than people born in 1950. And those born in 1970 are in worse shape than those born in 1960 and so on.

So, we don't see this coming to an end. What we're seeing so far in the data is that younger people entering the labor market without much hope of finding a good job without a four-year degree, well, one thing that happens to them is they can't get married.

The marriage rates dropped. From 1980 to 1990, marriage rates dropped for people with and without a college degree. It was --

Angus Deaton: Yes.

Anne Case: -- just like people stopped getting married in quite as big numbers. But for people with a BA, now it's stable. For people without a BA, marriage rates continue to drop.

So, people don't have a stable home life. They'll cohabit, they'll have a kid, but then they split up. They may cohabit again, they may have another kid --

Chris Hayes: Yeah.

Anne Case: -- but none of it's very stable. And they've given up on organized religion, which regardless of what people think of organized religion, it's an institution that's been important in this country since its founding. If you needed --

Chris Hayes: Well, yes, and --

Anne Case: --solace --

Chris Hayes: -- and in human life, I mean --

Anne Case: Yes. It’s a --

Chris Hayes: -- not just here, obviously. Yeah.

Anne Case: It's a place where you go and people embrace you, and there's a certain amount of community you find there.

Chris Hayes: Yeah.

Anne Case: That's gone. Family life is gone. You don't have a good work life. So, going back to Durkheim, which is what it sent us back to, that's like a recipe for suicide. You know, the pillars that held you up are eroded, we think, because of a really bad job market.

Chris Hayes: Right. So, we've got a phenomenon here and then a sort of proximate cause, which is some sort of social unraveling, right? So, that people's connections both to each other, to institutions, to community, to family are coming apart. They are left lonelier and more alienated. And that loneliness and alienation are drivers of the kinds of behavior or actions that lead to this --

Anne Case: Yeah.

Chris Hayes: -- shorter life expectancy.
Higgenbotham wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:21 pm
My number 1 indicator that the world has entered into a new dark age is the decline in life expectancy. Whether you need to look at every country is debatable. My belief is that looking at the hegemon is enough and probably the best indicator.
The "Putnam stuff of the decline in social capital" that he mentions was discussed starting here: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=6249&p=77781&hilit=putnam#p77781
Higgenbotham wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2023 1:58 am
As best as I can recall, life expectancy in the US first began declining on the periphery - for white women in rural counties across the South. Hundreds of counties. For these women, the forces that support human life were being overwhelmed by the forces that destroy human life. How long it takes for those forces to actually show up in the life expectancy numbers under those conditions is unknown to me. It might be 20 years, maybe longer. At the time, life expectancy in the country overall was still rising. Now it has fallen by a few years. For anyone wanting to do a deep dive, it would be my guess that life expectancy is still rising in the counties surrounding Washington, D.C., in Silicon Valley, and maybe a few other select places in the US, but not many. It would also be my guess that when the life expectancy in the cities does collapse suddenly, it will go below the worst areas on the periphery, then life expectancy on the periphery will actually stabilize or even rise for a time.

In any event, I think the forces that supported human life were still greater than the forces that destroyed human life in the first half of the 20th century and for many years beyond that virtually everywhere. That started to change a bit after the turn of the century in many places and has accelerated in the past 3 years.
It appears it really started to change around 1990 and that it took about 30 years to show up in the aggregated data.

In the interview, they also mention the collapse of the Soviet Union and how the data there parallels the data in the US. I've mentioned before that many feel the new dark age began in 1914 or thereabouts but that I didn't agree because it didn't show up in the life expectancy numbers until now and therefore the forces that supported human life were still greater from 1914 until, it appears, 1990. It's possible, though, that there is something objectively measurable that can be identified earlier that inevitably leads to a decline in the forces that support human life, but I'm not aware of what that would be.

Also, in the interview, they mention the possibility of Civil War in the US due to the class divide. I've previously said Civil War is not possible in the US due to the racial divide because experiences across the US are too variable. However, with regard to class, experiences are uniform across the US because they were deliberately engineered by the Clinton and Obama Democrats to be that way.
Angus Deaton: But, you know, all of that may or may not be true. But, you know, if you make two-thirds of your own population so angry with you that they're going to come for you with pitchforks, then what you do internationally is neither here nor there, because we're going to be in a civil war domestically.

So, those things just have to take priority over foreign aid or helping Chinese or helping Indians, all of which are great things in themselves. But we've got to find some way of attending to this domestic problem where we're going to tear ourselves apart.

Chris Hayes: Yeah. I mean, to me, I did a monologue on this before the president's State of the Union in which I said, if I were writing the State of the Union, I would announce a commission that was focused on this question on life expectancy and set a moon landing target.

We are going to increase life expectancy in this country, particularly for people without BAs in the next three years, whatever it is. And I want to report from you guys about, give me 10 things we can do to get there. Because it seems to me it has to be named and identified as an actual explicit metric --

Anne Case: Yeah.

Chris Hayes: -- as a governing score. I mean, to me, it's the score. If people are dying early, what are we doing? What's the whole point of all this? Really? Like, okay, we have cheap televisions. I don't know, like --

Anne Case: Right.

Chris Hayes: But the only resource that matters in the end is the one precious life that we have on this planet and some sense of joy and social solidarity and love and mutual recognition while we're here.

Angus Deaton: We're with you --
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

It isn’t just that the barbarians are gone. The sense in which we are caught in a world we have built is even stronger than that. The built world that sustains us is so vast that, for every pound of an average person’s body, there are 30 tons of infrastructure: roads, houses, sidewalks, utility grids, intensively farmed soil, and so forth. Without all that, global population would fall to ten million or so, where it stood during much of Scott’s story, or perhaps 200 million, as it was at the beginning of the Common Era. We are creatures of the artificial world that began with Scott’s walls and canals. The Earth is so thoroughly the world we have made that our domestic animals outweigh wild terrestrial mammals by a factor of 25 to one.
https://newrepublic.com/article/145444/ ... vilization

My long term guess is in that range.
Higgenbotham wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:49 pm
The global population will be in the range of a few tens of millions when the bottom is hit in two or three centuries.
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

aeden

Post by aeden »

https://archive.org/details/RedTerrorInRussia1918-1923
Americans have already crossed the Rubican and never will have a clue as Solzhenitsyn warned.
Problem is they want a reaction for a solution already in play. Generational Dynamics covers allot of
area they cannot process and will not at our now actual expense.
https://www.naturalnews.com/2023-07-14- ... -kids.html
They will indeed have a shorter life in fact. Genotoxicity is FDA approved. Additive E171 is dumped down there
gullets every day as we marvel at the abject stupidity of it.

August, 1922,
“[T]here is simply no political activity in Russia. It is a field covered only with dead bones.
There is neither protest nor indignation. Everything is exhausted, humiliated, and suppressed.” Melgunov

They passed a Law as a class three felony to indicate what deracinated fools think.

Pile of dead Christian boys, victims of the intentional famine engineered by a Latvian Jew named Martin Latsis, head of the Ukrainian CheKa. He’s the guy who wrote in The Red Sword, the Ukrainian CheKa’s official publication, “[D]o not look for evidence that the accused acted...against Soviet power…. The first question you should ask him is what class he belongs to, what is his origin, education, profession. These questions should determine his fate.

Early in my Corporate career a Latvian and an Army man I knew where ready to take each out near a loading platform.
This was just over forty years or so years after Army let's say left Latvia.
They have no clue today other than being looted stupid by BLM Marxists to what we see in real time today.

I think they both new I would allow them to punch the crap out each other but would intercede before lethality.
Remember some of these guys we knew had been kicked out of perfectly good airplanes to take out objectives behind lines
and much worse realities. The kids today are retards.

The military occupation of Latvia by Nazi Germany was completed on July 10, 1941

The deracinated Marxist to be blunt executed Christians. I have no issue with the point of view the recent framing of issues
and the point when you give up your weapons you will die. We do know what price was paid at the foot of the Cross also.

Also, if you get time read the book Shibo wrote in his 2017 book “War’s New High Land”
18th Central Committee (2012–2017)
The crayon chewers will never want to understand anyways. Waiting for evidence as we marvel at data fragility.
The reason my wife survived covid was the education our family had to that procured monoclonal to dissolve the virus.
They terminated the cure from the market.
Last edited by aeden on Sun Jul 16, 2023 1:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.

aeden

Post by aeden »

This is mostly an admission that I have no idea what's going on.
H was honest as the day is long as they have to create a problem already scripted.

Tbills may just collapse as the cbdc grinds the bread and circus period we are now firmly into dust.
Tax receipts are collapsing. We already M2 knew H.R. 2211 that. Deflation ends them hence the educational debt absconders.
Consumers the ruthless arbiters are digging in. Uniparty has one plan. Not you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpU0-dJ0HP4

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

Higgenbotham wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2023 4:11 pm
Angus Deaton: -- I mean. And so, that's a really big deal. And also, as Anne was saying there, there's this social pain. You know, I think the pain guys now don't think of it in this Cartesian way of, I hurt my foot. It's more of the all pain is in the brain and it can come from social exclusion and social distress just as much as it can come from physical injury.
Higgenbotham wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:12 pm
It was 1995 or thereabouts that we were forced to see some canned film presentations about "diversity". One film was really corny and it said diversity is good for you - it's like eating your peas. No shit. The next thing they did was bring an Indian woman with a red dot on her forehead in to become a manager 2 levels up from the engineers. She had come to the US in 1968 to get a PhD in water chemistry but was put in charge of chemical engineers. The management tactic was to put her in there to hammer everyone under her and then for upper management above her to tacitly be like (in other words, without ever really saying it) oh, we're sorry, but she's a diversity hire and we can't get rid of her when "red dot" as I called her was just doing exactly what upper management told her to do and she didn't give a shit because she hated everyone under her anyway. The cruelty was unimaginable. That was a technique to manage a white professional workforce in 1995 until "red dot" retired.
Higgenbotham wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:45 pm
Former coworker was born in China in the late 50s and works in state government in the US. She was disgusted with the corruption and started filing grievances. She told me that during one of the grievance meetings she told the management that this place is more corrupt than Communist China. Judging from the tone of her voice, she wasn't joking, she in fact seemed quite angry. I asked her what the management said in response to her comment. She said they laughed. She regrets coming to the US.

On a simlar note, I've been reading some statements lately from Russians who are making comparisons to Russia during the days of Communism and the US at present. Just one example: http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2012/ ... _socialism
Higgenbotham wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:28 pm
On another similar subject, I used to work in a place where supervisors would form mob like groups for the purpose of harrassing and intimidating staff persons. Invariably, the reaction of the staff person was to ask, "Why are they doing this to me?" I never asked that question. As one former supervisor said to me, "Their technique was effective in getting most people to emote and ask why they were doing it. You never asked why. When you were in your cage and they were poking you with their stick, your response was to break the stick off and shove it up their ass." I told him, that's right, why they were doing it was irrelevant; the only thing that was relevant to me was the fact that they were doing it.
Angus Deaton is describing the social pain that comes from not having a strong connection to employment. He is referring to the US workers who don't have college degrees. A lot of their jobs that help maintain a positive self-image were moved offshore via free trade agreements, destroyed by various types of regulations promoted by corporate lobbyists, destroyed by Wal-Mart as small retail businesses and downtowns were destroyed, destroyed by bailouts to large corporations who require college degrees in their job descriptions even when not necessary, destroyed by covid lockdowns, etc.

For the jobs that remained in the country, many of which were occupied by people with college degrees, but weren't in, let's say, the top 10 percent, there was also lots of social pain purposely created, but in a different way. Most humans are very, very susceptible to social pain and humiliation. The primary job of "red dot" who is described in the second snippet above, was to create social pain and humiliation.

I will now describe one way in which she did that in collusion with others in top management and the legal community at large. Let's say a large corporation was being inspected by a state inspector and problems were found. The corporation understood that all they had to do was get a lawyer, have the lawyer write a letter to "red dot" basically libeling the inspector, telling blatant lies about the inspector, and "red dot" would not defend her employee. When the employee complained, "red dot" would tell the employee not to take it personally and the department lawyer would then chime in, saying how terrible this all is but that companies know they can do this and get away with it, but there is not much he can do about it at this point. The letter would be put in the case file, which is public information, and there would be no response from management. Anyone from the public can look at the case file. Everyone knew this.

The response of most people to this type of thing is to talk to a colleague in an effort to get some comfort. So, as an example, an Indian engineer came to me in confidence describing how he had been humiliated by "red dot" in a similar way as described above. I don't remember the details. I suggested that he file a grievance and gave him some guidance as to what management had violated and what he could put in the grievance. Again, I don't remember the details, but what I do remember very clearly is what followed. He came back to me and said he had gone to his doctor because he wasn't feeling well, the doctor had measured his blood pressure and it was 150, and his doctor advised him not to file the grievance. That was the end of that, and I didn't blame him. As an aside, it can be seen that in this instance, it was not about race, it was about class. That's one reason I described this particular incident. The majority of the workers that "red dot" was "managing" were nonetheless white.

The Chinese woman knew how insidious this all was because she knew what it was and recognized that it was not about her at all. She fought it tooth and nail, filing grievance after grievance. Of course, the reaction of the Wisconsin state government communists to her anger was to humiliate her during the grievance meetings by laughing at her when she held the mirror up to them. In my opinion, they were pretty arrogant because they knew they were better communists than even the Chinese or Russian communists. They had progressed from boots on balls, starvation, and gulags to being able to say there are no dead bodies, what's the big deal.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

Higgenbotham wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2023 1:58 am
As best as I can recall, life expectancy in the US first began declining on the periphery - for white women in rural counties across the South. Hundreds of counties.
COMMENTARY
JUNE 15, 2011
Map of the Day: Falling Life Expectancies
Kevin Drum

In lots of place in the United States, women are living shorter lives than they used to:

In 737 U.S. counties out of more than 3,000, life expectancies for women declined between 1997 and 2007. For life expectancy to decline in a developed nation is rare. Setbacks on this scale have not been seen in the U.S. since the Spanish influenza epidemic of 1918, according to demographers.

“There are just lots of places where things are getting worse,” said Dr. Christopher Murray, director of the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation at the University of Washington, which conducted the research. “We’re not keeping up.”

….A key finding of the data is that “inequality appears to be growing in the U.S.,” said Eileen Crimmins, a gerontologist at USC who also co-chaired the 2011 National Academies panel on life expectancies. “We are different than other countries.”

The map is below.
https://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/ ... ectancies/

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

Full toll of bacterial infection mapped for first time

Authors of a major Lancet study believe the global mortality rate linked to bacterial pathogens is second only to ischaemic heart disease.
Researchers believe the study is the first to go into global detail for the disease burden of bacterial pathogens.
The authors behind of a new study in The Lancet believe bacterial infection could be the second leading cause of death around the world.

Their analysis estimates there were 7.7 million deaths in 2019 linked to 33 pathogens, the equivalent of around 13.6% of all the world’s mortalities that year.

Only ischaemic heart disease accounted for more deaths.

The authors say detail on the disease burden of bacterial pathogens has historically been limited, and make the case for a much higher level of investment into prevention and treatment.

‘These new data for the first time reveal the full extent of the global public health challenge posed by bacterial infections,’ Dr Christopher Murray, study co-author and Director of the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation at the University of Washington’s School of Medicine, said.

‘It is of utmost importance to put these results on the radar of global health initiatives so that a deeper dive into these deadly pathogens can be conducted and proper investments are made to slash the number of deaths and infections.’

The common bacterial pathogens were considered along with 11 infection types.

Five pathogens – Staphylococcus aureus, Escherichia coli, Streptococcus pneumoniae, Klebsiella pneumoniae, and Pseudomonas aeruginosa – accounted for more than half (an estimated 54.9%) of the deaths linked to bacterial infection, according to researchers.
https://www1.racgp.org.au/newsgp/clinic ... -for-first