Financial topics

Investments, gold, currencies, surviving after a financial meltdown
Higgenbotham

Re: Financial topics

Post by Higgenbotham »

http://dollarcollapse.com/japan/amazing ... rom-japan/
For a day and a half this week, the Japanese government’s benchmark 10-year bonds attracted not a single successful private sector bid. At today’s artificially-depressed yields, no one wants this paper — except of course the Bank of Japan, which is buying up the bonds with newly-created yen.
The rest of the world now refuses to lend money for ten years at 0.6% to a government whose debt is 200% of GDP and rising, which leaves Tokyo with only two choices: monetize virtually all its future borrowing or allow interest rates to rise and pay two or three times as much in interest going forward. The latter choice would hobble, if not cripple, an economy that can only function when borrowed money is nearly free.
This might be our "loss of faith" moment in Japan.
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

gerald

Post by gerald »

Higgenbotham wrote:http://dollarcollapse.com/japan/amazing ... rom-japan/
For a day and a half this week, the Japanese government’s benchmark 10-year bonds attracted not a single successful private sector bid. At today’s artificially-depressed yields, no one wants this paper — except of course the Bank of Japan, which is buying up the bonds with newly-created yen.
The rest of the world now refuses to lend money for ten years at 0.6% to a government whose debt is 200% of GDP and rising, which leaves Tokyo with only two choices: monetize virtually all its future borrowing or allow interest rates to rise and pay two or three times as much in interest going forward. The latter choice would hobble, if not cripple, an economy that can only function when borrowed money is nearly free.
This might be our "loss of faith" moment in Japan.
What I find amazing is that governments around the world are debasing their currency at a faster rate then the interest paid and yet there are buyers for their bonds.
( not counting those entities who are required by law to buy them ) --- Amazing, of course, I guess if one has cash where does one put it?

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

gerald wrote: What I find amazing is that governments around the world are debasing their currency at a faster rate then the interest paid and yet there are buyers for their bonds.
( not counting those entities who are required by law to buy them ) --- Amazing, of course, I guess if one has cash where does one put it?
With the Central Banks picking up the slack buyers may have felt comfortable for a time. I guess it's sort of like some landlords feeling comfortable owning low income housing units as long as the government is paying the rent through Section 8 and other programs. Come to think of it, just about any investment or business is government subsidized in some form or another, and the US debt clock keeps ticking up to $17.6 trillion.
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

aedens

Post by aedens »

gerald

Post by gerald »

Higgenbotham wrote:
gerald wrote: What I find amazing is that governments around the world are debasing their currency at a faster rate then the interest paid and yet there are buyers for their bonds.
With the Central Banks picking up the slack buyers may have felt comfortable for a time. I guess it's sort of like some landlords feeling comfortable owning low income housing units as long as the government is paying the rent through Section 8 and other programs. Come to think of it, just about any investment or business is government subsidized in some form or another, and the US debt clock keeps ticking up to $17.6 trillion.
Section 8 has some hooks that I would't want to deal with. Such as an eviction -- the tenant doesn't pay his rent but the gov. through section 8 does, who do you sue for rent or possession? Who is the tenant? It become a big can of worms, you need good lawyers, preferably connected. --- This increases operating costs etc. not good.

aedens

Post by aedens »

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

gerald wrote:Higgenbotham -- I would add --

Some familiarity with history and the corresponding revealing of patterns.
And person observations. Such as the degradation of the general environment, I don't mean global warming/change I mean things like the air in Beijing and not being able to see the sun. Or being on a ship in the ocean far from land and travelling for hours in a sea littered with garbage. --- etc.
Yes, I agree with that kind of thinking.

Some things that make me go hmmmm from an environmental standpoint:

1. To buy regular food today, someone needs to buy organic and pay twice as much.
2. The drinking water supplies are contaminated with pharmaceuticals from other people's piss.
3. Polar bears in the far north are the farthest removed from human civilization but have the heaviest contamination of environmental poisons in their bodies of any species on earth.
4. The LGBT population is rapidly increasing, probably due to these various sources of contamination, as well as all sorts of childhood diseases.

And we can readily talk about the Romans having lead in their water supplies from their pipes, but these issues are barely discussed, and are far more serious.

http://www.newrepublic.com/article/1158 ... re-we-knew
Doctors prescribe hydrocodone for pain. They recommend ranitidine for acid reflux, a diuretic called hydrochlorothiazide for congestive heart failure.

But you don’t need a prescription to get these drugs in tiny doses. They're found already in our nation's water supply—and, according to an upcoming national study, the largest done so far, in higher amounts than drug companies anticipated.

We know how the drugs get there: Our bodies release them when we urinate or flush old drugs down the toilet. And it’s well known by now that pharmaceuticals are affecting fish, frogs and lobsters­—small amounts of estrogen cause male fish to develop eggs, for instance. But the impact on human health is unclear. Although research on pharmaceuticals in the water supply began almost a decade ago, no one seems to know which compounds need to be removed or how to remove them from the water safely. And no one seems to know which government agency should step forward and take action.

“All of these drugs out there on the market are going to be discharged into the environment and we don’t know what the effects are, because there’s no requirement to do an assessment on the front end,” said Nick Schroeck, executive director of the Great Lakes Environmental Law Center in Detroit.
http://www.pbs.org/tradesecrets/docs/Hi ... ircle.html
As the Arctic has become the resting place for volatile persistent chemicals, the contamination has passed up the food web to humans. Canadian health studies have shown that the people on Broughton Island have the highest levels of PCBs found in any human population except those contaminated in industrial accidents.
The Broughton Island people are not a unique case, only the most extreme example discovered thus far of human contamination with persistent chemicals. No matter where we live, we share their fate to some degree. Many chemicals that threaten the next generation have found their way into our bodies. There is no safe, uncontaminated place.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/shocking ... 23224877#2
Survey respondents were asked, "Do you have 3 months emergency funds to cover expenses in case of sickness, job loss, economic downturn?"

In 2012, nearly 60 percent of individuals did not have those funds to cover an emergency.
I don't think it will matter anyway because when the real emergency comes it will go hand in hand with systemic problems. The financial system may be frozen, so even if you have the savings, you can't get to them. But if you can, there may not be anything moving through supply chains, and retail may shut down due to that, or due to looting. This is the first crisis that will hit where people can smash the windows out of big box or large grocery stores and help themselves. I expect them to do it. For one thing, it will give them a chance to exact revenge on the big corps who have spent 30 years screwing them over. The reason you can't keep a grocery store in Detroit will apply to more than Detroit. I would add that no chain can serve just the top 1% or 10% and shut everything else down, so if disorder reigns, it will reign everywhere.

aedens

Post by aedens »

Detroit as others are a two clip city.
One clip in, one clip out.

Not even going to start on the science of facts on N-methyl-D-aspartate induced facts from educated experts.
Just the Neuroleptic plague is bad enough. We think society are dumbed down but the actual science indicated they never
had a chance.

$10,000 for anyone who can prove it wrong. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WoMps4Pmpo

Also they do not have the studies, again the lie is the category of the State.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1m3TjokVU4

http://thedailyshow.cc.com/videos/8cggw ... view-pt--3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIvFKkcT_cs

aedens

Post by aedens »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTdkY8tl2b0 as we are - No accident in the politic to coordination

http://shtfschool.com/

Problem-Reaction-Solution

1963 Communist Goals, Because you’re now left with unproductive, state sponsored welfare recipients that don’t produce anything that you can’t steal from them but they keep you in office.
You need the hard working ox middle class to suck the blood from. When the ox makes a run for it, well, you have to find ways to stop that from happening.

These ambitious men were not naive; they were overconfident about their ability to manipulate and were hopelessly outplayed.

The delay was no accident...

http://penelope.uchicago.edu/~grout/enc ... icero.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbsAqoF5UFE

The most serious dangers for American freedom and the American way of life do not come from without. What is needed to prevent any further credit expansion is to place the banking business under the general rules of commercial and civil laws compelling every individual and firm to fulfill all obligations in full compliance with the terms of the contract. If you have to convince a group of people who are not directly dependent on a solution of a problem, you will never succeed. Only to bureaucrats can the idea occur that establishing new offices, promulgating new decrees, and increasing the number of government employees alone can be described as positive and beneficial measures. The issue is always the same: the government or the market. There is no third solution.

Gulag prisoner and great (but unknown in the US) Russian writer Vasily Grossman

“I used to think freedom was freedom of speech, freedom of the press, freedom of conscience. But freedom is the whole life of everyone. Here is what it amounts to: you have to have the right to sow what you wish to, to make shoes or coats, to bake into bread the flour ground from the grain you have sown, and to sell it or not sell it as you wish; for the lathe operator, the steelworker, and the artist it’s a matter of being able to live as you wish and work as you wish and not as they order you to. And in our country there is no freedom – not for those who write books nor for those who sow grain nor for those who make shoes.”

"I am afraid the ordinary citizen will not like to be told that the banks can, and do, create money.... And they who control the credit of the nation direct the policy of Governments and hold in the hollow of their hands the destiny of the people."

Since the third method (devaluation) was rejected by orthodox theorists, and no one could see how to get the first (increase of real wealth), only the second (deflation) was left as a possible method for dealing with the problem of inflation. To many people it seemed axiomatic that the cure for inflation was deflation, especially since bankers regarded deflation as a good thing in itself. Moreover, deflation as a method for dealing with the problem of inflation went hand in hand with taxation as a method for dealing with the problem of public debts. Theorists did not stop to think what the effects of both would be on the production of real wealth and on the prosperity of the world.

http://www.deflation.com/special-deflation-report/ It is very hard to make vanilla understand the velvet rope. As we know inflation - deflation was never the point in the first place to equity asset swaps. Guess what side you red and blue get to bid on since to be blunt the steam engine ended slavery for those lacking texture on the Letter of intent from the Book you will not hear from the proper definition to liberty. That would take works they cannot fathom as to be grafted into his Covenant.

Romans 11:17-25: But if some of the branches were broken off, and you, being a wild olive, were grafted in among them and became partaker with them of the rich root of the olive tree, do not be arrogant toward the branches; but if you are arrogant, remember that it is not you who supports the root, but the root supports you. You will say then, “Branches were broken off so that I might be grafted in.” Quite right, they were broken off for their unbelief, but you stand by your faith Do not be conceited, but fear; for if God did not spare the natural branches, He will not spare you, either. Behold then the kindness and severity of God; to those who fell, severity, but to you, God’s kindness, if you continue in His kindness; otherwise you also will be cut off.
Last edited by aedens on Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.