Financial topics

Investments, gold, currencies, surviving after a financial meltdown
Higgenbotham

Re: Financial topics

Post by Higgenbotham »

Megaphone formation H conveyed some time back as feedback, or to say flutter.
Thanks for the reminder to re-read that discussion.
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

a, I think this one from 2012 is good.
Higgenbotham wrote:I can't remember the exact quote, but in the 1930's the US Central Bank was quoted as saying to the effect that, "We did all we could to stop the deflation." Now I need to add to that, "We did all we could to stop the deflation within the moral precepts that confined activity at that time." The harpooning process and press conferences that put the Tass News Agency to shame have nothing to do with "the moral precepts that confined activity at that time." The current process is a Dark Age process. It is strictly mechanical and physical from the standpoint of where we are going. All post year 1500 models are broken and there are not enough records pre year 1500 to contruct a model. What that means in my view is the system will be run hot to its physical limit, as described by the flutter effect and the stimulation effect to the dying patient, the theory being that the structure has already collapsed and the patient is already terminal. The idea is to blast the structure with enough high pressure air to keep it standing before the vibrations collapse it, or to give the patient enough stimulation to keep the organs functioning and the patient moving. There will be no stock market crash that is regenerative or cleansing, in that the cleansing process of the crash takes the economy to new heights as has been the case for 5 centuries of Western civilization. Instead, the economy will be run hot to its dying breath (note the irony of my statement), then it will completely collapse.
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

gerald

Post by gerald »

interesting chart aedens --

but what happened in 2008?

"you did not build that" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/You_didn%27t_build_that

and who gets things done? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlas_Shrugged

and Venezuela today-- https://www.yahoo.com/news/venezuela-ra ... 57990.html

it never changes

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

When we talk about the second tier cities of Western Civilization like Chicago, Paris and Rome losing 3-7% of their millionaires in one year, we are getting close. They are gnawing away at the only thing protecting the core. Granted, there can and may be a bit of churning before the capital cities of the hegemon collapse suddenly and violently but it is very close. We know it became difficult to impossible to CREATE wealth starting from scratch since 2008 but in a few short years it has become difficult to impossible to KEEP wealth tethered to the second tier jurisdictions of Western Civilization due to lawlessness and near anarchy.

John

Post by John »

It's not clear to me why millionaires fleeing Chicago for Seattle
means anything by itself. After all, Chicago's loss is Seattle's
gain.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

John wrote:It's not clear to me why millionaires fleeing Chicago for Seattle
means anything by itself. After all, Chicago's loss is Seattle's
gain.
True to some extent. I would say that the dark age that is sweeping across America has rendered wide swaths of territory inhospitable while benefiting narrow sections of territory due to refugees leaving the inhospitable areas. There may be 3 or 4 states that have significantly grown jobs and wealth since 2008 (around pre-2008 rates for the US as a whole).

Key jurisdictions are declining for the first time after centuries of gains because law and order has broken down (according to the survey). All parts of the civilization need to be functional for it to operate. The millionaires leaving the second tier cities are taking their wealth and expertise that sustains the functionality of that geographic area, accelerating the collapse of that area.

A similar thing is being seen in mortality rates in the US as previously discussed, and it is also happening for the first time after centuries of gains. I showed a map indicating that life is getting more difficult to sustain in about half the geography of the US. You mentioned that overall lifespans are increasing. This is true but for the first time in centuries we are seeing churning as the life gets sucked out of the periphery. Lifespan and mortality data is more of a lagging indicator but it is showing up nonetheless.

Overall numbers of millionaires are increasing in the US too but they are decreasing in key second tier countries and key second tier cities because wealth is getting more difficult to sustain, due to the giant sucking sound from Washington, New York, London, Brussels, etc., where they have to cannibalize the rest of the world to prop up their bankruptcy.

The question would be how much can decline, i.e., how much can the center suck out before it collapses on itself. All of the millionaires can't abscond to safe havens like Seattle,San Francisco, and Austin. I agree those areas will likely be functional for quite awhile longer than the rest of America due to that migration.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

Higgenbotham wrote:The millionaires leaving the second tier cities are taking their wealth and expertise that sustains the functionality of that geographic area, accelerating the collapse of that area.
A good example is what happened in Flint. Enough wealth and expertise was sucked out of that area to allow recent events to happen, rendering the city a wasteland. The water distribution system will never be rebuilt and the city will be abandoned. That's not a problem necessarily until the same type of thing happens in a city/cities that is/are critical to the functioning of the civilization as a whole, like Chicago.

Another observation I would make about the situation in Michigan. Several state and local employees were criminally charged. They can do Promparty-like show trials to put a spotlight on the "industrial wreckers" but that will only accelerate the exodus of competence. The competent understand the implications of who gets a target placed on them versus who is really at fault.

aedens

Post by aedens »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jFCKg3Hb9E Controled by evil. And yes they built that.
Those Cowboys know whats under the soil out West.

They never found who took the files to the vast corruption in flint.

Noun - Cultural Marxism ‎(uncountable)

An unsolved December break-in to the Flint City Hall office where files on the water crisis were being stored was “definitely
... being investigated for their role in the ongoing lead poisoning crisis.

Bureaucracy will likely destroy America. Death and children poisoned.

The attacks are constant. Deception is the currency of the realm.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-04-2 ... st-you-any

The east coast says its anger, no its pity of old which they cannot fathom.

Eventually, the government spends the money on its own needs, so that in the end … this value is consumed; and then the portion of wealth, which passes from the hands of the taxpayer into those of the tax-gatherer, is destroyed and annihilated. Says law

John Maynard Keynes, in 1936, formulated Say's Law as:
"From the time of Say and Ricardo the classical economists have taught that supply creates its own demand...

Fear of the Lord is the last of the seven gifts of the Holy Spirit enumerated in Isaiah 11:2-3.
Seven is the virtue of Hope.

My point is they will not get to step seven. As we are warned, He will see to it unless they change.
So it begins, as we see is what we meant to say to be polite.

The tenth man rule has a price few understand as we witness affairs.

http://us.macmillan.com/thegrayrhino/michelewucker

"The rules of morality are not the conclusions of our reason." - David Hume

So shall you be. http://www.econjobrumors.com/topic/what ... light-mean

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nondestructive_testing

aedens

Post by aedens »

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-05-01/wont-end-well
http://www.visualcapitalist.com/wp-cont ... agram.html another universe

According to the OCC, as of December 31, 2015 there were $237 trillion in notional derivatives (face amount) at the 25 largest bank holding companies, with the bulk of that amount on the books of the insured banks. That compares with $169 trillion on the books of the 25 largest bank holding companies at December 31, 2007, just prior to the implosions on Wall Street. This means there has been an explosive 40 percent increase in eight years, when the Obama administration was supposed to be reining in risk on Wall Street.

When you hear Hillary Clinton repeatedly tell the public that she wants to continue along the same pathways as President Obama, and that the restoration of the Glass-Steagall Act is not needed, let the image of Goldman Sachs Bank USA and its FDIC insurance logo and its $41 trillion in derivatives come to mind.

According to the latest report, from the the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency’s (OCC), on the derivatives exposure four largest banks, credit exposure from derivatives versus the bank’s risk-based capital is as follows: JPMorgan Chase 209 percent; Bank of America 85 percent; Citibank 166 percent and Goldman Sachs (wait for it) – a whopping 516 percent.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but you might recall that one of the key promises of the Dodd-Frank financial reform legislation was that after the largest bank bailout in financial history in 2008, these derivatives were going to be pushed out of the insured bank into bank affiliates that would not endanger the taxpayer-backstopped deposits and force another monster taxpayer bailout in the next crisis. This became known as the “push-out rule” which could never seem to materialize into a hard and fast law. Then, in December 2014, Citigroup simply used its muscle to legislate the rule out of existence. pk

Henry Hill: [narrating] For as long as I can remember I always wanted to be a gangster. To me that was better than being president of the United States. To be a gangster was to own the world.

ten man rule / never be a made man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDsqpeiTqg8

MarvyGuy

Post by MarvyGuy »

Can't Keep Up
carcliff.jpg
carcliff.jpg (10.64 KiB) Viewed 4905 times