Cool Breeze's Topic

As requested, this sub-forum is for partying, fun, gossip, conundrums, flirting, comedy, tragedy, or whatever.
Higgenbotham
Posts: 6037
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:28 pm

Re: Cool Breeze's Topic

Post by Higgenbotham »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:16 pm
Higgenbotham wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:51 am
Simple idea:

“If you've been playing poker for half an hour and you still don't know who the patsy is, you're the patsy.”

― Warren Buffett

The Bitcoin bubble is no more complicated than that. It can be expressed in a number of simple ways.

Inflation is more complicated.
Another useless, and irrelevant quip. Try an argument for once.

Useless to you. Valuable to many. Keep arguing.
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

Higgenbotham
Posts: 6037
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:28 pm

Re: Cool Breeze's Topic

Post by Higgenbotham »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:16 pm
Is the USD a ponzi scheme, Higgie? Why don't you talk about it being one? Do you think charts in Turkey or Argentina (Saylor pointed this out) which show a USD "bubble" relative to their currency, are bubbles or just people going to a more desired asset?

Gotcha. There's no way out. You have no argument. I expect you'll reply to this with more emotional, nothing language, and unrelated anecdotes.

Bitcoin is a ponzi scheme. Saylor is so silly he's not worth responding to. Anybody can see how silly he is. I mentioned him once and you ignored it, so no use.

If you can't see how silly Saylor is, you're the patsy.
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

Cool Breeze
Posts: 518
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:19 pm

Re: Cool Breeze's Topic

Post by Cool Breeze »

Higgenbotham wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:28 pm
Cool Breeze wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:16 pm
Is the USD a ponzi scheme, Higgie? Why don't you talk about it being one? Do you think charts in Turkey or Argentina (Saylor pointed this out) which show a USD "bubble" relative to their currency, are bubbles or just people going to a more desired asset?

Gotcha. There's no way out. You have no argument. I expect you'll reply to this with more emotional, nothing language, and unrelated anecdotes.

Bitcoin is a ponzi scheme. Saylor is so silly he's not worth responding to. Anybody can see how silly he is. I mentioned him once and you ignored it, so no use.

If you can't see how silly Saylor is, you're the patsy.
Another non answer. Shows me a lot. You don't have an answer. I'll leave it alone, then, until it is even more obvious you missed out.

Higgenbotham
Posts: 6037
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:28 pm

Re: Cool Breeze's Topic

Post by Higgenbotham »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:10 pm
Higgenbotham wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:28 pm
Cool Breeze wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:16 pm
Is the USD a ponzi scheme, Higgie? Why don't you talk about it being one? Do you think charts in Turkey or Argentina (Saylor pointed this out) which show a USD "bubble" relative to their currency, are bubbles or just people going to a more desired asset?

Gotcha. There's no way out. You have no argument. I expect you'll reply to this with more emotional, nothing language, and unrelated anecdotes.

Bitcoin is a ponzi scheme. Saylor is so silly he's not worth responding to. Anybody can see how silly he is. I mentioned him once and you ignored it, so no use.

If you can't see how silly Saylor is, you're the patsy.
Another non answer. Shows me a lot. You don't have an answer. I'll leave it alone, then, until it is even more obvious you missed out.

I see you've taken it upon yourself to become the self-appointed gadfly who wants to go unchallenged. This is evident by the fact that you've attempted to be the last word on virtually everything on this board with the exception of welcoming a new person. You certainly wouldn't want to welcome anyone to the forum. That's a potential person who could challenge your gadfly status.

Image
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

Higgenbotham
Posts: 6037
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:28 pm

Re: Cool Breeze's Topic

Post by Higgenbotham »

Another valuable poster immobilized by the gadfly. He even mocks people who have lost friends and relatives to covid. Think Jack will be back? And he's been here for years and makes many useful comments. Seen richard lately since the gadfly struck?

Cool Breeze wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:03 pm
Jack Edwards wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:28 pm
Debating someone that claims that this virus is "deadly" shows you just how stupid and manipulated the modern man is. More than that, he is spiritually diseased, a materialist and afraid of life (which is why he fears death so much).
One week ago I went to the viewing of my friend Lee who died of pneumonia that he got after he acquired Covid. He was a good man, a religious man, and someone who wasn't afraid to die.. though I'm sure he would rather still be alive with his loving family.
My 49 year old sister got Covid 6 months ago. She has improved now, to leaving the hospital and has 65% lung capacity with a need to be on oxygen nearly 24 hours a day. She still has a teenager in the house she's raising, but has precious little energy to deal with it. She also had an autoimmune reaction which caused nerve damage giving her chronic tinitus and a prickling sensation in her extremities. The nerve damage may be permanent. If it progresses - she could lose the ability to walk.

Respectfully - this is a serious disease. The vaccine is extremely effective at preventing serious illness now. We don't know it's long term effects - sure - you're right on that. Though I'm sure my sister would have been better off taking the vaccine - had it been available 6 months ago then where she is now. If you're old, or have an autoimmune disorder - I personally think the vaccine benefits far outweigh the risks. If you don't want to get the vaccine, fine. I hope you only ever get a mild case of it if at all. But if you think this isn't a serious disease - or that people that take the vaccine are somehow spiritually deficient - you're an idiot..

Jack Edwards.
Jack, I'll take your name calling, I have no problem with that, but know who you are talking to. And know what science is (hint: it's not anecdotes). The data is the data. An overwhelming majority of people who get this nothing happens to (care to make an inference? It blows up your emotional storytelling). And this is in a country where most people are quite clearly unhealthy (old and fat or a combination). Your anecdotes to boot are about unhealthy people. I'm not happy they got sick, but to act like they would have lived healthy lives otherwise, or something else wouldn't have happened to them, is pure emotional bias and recall bias, beyond that. If the IFR is akin to flu, and we never did anything about the flu, it by definition is not a big deal nor deadly. Something that doesn't kill young or healthy people (this doesn't) isn't deadly.

Cancer is a serious disease. Crohn's is a serious disease. People survive those and have bad effects or medication difficulties. SARS-cov2 has an IFR of around 0.6%.

It's not deadly. Period.
though I'm sure he would rather still be alive with his loving family.
I'm not pleased that anyone perishes (I had a relative die with covid), but it is amusing to me that if you are correct in your statement - he feared death more. Which means, oddly, that you are a witness against yourself, choosing for others to rather be in this world than face the one, true loving God - which was precisely my point.
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

Higgenbotham
Posts: 6037
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:28 pm

Re: Cool Breeze's Topic

Post by Higgenbotham »

The number one rule on this board is: DON'T SPEAK AGAINST THE GADFLY. richard violated this rule when he responded to the post below. I have violated this rule more times than I can count. I will continue to violate this rule.

richard5za wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:01 am
Very amusing and skillfully written! I had a good belly laugh!
Higgenbotham wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:52 am
Higgenbotham wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:17 pm


Higgie's Original Post


Below is a 10 day chart of SAVA (Cassava Sciences) vs GBTC (Grayscale Bitcoin Trust). March 5, when the above was posted, is the second day on the chart.

Image

This chart is notable for one reason, and it's not because Cassava Sciences outperformed Grayscale Bitcoin Trust. As far as I could tell, it could have been the other way around. But Cassava Sciences had somewhat of an anchor of value (the $49 at which Wall Street was willing to provide additional funding), so I gambled on that one.

The reason it's notable in my mind is how tightly correlated these apparently unrelated objects of speculation are. When the Fed is throwing a party and the party goers have the speculative bit in their teeth, they don't differentiate a whole lot as to what they throw their money at.


Higgenbotham wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:17 pm


Higgie's Original Post Rewritten in the Style of Cool Breeze


HAHA, you can see on the chart that SAVA was the clear winner - it's obvious to those of us who understand money flow. SAVA was up MORE YESTERDAY than Bitcoin was IN TWO WEEKS and billionaires who understand money flow like Tepper know why. As do billionaires who understand tech like Zuckerberg, and don't even get me started on CRISPR technology. Do you think billionaires are in biotech for fun? You can see it, Aeden, can't you? How many times do we have to tell the rest of these guys?

Digest this chart. SAVA won't be the only horse to ride in this coming boom - there will be many and those of us who understand patents, limited supply, and most of all, CRISPR, will ride those horses. Biotech is the only way out. It won't just be Alzheimers that gets CURED once and for all, it will be diabetes, asthma, heart disease, cancer.

I'll be back to laugh at you guys again later, but right now I've got a plane to Tahiti to board.

Image

While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

John
Posts: 10078
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:10 pm
Location: Cambridge, MA USA
Contact:

Re: Cool Breeze's Topic

Post by John »

** 02-Apr-2021 World View: Simpleton
Cool Breeze wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:14 pm
> Another great example of something I've never said, but you put on
> me and think I say. Scour the posts and you won't find anything
> I've said near that. Stop being a simpleton, and stop
> misrepresenting arguments, another simpleton technique.
Whatever.

But your conclusion was still wrong.

Cool Breeze
Posts: 518
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:19 pm

Re: Cool Breeze's Topic

Post by Cool Breeze »

I see you didn't chide Tim on his posts that were "anti" Jack

Shut up Higgie, you're wrong again.

Cool Breeze
Posts: 518
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:19 pm

Re: Cool Breeze's Topic

Post by Cool Breeze »

John wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:15 pm
** 02-Apr-2021 World View: Simpleton
Cool Breeze wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:14 pm
> Another great example of something I've never said, but you put on
> me and think I say. Scour the posts and you won't find anything
> I've said near that. Stop being a simpleton, and stop
> misrepresenting arguments, another simpleton technique.
Whatever.

But your conclusion was still wrong.
Hey, we're getting somewhere. I'll take it.

Cool Breeze
Posts: 518
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:19 pm

Re: Cool Breeze's Topic

Post by Cool Breeze »

John wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:22 pm
** 16-Apr-2021 World View: What is worse?
Whatever wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:39 am
> What do you mean "the way it will end maybe worse"? I prefer
> nuclear disintegration over a slow death in lawless, hellhole
> cities. After all of this, I will never trust POC to serve next
> to me in combat. I would rather fight alone.

> I have fought in two wars, infantry, so I know how terrifying
> combat is. I also know I don't want armed and untrustworthy people
> standing behind me.

> Trust has been broken.
Thank you for your service.

At my Methuselean age, I feel exactly the same way, and hope that the
first Chinese missile lands on top of me. I have no further wishes or
objectives in life except to die as quickly and painlessly as
possible.

However, you may be surprised at how nationalistic and patriotic
you'll feel once the regeneracy event occurs. Furthermore, if you
refuse to support the war effort, then you'll be experiencing a lot of
criticism and pressure from family and friends. So you'll almost
certainly change your mind.

I assume that by POC you mean "person of color." They don't want to
lose to the Chinese any more than you do.
John, you underestimate severely the bonds of the current USA - europeans increasingly are realizing that the other groups are totally against them, and don't care about what they've done to help all those around the world and in their own country, only live to berate them for power plays and redistributing their productive capacity/money. The only thing that holds America together is economics. Once that goes, bye bye birdie. It's been that way since the country was changed by the globalists and the swamp, since the 1960s. Most of those of european descent are even godless now in the west reverting to paganism and primitivism - just like Huxley et al wanted them to. It's a sad sight.

While your regeneracy event theory is a great theory, that's a theory fit for the OLD world.

I'm sorry to say, it no longer applies. I wish I were wrong and you were right. But like your lack of understanding regarding BTC showing you are a fossil, it comes out here too - to my chagrin, Mr. Methuselah

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest