Water Cooler

As requested, this sub-forum is for partying, fun, gossip, conundrums, flirting, comedy, tragedy, or whatever.
Higgenbotham

Re: Water Cooler

Post by Higgenbotham »

updated 3/28/2007 8:59:50 PM ET

CLINTON, S.C. — The arrest of two women teachers on charges of having sex with their male students has brought cries of lingering racism in one of South Carolina's most conservative counties and evoked some of the South's oldest and deepest-seated racial taboos.

Both women are white. The boys — six in all — are black.

Some of the black population who make up more than a quarter of Laurens County's 70,000 residents are upset over the handling of the two cases, particularly the release of the teachers on bail.

They say the cases reflect the way crimes by whites against blacks in the segregated South were treated less seriously than other offenses, and blacks who leveled accusations against whites were less likely to be believed.

"If this had been black teachers, they would not be out of jail right now," said Corinnie Young, a 49-year-old bookstore employee who is black.

Some blacks shudder to think what would have happened if the teachers were black men and the students were white girls.

"I can assure you if it were an African-American male who committed such an offense against a white female, history shows us that the charges, the punishment and the sentencing would be totally different," said state National Association for the Advancement of Colored People president Lonnie Randolph. "The system ain't blind when the perpetrator is an African American male or female or when the victim is a white female."
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/17843147/ns/u ... u0rGMuLqM8
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

John

Post by John »

And don't forget - when a boy has sex with his teacher and she gets
pregnant, then he has to pay child support for 20 years.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

Debra Lafave is a blonde with baby blue eyes who likes baby boys. Her legs that seem to go on for days are what she uses to lure them in. She made such a big splash with her sex scandal, someone actually took the time to write her own Wikipedia page.

Her crime was committed while teaching at Angelo L. Greco Middle School in Temple Terrace, Florida. Unlike some other teachers, who had sex with boys of borderline legal age, Lafave got involved with a 14-yr-old boy. Everyone can agree, this is a real crime. A boy of that age is not ready to make sexual decisions.

Amazingly enough, she served no jail time because the boy’s mother did not want him in the public eye for a trial. She did serve 3 years house arrest and 7 years probation. In case you were wondering, she performed oral sex on the boy.
http://www.boredazzle.com/teachers-students/

My bias would be that the best looking female teachers tend to get little or no jail time. Like a "10" gets 1 and a "1" gets 10.
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

FishbellykanakaDude

Post by FishbellykanakaDude »

Heisenberg wrote:Unfortunately (or fortunately for those into that sorta stuff ;) ) there will likely always be "forbidden" love. Though some love is more forbidden than others. I grew up in Chicago and went to a public high school that was a mix of middle income whites and low income blacks. When you cross racial and socioeconomic boundaries the emotions become even more toxic. The relationships that did manage to make it through the turmoil left the families on both sides fractured and never really the "same". When it comes to such matters reason and equality go out the window.
Where (and when) I grew up, "Forbidden Love" was a rope TOO fond of square knots.

..ropes and bowlines ONLY, thank you very much!!

Heisenberg

Post by Heisenberg »

FishbellykanakaDude wrote: Where (and when) I grew up, "Forbidden Love" was a rope TOO fond of square knots.

..ropes and bowlines ONLY, thank you very much!!
There will always be people who claim any change from the status quo to be knotty, love or otherwise. Are we to live within the constraints society has placed upon us? What constitutes "acceptable" changes? Is it not the responsibility of each individual to decide for themselves what ideals are worth preserving? Our forebearers got many things right but certainly not everything.

John

Post by John »

FishbellykanakaDude wrote: > Where (and when) I grew up, "Forbidden Love" was a rope TOO fond
> of square knots.

> ..ropes and bowlines ONLY, thank you very much!!
Heisenberg wrote: > There will always be people who claim any change from the status
> quo to be knotty, love or otherwise. Are we to live within the
> constraints society has placed upon us? What constitutes
> "acceptable" changes? Is it not the responsibility of each
> individual to decide for themselves what ideals are worth
> preserving? Our forebearers got many things right but certainly
> not everything.
Did our forebearers forebear us, and is that one of the things they
got right?

The moon is bright when you're in love,
The skies are always fair.
A million stars are spread above.
Love makes the world go square.

John

Post by John »

BREAKING NEWS

The Miss America pageant will end its swimsuit competition. “We are
not going to judge you on your outward appearance,” the chairwoman
said.

Tuesday, June 5, 2018 10:10 AM EST
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

You just can't make this stuff up.

John

Post by John »

Photo of the day, tweeted from Canada by Angela Merkel:

https://www.thewrap.com/trump-angela-me ... photo-g-7/

FishbellykanakaDude

Post by FishbellykanakaDude »

John wrote:Photo of the day, tweeted from Canada by Angela Merkel:

OK,.. that demands a "Caption THIS!" contest...

..I shall create a thread over here: http://gdxforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=4792

thomasglee

Post by thomasglee »

FishbellykanakaDude wrote:
John wrote:Photo of the day, tweeted from Canada by Angela Merkel:

OK,.. that demands a "Caption THIS!" contest...

..I shall create a thread over here: http://gdxforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=4792
This isn't a caption, but... The picture is so perfect; it almost looks like it was staged. Perhaps 100 years from now this picture will make a good representation of the times we live within. I can see this as a traditional oil painting of a historic meeting. I wonder what is (soon) coming event will solidify this picture into our record of history.
Psalm 34:4 - “I sought the Lord, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears.”