Nuclear War

Read Navigator's book, How To Prepare For The Coming Storms,
for valuable detailed information on what what's coming.
https://www.gofundme.com/f/coming-storms-preparation
spottybrowncow

Re: All Men

Post by spottybrowncow »

Bob Butler wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:12 pm
From my point of view, men (and women) are sentient.
Bob, I'm not trying to shit-stir, I'm just requesting clarification. People under general anesthesia are not sentient - does that mean they are not people during that time?

Post by Guest »

spottybrowncow wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2023 10:29 pm
Bob Butler wrote:
Bob, I'm not trying to shit-stir, I'm just requesting clarification. People under general anesthesia are not sentient - does that mean they are not people during that time?
Only if they are white.

Bob Butler

Post by Bob Butler »

spottybrowncow wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2023 10:29 pm
Bob Butler wrote:
If you are asleep, unconscious, or otherwise temporarily incapacitated, yes, I at least would acknowledge them as sentient. Arguably, if multiple doctors rate that someone will never recover from a coma, you might make a case he is not.

I am also not the ultimate authority, with the right to try to impose my beliefs on others. This sort of ambiguous religious / philosophical / moral question is why freedom exists. Opinions vary. The audacity of people who think they can impose their own opinion on others amazes. Like one can understand that some Muslim countries require women to cover their hair, but not here? Do we arrest and imprison folk for eating meat on Friday? We don't generally enforce religious doctrines.

spottybrowncow

Post by spottybrowncow »

Bob Butler wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:03 am
If you are asleep, unconscious, or otherwise temporarily incapacitated, yes, I at least would acknowledge them as sentient.
Dictionary.com would not support your contention https://www.dictionary.com/browse/sentient
"adjective
having the power of perception by the senses; conscious.
characterized by sensation and consciousness.

noun
a person or thing that is sentient.
Archaic. the conscious mind."

People under anesthesia are unquestionably not sentient by the pretty much universally accepted definition of the word. The best you can say is that they are potentially sentient, as the huge majority of them will gain perception / sensation.

Just like the huge majority of unborn babies.

Cool Breeze

Re: Nuclear War

Post by Cool Breeze »

spotty, don't waste your time, the bish is sick.

Just get a BTC and laugh when they turn on all the useful idiots.

Bob Butler

Post by Bob Butler »

spottybrowncow wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 3:43 pm
People under anesthesia are unquestionably not sentient by the pretty much universally accepted definition of the word. The best you can say is that they are potentially sentient, as the huge majority of them will gain perception / sensation.
For the sake of the abortion debate, you might add that something that has never been sentient isn't sentient. Would that clarify how I use the word?

Words have multiple definitions. You can't really insist that only one can be used, or insist on a definition that the user clearly doesn't intend.

Did you ever define something that can be objectively scientifically measured and defines sentience? The best I could come up with is language use, which does not apply to a single just fertilized cell.

You can say you want your religious doctrine is to be enforced with the power of government, but I expect doing so implies the formation of an official religion. Many Evangelical, Catholic and Jewish doctrines are practiced by White Supremacist believers to force European culture to have a special place. This is inconsistent with all men being equal.

Civic generations in a crisis will force their beliefs to be the new standard for the culture. That's basic S&H, and happening now with abortion. If you force women to vote blue, you will hasten the fall of the GOP. Go for it. I'll be eating popcorn and cheering from the sidelines.

jenifer232

Post by jenifer232 »

Biden's Cluster Munitions Decision Sparks Controversy in Ukraine Conflict

President Joe Biden's recent decision to include cluster munitions in a U.S. aid package to Ukraine has stirred controversy and drawn criticism. Former President Donald Trump, in contrast to his previous policies, strongly condemned the move, warning of potential global conflict. The decision aligns with the stance of over 100 nations that have banned cluster bombs due to their indiscriminate nature. NATO allies and fellow Democrats have also voiced concerns. Biden's administration defends the decision, citing supply constraints and Ukraine's need for defense. As the Ukraine conflict unfolds, the controversy shapes foreign policy and tests international relations, particularly within NATO. Biden's choice remains a contentious topic among world leaders and underscores the challenges of balancing support and civilian protection in conflicts.
https://ultramagastore.org/trump-denoun ... o-ukraine/
I am a talented author delving into the fascinating world of politics. With a passion for insightful analysis and a keen eye for detail, I fearlessly explores the complexities of political landscapes, providing a fresh and nuanced perspective.

Post by Guest »

Governments no longer seem to take the threat of nuclear war seriously. It seems that no national leader wants to lose the luxurious lifestyle that they have grown accustomed to and other world leaders assume that all leaders feel the same way. Maybe there will be no nuclear war. And if there is one, it will be entirely accidental.

tim

Post by tim »

https://poets.org/poem/september-1-1939
September 1, 1939

W. H. Auden
1907 – 1973

I sit in one of the dives
On Fifty-second Street
Uncertain and afraid
As the clever hopes expire
Of a low dishonest decade:
Waves of anger and fear
Circulate over the bright
And darkened lands of the earth,
Obsessing our private lives;
The unmentionable odour of death
Offends the September night.

Accurate scholarship can
Unearth the whole offence
From Luther until now
That has driven a culture mad,
Find what occurred at Linz,
What huge imago made
A psychopathic god:
I and the public know
What all schoolchildren learn,
Those to whom evil is done
Do evil in return.

Exiled Thucydides knew
All that a speech can say
About Democracy,
And what dictators do,
The elderly rubbish they talk
To an apathetic grave;
Analysed all in his book,
The enlightenment driven away,
The habit-forming pain,
Mismanagement and grief:
We must suffer them all again.

Into this neutral air
Where blind skyscrapers use
Their full height to proclaim
The strength of Collective Man,
Each language pours its vain
Competitive excuse:
But who can live for long
In an euphoric dream;
Out of the mirror they stare,
Imperialism's face
And the international wrong.

Faces along the bar
Cling to their average day:
The lights must never go out,
The music must always play,
All the conventions conspire
To make this fort assume
The furniture of home;
Lest we should see where we are,
Lost in a haunted wood,
Children afraid of the night
Who have never been happy or good.

The windiest militant trash
Important Persons shout
Is not so crude as our wish:
What mad Nijinsky wrote
About Diaghilev
Is true of the normal heart;
For the error bred in the bone
Of each woman and each man
Craves what it cannot have,
Not universal love
But to be loved alone.

From the conservative dark
Into the ethical life
The dense commuters come,
Repeating their morning vow;
"I will be true to the wife,
I'll concentrate more on my work,"
And helpless governors wake
To resume their compulsory game:
Who can release them now,
Who can reach the deaf,
Who can speak for the dumb?

All I have is a voice
To undo the folded lie,
The romantic lie in the brain
Of the sensual man-in-the-street
And the lie of Authority
Whose buildings grope the sky:
There is no such thing as the State
And no one exists alone;
Hunger allows no choice
To the citizen or the police;
We must love one another or die.

Defenceless under the night
Our world in stupor lies;
Yet, dotted everywhere,
Ironic points of light
Flash out wherever the Just
Exchange their messages:
May I, composed like them
Of Eros and of dust,
Beleaguered by the same
Negation and despair,
Show an affirming flame.
“Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; - Exodus 20:5

tim

Post by tim »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3x6KDLovJFg
So much has been happening in the world over the last few months–the war in Ukraine, the value drops in the US dollar, a recession and political turmoil. SRS wanted to get insights from someone who can see beyond the veil. That's why we're welcoming back Erik Prince, Founder of Blackwater and American Entrepreneur, Former Navy Seal.

Prince explains the shifts in foreign policy and the looming dangers of a no-end war in Ukraine and the growing threat of the CCP. He shares his experiences contracting with the State Department and gives insights on what Capitol Hill is pushing. Shawn and Erik discuss the decline of American manufacturing and the security threats monopolies have created in business and politics. This episode is a "state of the union" from the perspective of one of the world's most experienced entrepreneurs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktD5CkAojaI
Part 2 of this episode covers growing conflict on the world stage and secrecy here at home. Shawn & Erik discuss growing tensions between China & Taiwan. How likely is a CCP invasion of the island? What role will the US play in that conflict? Does Taiwan even stand a chance? Have all of these questions answered by Prince, one of the foremost authorities on foreign policy and global security operations.

Prince also brings a new perspective to the JFK assassination and classified reports. We also dig into social credit scores and the future of the US dollar. This episode will keep you "in the know."
“Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; - Exodus 20:5