A Doctor on why she quit the emergency room.

The Silent Generation, the Baby Boomer Generation, Generation-X, the Millennial Generation (or Generation-Y) and the Pivotal Generation (Generation Z)
OLD1953

A Doctor on why she quit the emergency room.

Post by OLD1953 »

Found this while looking to see what a fellow named Greenspun is up to - a semi acquaintance from some time ago.

http://philip.greenspun.com/careers/why ... g-medicine

Very much worth a read, gives a very interesting look at a growing problem, from the inside of the problem. And I think John will recognize his changing generational attitudes to be quite to the fore in the discussion and decisions on that page.

gerald

Re: A Doctor on why she quit the emergency room.

Post by gerald »

It would be interesting to know the general education and economic level of those in the Emergency Rooms.

sarahS4621

Post by sarahS4621 »

That article left me with only one word in my mind...WOW. I often wondered about the doctors who so selflessly gave themselves to the emergency room. Having been a patient in the ER (in this day and age who hasn't?) I know how stressful and demanding it can be but I never even gave thought to the ones on the other side, I just mumbled complaints along with the other patients. It was great to hear an insider view and I really hope that the US can turn around the fact that we don't have enough medical students, maybe the hero generation can step up finally?

sochnedo

Post by sochnedo »

Very much worth a read, gives a very interesting look at a growing problem, from the inside of the problem. And I think John will recognize his changing generational attitudes to be quite to the fore in the discussion and decisions on that page.?
GuL