Financial topics

Investments, gold, currencies, surviving after a financial meltdown
MarvyGuy

Re: Financial topics

Post by MarvyGuy »

Mill was also critical of the intellectual laziness that permitted belief in an omnipotent and benevolent God. He felt, following his father, that the world as we find it could not possibly have come from such a God given the evils rampant in it; either his power is limited or he is not wholly benevolent.

Guess he never read Ezekiel. Mill, Marx et al are just continuing what had already started earlier. Today we are seeing the end of the road. As John notes a Caesar is waiting in the wings. Napoleon caught the Cairo express back to Paris for the same reason to "sort things out".

Zimbabwe should take note , i'm sure credit creation will work wonders any minutes now.
aaany minutes now.

El Alamein - now that is interesting...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Menas

Western Civ peaked in the high middle ages and has been in retrograde. I read that somewhere but can't find it for the life of me. Found the following but I do not think that is what I was looking for. Idea is similar and that generally West is in decline. I suspect as we visit Rome and ask where are the Cicero's and Cato's we do not find them anymore. Caesar and his children saw to it that no one remained to threaten their power so many good men perished or were compromised. As AnnB related recently there will be no where to hide and the "camps" will be sought out and destroyed and all lakes drained for boating accident recovery efforts.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Decline_of_the_West

aedens

Post by aedens »

http://voxeu.org/article/germany-s-capi ... under-euro

The Germans noted they did not knock over the gas can of capital out flows if you look at the numbers above
and the "well ill be damned the printed x fiat" for discounted assets for ~-30 percent less than a Kuznets cycle later.
The issue is control of member states since even the Germans understand on a basic level votes do matter.
The cargo cults will press until the nationalists throw them under the bus as we stressed the post standard oil
issue way back when with Teddy R. Later the seven sisters issues.

Back in the forums the demographics was posted "united nations" into 2040 since replacements of carbon based units are not currently doing so.
As we noted the Chinese assets here will double the automation by 2020. Americans are thick headed enough to be classified second natives
as the Germans are finding out being after 71 years of "guidance".

http://gdxforum.com/forum/search.php?ke ... sf=msgonly

The population is stressed and they will buy for penny's on the dollar.

As we noted the wild card was called out. When push comes to shove the swamp boys have to pay attention
since Brexit is what's for dinner for bilateral trade and the pivot we touched on clearly here also.

I can only surmise the voter base is "gifted" enough to never let Bonnie and Arkansas Clyde ever to touch the reign's.
Who knows.

And yea I would be rattled also ----- During the first night of engagement, at midnight, Saint Menas came out of his ruined church and appeared in the midst of the German camp at the head of a caravan of camels, exactly as he was shown on the walls of the ruined church in one of the frescoes depicting his miracles. This astounding and terrifying apparition so undermined German morale that it contributed to the brilliant victory of the Allies. Winston Churchill said of this victory: "Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end, but it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning." He also wrote: "Before Alamein we never had a victory. After Alamein, we never had a defeat.

aedens

Post by aedens »

The pressure to conform to an authority figure or peer group can cause people to behave in shocking ways.
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-08-2 ... nspeakable

aedens

Post by aedens »

Anyone who really cares for the continent and knows its politics will be able to tell you that the problem is not too little left or too much right but that either governments have served the interests of foreign powers to the detriment of its people. And yes, Maduro just signed an accord for a mining region, with lots of pristine rainforest to Canadian and Chinese mining firms in the South of Venezuela. Obviously he's desperate to extract any rent out of the ground possible at this stage, and NO, no neo-liberal pre-Chavista government ever touched that region, exactly because it is so vulnerable and pristine. sia

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-08-2 ... r-olympics

aedens

Post by aedens »

MarvyGuy

Post by MarvyGuy »

"We've got to break through and break down the stigma and shame. We've got to make clear that mental health is not a personal failing. Right now it's our country which is failing people with mental health issues," she said.

Followed soon by
"Ah we see that you voted for the wrong person and your GoogleFacebook Score is below the mandatory minimum threshold. You are hereby remanded to the clinic for further evaluation, consultation and diversity training"

Carlos Danger - best nomme du plume ever. Wish I had thought to sign in on this site as Carlos. Now that would be fun! I suspect I could drive John nuts with the "alternate" take on everything.

You know everything on ZH leading to boating accidents is for naught if John turns out to be correct. I probably need to take my vacation days I suppose while I still can.

De Civitate Dei contra Paganos
I address myself to those who admit that such calamities have at all times attended, and will at all times attend, the human race, and that they constantly recur in forms more or less disastrous, varying only in the scenes, occasions, and persons on whom they light

MarvyGuy

Post by MarvyGuy »

Eventually (when its too late) the world will realize that there was no war on ISIS in Syria. The real war, as history will correctly etch it, was ISIS and Turkey versus the Syrian Democratic Front (SDF) which constitutes freedom loving Arabs, Kurds, Armenian Christians and Assyrian Christians who defeated ISIS. These are now sandwiched between two allies, ISIS and Turkey, sold out for slaughter by the U.S.

John

Post by John »

MarvyGuy wrote: > I suspect I could drive John nuts with the "alternate" take on
> everything.
I thought you already knew - I'm already completely crazy.

MarvyGuy

Post by MarvyGuy »

I thought you already knew - I'm already completely crazy.

That is more likely due to the gas-lighting you are forced to constantly put up with trying to figure out what is really happening in the world today. I wonder if there are any true investigative journalism going on that is not trending from a pre-disposed viewpoint. I thought your recent report on Turkey moving into Syria was very well done. It is really quite something (frightening) to watch this all play out. I suspect The End Is Near-ier. (need to repaint my boards - getting a little weather worn)

Still "Carlos Danger"......I really missed my chance.