Financial topics

Investments, gold, currencies, surviving after a financial meltdown
OLD1953

Re: Financial topics

Post by OLD1953 »

aedens wrote:No we are not, at least me that is. Some have watched this link for decades also. The only point is the assertion of economic law that always assert it self.
The order of operation may differ but the outcome is a certitude and if we like it or not the Consumer will decide. The moral of the true story If you are among the 150 million who are saving little or nothing for retirement, now would be a good time to do so. If you are among those who aren't worried about health-care costs, inflation or maintaining a standard of living in retirement, now would be a good time to start worrying.

http://www.trendsresearch.com/forecast.html

http://mises.org/articles.aspx?AuthorId=123

The State is distinguished from all other institutions in society in two ways:

1.it and it alone can interfere by the use of violence with actual or potential market exchanges of other people; and
2.it and it alone obtains its revenues by a compulsory levy, backed by violence. No other individual or group can legally act in these ways.

Meanwhile, I make a choice to save to invest in what atmospere that neither the left or right can think about me or clearly for that matter?
I'd have to disagree with those points unless you are including organized crime as a form of government.

Pay for "insurance" or have an accident is a very old crime indeed, and is a compulsory levy enforced by violence. And the fighting on the Mexican border is all about determining who will purchase drugs from whom, interfering with market choices and exchanges.

Perhaps you meant government is a form of organized crime? If so, it's the only one where the modern norm is to be able to decide which syndicate you'll live under.

(Hmm, had to move the "/quote" to the end of the quote to make this not look funny. It was up by the url link.)

aedens

Post by aedens »

OLD1953 wrote:
aedens wrote:No we are not, at least me that is. Some have watched this link for decades also. The only point is the assertion of economic law that always assert it self.
The order of operation may differ but the outcome is a certitude and if we like it or not the Consumer will decide. The moral of the true story If you are among the 150 million who are saving little or nothing for retirement, now would be a good time to do so. If you are among those who aren't worried about health-care costs, inflation or maintaining a standard of living in retirement, now would be a good time to start worrying.

http://www.trendsresearch.com/forecast.html

http://mises.org/articles.aspx?AuthorId=123

The State is distinguished from all other institutions in society in two ways:

1.it and it alone can interfere by the use of violence with actual or potential market exchanges of other people; and
2.it and it alone obtains its revenues by a compulsory levy, backed by violence. No other individual or group can legally act in these ways.

Meanwhile, I make a choice to save to invest in what atmospere that neither the left or right can think about me or clearly for that matter?
I'd have to disagree with those points unless you are including organized crime a.s a form of government - YES IT IS -

Pay for "insurance" or have an accident is a very old crime indeed, and is a compulsory levy enforced by violence. And the fighting on the Mexican border is all about determining who will purchase drugs from whom, interfering with market choices and exchanges.

Perhaps you meant government is a form of organized crime? If so, it's the only one where the modern norm is to be able to decide which syndicate you'll live under.

(Hmm, had to move the "/quote" to the end of the quote to make this not look funny. It was up by the url link.)
http://mises.org/daily/2205#4c

A federally funded drug task force seized as evidence up to 200 petition signatures for marijuana legalization in Washington State in a series of early-morning raids this week. Seizing the petition signatures is bad enough. What's worse is what the task force did on its raids of a legal marijuana dispensary and its owner's home.

Drug agents handcuffed a 14-year-old boy and pointed a gun at his head. Then they took $80 from a 9-year-old girl's Minnie Mouse wallet that she earned for straight A's on her report card.

Now the drug agents - funded by the US Department of Justice - say they can only find two pages of the petition. But they had time to make photocopies of the petition, keeping the names and addresses of residents who signed.

We started our own petition demanding the release of the seized signatures that we'll deliver to the task force headquarters next week.

http://action.firedoglake.com/page/s/WA ... email52410

Meanwhile all politics are local and the area Judge wants to legalize drugs to revenue harvest as the end of prohibition.
Also discussion was for rape cases to end statutes of limitation since technology as in DNA is on file for authorities.
I consider law and order, property rights and contract in very strict interpetation. As for instance the 500 or gangs in just the
L.A area a economic block and its attibutes counter productive to civil contract. The irony is when I, under the terms of force
pay for this example above I guess it is very unclear who I disagree with.
I'd have to disagree with those points unless you are including organized crime as a form of government?
In the forums I noted the malinvestment of consumers in the consumption of 150 billion which is Utility as they consider.
Do I believe the Constitution as the Nation was forged? Yes I do. So when the Township Supervisor's talked as a group with
the Representative and Senate whom by definition they work for conveyed the two topic's of rape statutes of limitation being indefinite
and the Judges recommending reform to I had no sense of direction were it can go but indeed we need positive direction to focus
revenue on Meth and Cocaine in our area. I try to assert focus on what the frame work was and what it will not be if we do not move
and I considered a very important Generation Dynamic. The point I am trying to simplify is the two points conveyed in terms
the community can discern as contract to maintain fire and police services. When I get more time I will forward the forums link
to the estimated ~150 billion pouring over the border as we consider top to bottom realities. Am I for legalised drugs? Well
my parents could not buy it from Canada for health issue's since the Geocorporate seen to national policy on that element
but consider now the alternative to tax weed so yes it depends on how you follow the money. So yes i stand by point one and two conveyed.
I have family in the military and law enforcment and they serve with out voice but with deeds I am honored to see.
Meanwhile Washington has turned a profit in what area with actual numbers we trend here also?
I am looking also currently at our local monthy crime numbers since we work with local officials in these troubled times.

OLD1953

Post by OLD1953 »

I shouldn't worry too much, give it two years and you'll see the austerity program to end all austerity programs, coupled with some tax increases and doubtless legalization of various things with taxes to be collected on them. I would not be shocked if prostitution became legal, very likely a SCOTUS decision saying the state govts have no right to restrict such if a person is over age of consent will come about soon. Even if not, it's going to be winked at, during the Depression it is estimated that 1/5 of the women in the US did sex work at some point to keep their families fed.

(I got a first hand story about that from an old fellow I worked with at a coal mine in West Ky. During the Depression it seems he was hit on by a panderer about a "show" at a certain time and place, so he went along with it. He said he pulled his hat down low pretty quickly, as it turned out a relative was the performer and he didn't want her to recognize him.)

Recall that not long before Prohibition a third of govt income came from liquor taxes. Prohibition was not only silly and irresponsible, it kicked the govt financial system into the gutter.

http://www.ustreas.gov/education/fact-s ... stax.shtml

The major problem I see with our govt today is simply that many of those in the govt DO NOT TAKE IT SERIOUSLY. It's a glamor job with massive perks, and that's how they view it. If the tasks of govt were taken seriously, you'd not have the idiocy going on that is going on now. This is the essence of the generational dynamic, that something the crisis generation regards as utterly crucial is a joke to the later generations.

As war worldwide ramps up, as the financial crisis consumes us and as the slow destruction of pseudo wealth continues, we'll see govt regarded as the serious business it really is. And most of the foolishness will stop. For a generation or so.

aedens

Post by aedens »

http://video.godlikeproductions.com/BP_Presentation.pdf

Professing themselves to be wise they became fools.
http://www.csb.gov/assets/news/document ... _FINAL.pdf

Opined was the public facet it has to be out of site to not disturb our view.

Remember that all industry has I am not in the loop or how do you know?
Until you look the beast in eye you make a choice.
Last edited by aedens on Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aedens

Post by aedens »

http://blogs.forbes.com/csr/2010/05/21/ ... storiesbox

Probably the most significant bill, introduced by Senator Robert Menendez (D-NJ) would spike the “maximum liability for oil companies after an oil spill from $75 million to $10 billion. he legislation has significant support from Democrats, and the White House has indicated it backs an increase in liability caps.”

While this may sound great on paper, it could bring about a raft of unintended consequences. Senator Menendez likes to characterize this as “straightforward” and “common sense… Either you want to fully protect the small businesses, individuals, and communities devastated by a man-made disaster… or you want to protect multi-billion dollar oil companies from being held fully accountable.” The sad thing is that passing this bill would protect the largest oil companies and wipe out the smaller ones. According to my oil industry source, “only about two companies” could afford to pay the insurance premiums.

Transocean's drilling crew payroll data, obtained by the committee, showed only 18 employees listed on the noon to midnight shift on April 20, the night of the explosion, down from 28 employees on April 1 and 25 on April 14.

There were no engineers, electricians, mechanics or subsea supervisors on duty during the latter half of April 20, the documents suggest.
Rahall said an internal BP investigation has pointed to inattentiveness as a possible contributing factor in the explosion that sparked the spill.
"I have serious questions about whether enough people were working..., or if crew fatigue caused by extended shifts may have played a role," Rahall said.
http://www.reuters.com/article/idAFN082 ... 608?rpc=44
He acknowledged that the payroll data could not give a full picture of exactly who was working, and some rig workers have testified to having been on duty at the time of the explosion despite not being on the payroll data.

Democrats
The Railway Clerk
By Brotherhood of Railway and Steamship Clerks, Freight Handlers, Express, and Station Employes
Published 1964
Item notes: v. 63
Pg. 20:
New directive rumored from Washington: “If it moves, control it. If you can’t control it, tax it. If you can’t tax it, give it a billion dollars.”

aedens

Post by aedens »

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/bu ... ml?sid=101

"My life is very different than most people," Munley said. "You can't go out and get any job with epilepsy in your background. So I had to be a little more creative in my lifestyle."

As for job creation, he's already signed a number of bills and will have signed many more before leaving office (as do all presidents). (Notice he's not promising to get good jobs for all the jobless, just that we are going to begin to try).

When will a mans labor permeate the political mind.

Caveat emptor was first laid down as a principle in United States law in 1817, in a decision written by Chief Justice John Marshall for Laidlaw v. Organ.

aedens

Post by aedens »

John

Post by John »

A number of off-topic postings have been moved to another thread,
starting approximately here:

http://generationaldynamics.com/forum/v ... t=30#p5796

John

aedens

Post by aedens »

What are Dinoflagellates?
Living dinoflagellates are one of the most important components in plankton. They are small single-celled organisms, which swim freely in water with a forward spiraling motion propelled by dimorphic flagella: one flagellum oriented around the cell, and the other directed posterior. Cells have plates as a cell covering, and numerous cellular structures: chloroplasts mitochondria and nucleus, which set them apart from other groups of land plants belonging to microscopic algae. Many dinoflagellates are primary producers of food in the aquatic food webs. Dinoflagellates are an integral part of the first link in the aquatic food chain: the initial transfer of light energy to chemical energy (photosynthesis). Almost all other organisms are dependent upon this energy transfer for their subsequent existence.

The study of life is not about money but the survival of managed resources. The proper division of labor is our only means to observe progress and value added services of innovation which when left to interpetation is diluted as means to manage control. Nature on the other hand will assert the facts as we will see as will the consumer. Given the absorbed bent of minds of the said intellects it only serves to control progress and break the linkage to Consumer's who decides and who lives or adapt's to supply. I feel the natural law will remind those who seek control who is really in control. Many years ago we observed the oxygen depletion zones in the Ocean's and our effects to mitigate. The Project was cost plus 10 percent and only a few discerning souls would remember anymore what was done. It was a difficult point in my life in many facets time will not allow to convey. What you are allowed to see is always the point and always will be. The best I can convey is William Richard Scott as he describes contingency theory in the following manner: "The best way to organize depends on the nature of the environment to which the organization must relate". Other researchers including Paul Lawrence, Jay Lorsch, and James D. Thompson were complementing to this statement and were more interested in the impact of contingency factors on organizational structure. Their structural contingency theory was the dominant paradigm of organizational structural theories for most of the 1970s. A major empirical test was furnished by Johannes M Pennings who examined the interaction between environmental uncertainty, organization structure and various aspects of performance. As for me somewhat later we picked up the remants of one off the largest global Chemical Corporations after conferance in which the surviving divisional Vice President's was summoned to conference to seek resolve as a matter of all our economic future. It would take so much time to fully convey the essence of the Judicial, Legislative and Executive documentation to fill disclosure but we had to course our very survival top to bottom then.

Further conveyances of our albeit situation noted was.

http://law2.fordham.edu/publications/ar ... ub7359.pdf

"Moreover, providing a positive economic theory of duty doctrine leads to a more comprehensive synthesis of the economic literature on torts; specifically by showing the connection within the context of negligence doctrine between property rules, which enjoin conduct, and liability rules, which merely tax conduct.

Is it possible to course BP albeit forward survival. You bet your sorry ass it is when you get Labor and Management focused and convey why in truth and forbearance.
Are they to big to fail? No they are not to big fail if you let the division of labor of the Company's created sort it out and listen to those who have failed and also survived
the process.

I assume also red tide will be the least of our problems to recovery but another drain on progress to recovery over all. The point I would leave is the heart rules the mind
and you must choose to think.

http://www.forbes.com/2010/06/08/roubin ... bears.html

Giving the regional realities who can we depend other than the Consumer's ability in prosperity to repair balance sheet's.
To complicated to assume at the moment but we have seen inertia's building in a negative connotation in a few key areas.
How bad will it be and how long to balance sheets. To refine the regional view's the 12 Fed Govenor's they convey modest growth as
lagging indicators.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

aedens wrote:What Is it possible to course BP albeit forward survival. You bet your sorry ass it is when you get Labor and Management focused and convey why in truth and forbearance.

Are they to big to fail? No they are not to big fail if you let the division of labor of the Company's created sort it out and listen to those who have failed and also survived
the process.
The fact that BP was heading for disaster was predictable in the same sense it was predictable that Enron was heading for disaster.

I logged onto the home page of BP's web site in 2005. Prominently displayed on the front page was the fact that BP was hiring traders. There was to be an oil trading contest in London and the winners would get jobs with BP trading energy products.

There was no such indication that BP was interested in hiring top drilling engineers, safety engineers, or regulatory compliance engineers.

A year later, BP was busted by the CFTC for manipulating the propane market. The tapes and transcripts of the phone conversations proving BP personnel engaged in price manipulation were on the CFTC web site and I read them.

I expect more BP style technological disasters to come, perhaps similar to how the smaller Three Mile Island, Bhopal, and Love Canal disasters occurred one after the other.

You may remember some posts I made in early in this thread about how the low social standing of engineers in this country would eventually cripple the economy. One example:
http://generationaldynamics.com/forum/v ... t=420#p841

Peter Drucker wrote in 1999: "And then, probably within ten years or so, running a business with (short-term) "shareholder value" as its first—if not its only—goal and justification will have become counterproductive."
http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/arc ... on/4658/6/
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.