Financial topics

Investments, gold, currencies, surviving after a financial meltdown
OLD1953

Re: Financial topics

Post by OLD1953 »

While I'm surprised they announced such a program, I'll wait and see just how much they actually do. So far, it's words, and words are cheap.

Don't forget the FED is not a part of the government. They acquire too much crap, they get stuck with it.

vincecate

Post by vincecate »

OLD1953 wrote:While I'm surprised they announced such a program, I'll wait and see just how much they actually do. So far, it's words, and words are cheap.

Don't forget the FED is not a part of the government. They acquire too much crap, they get stuck with it.
When you have a printing press, money is cheap.

The FED was created by the government, people are appointed by the government, the profits go to the government, and the government can change the laws if they are not happy with the FED. Yes, we pretend it is not part of the government, but really it is.

Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

vincecate wrote:
The FED was created by the government, people are appointed by the government, the profits go to the government, and the government can change the laws if they are not happy with the FED. Yes, we pretend it is not part of the government, but really it is.
... and the FED behaves as if everything Vince says about motivation is true.

Before federal elections the FED always behaves in ways that are good for the politicians that are currently in power.

The difference this time around is that the economy is so bad ... the steps the FED has to take in an attempt to help Obama are truly extraordinary, and likely too late.

aedens

Post by aedens »

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Middle_East/NI15Ak01.html

Romney is a foreign-policy pigmy, whose neocon-instilled agenda boils down to treating both Russia and China as enemies and bombing Iran. The Republican Party simply has no clue of what's going on in MENA. Not that Obama has much to rely on. The old, cozy, dictator-led order has collapsed after Tunisia and Egypt. Washington is being kicked out of Iraq. Obama himself cannot position Egypt as an ally or a threat. What's left is to drone - somebody, anybody - to death. Send the marines. Deploy some warships. Display some military muscle. And hope for the best.

Do you think these idiots understand they have been played yet in Washington?

Press Secretary Jay Carney says the White House has no information to suggest that any of the unrest in the Middle East was pre-planned.
Wanted to capture that fine idiotic Political response.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-09-1 ... ta-1-.html

5mill = SEC’s investigation of the so- called flash crash of May 2010, in which $862 billion was erased from equity prices in 20 minutes before recovering.
News just gets better every minute...

Need some math on drone per goat farmer strike. BTW, The Predator has been licensed to sell to Egypt, Morocco, Saudi Arabia, and UAE
Never ends does it...

So do we mind our own Business since the Goat Farmers and Proxy funded murderers are replaced and trained as fast as they spit them out?
If I Remember correctly they wanted ~5 billion in IMF cash for Egypt.... http://duckduckgo.com/?q=imf+egypt+payment Why yes they did....
Last edited by aedens on Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

aedens wrote: Do you think these idiots understand they have been played yet in Washington?
That is a valid question.

And the fact that we truly do not know that answer to it is scary.

They may just be cynical liars who want to be re-elected.

But it also appears possible they are really that deluded to believe this is somehow a spontaneous reaction to something happening in the United States.

The Islamic news papers, the Islamic political parties, the Islamic theologians and the Islamist controlled government in Egypt are all demonstrating their new power to control events in the Muslim world.

They say protest the United States peacefully, a massive peaceful protest takes place. They say do it with violence. Done. They say invade the United States embassy and replace the flag. Done.

The folks in Washington DC either believe, or are pretending to believe that what is happening in the United States, either in the Obama Administration, or on You-Tube are in control of events.

Either option, government leaders demonstrating self delusion, or government leaders demonstrating impedant cynical dishonesty, is truly scarey.

aedens

Post by aedens »

And the fact that we truly do not know that answer to it is scary. We do know countless times RC
Thucydides was correct if you are seen as moderate, and deemed weak you will be sought out and destoyed.
Since most Americans wish Washington would let these mental savages nueter themselves we will spend unlimited amounts to
save a few moderates. The Muslim Brotherhood faces a choice now. Pull the fuse, or be seen holding the match at the fuse.
Taxpayers are not dullards on these topics as the Washington pushers mired in hubris condensend back to us.
Cleon highlights the "three things that are most damaging to an empire to Diodotus: pity, delight in speeches, and a sense of fairness" (Thucydides, 70).
Both Cleon and Diodotus try to verbally manipulate their audience, an act that preys upon the weakness of human nature and our tremendous susceptibility to suggestion. They know this also, so options are narrowing now point blank.

Another Marine on sixth tour of duty killed in Afghanistan from Michigan. I will never forget.
I have two retired Military in the Family. From day one it was a 7P Operation.

29 mins ago Egyptian defense minister also reiterated his country's commitment to the security of American diplomatic personnel and property.
Maybe the Hope can endure to peace and help those in actual need.

Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

aedens wrote:And the fact that we truly do not know that answer to it is scary. We do know countless times RC
I will freely admit I do not know.

I do not know what a 7P operation is either. Never Mind - I under stand 7P now. Same as 5Ps. I was over thinking it.

aedens

Post by aedens »

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/arc ... ve/256601/

They will push the pedal down to seek Inflation no matter what the consequences. This Consumer will absolutely not buy anything new, for any reason, at any time, any more. Why not others? They cannot afford it, and now it will be even more out of reach for even more decimated as we go. Consumers seen the net cost basis of vehicles move 3k in one year alone. Water, wheat and weather basis is factors also so we get it. The cool aid lunatics could care less. This is the same as trickle down economic rhetoric garbage with the intrinsic value of Fiat. Nobody is fooled. The actual issue is the amount who believe less Utility is to support unfunded spending of Statist that seek more Aggregate spending to support them that either reds or blues can buy goods or services that only see a maginal cost reality increase. Back to the basic's of solvency issues that equate that debt is wealth and the wealth effect will move the economy forward. Who is going to eat the inputs costs, the tapped out Consumers? The shorted list just grew.

What they convey is this that one of the main concerns that firms have is there's not enough demand. There are not enough people coming and demanding their products. And if people feel that their financial situation is better because their 401(k) looks better or for whatever reason their house is worth more they're more willing to go out and spend, and that's going to provide the demand that firms need in order to be willing to hire and to invest.

Observation already known forwarded from many:
This is an planned economic assault on the middle class, open economic warfare has been declared. By the end of 2013, the Fed's historical flow operations will be accountable for 24% of US GDP. The first casualties are the savers, ZIRP to infinity. The second casualties are the lower classes and those on fixed incomes, due to inflation in the things we need. Notice oil futures way up. The third casualty is the middle class who will see increased wage pressure and job losses due to their employer absorbing increased input costs. Another casualty will be the remnants of the housing market; everyone will wait on the sidelines to see how low rates will go. Bernanke has given up. Be caught standing near your lifeboat if you know what's good for you. We do not need to end the FED since they will eliminate you and are.

From the FED: This cult of risky behavior was not limited to financial institutions. U.S. households enthusiastically leveraged themselves to the hilt.
This is untrue point blank. They have nothing to offer but Cargo Cult platitudes and the Public who do know they are full of it, and have been the demise of the Republic. It will not matter to spending now in conveyance to the above scripted response from the FED, main street has to dig in and will not change its realism to demographic reality surrounded by Psychopaths top to bottom. They understand clearly all levels now are infected and it is just the amount that are living in omission is the actual fact of the matter from the rate of core rot collapse. Leftist intellectuals insist all that is needed is a transfer of wealth to the underclass, because, after all, money can buy anything. Dept is Freedom you dullards so listen that Wall Street has first call on the money and they have your back since bonus season is assured that will be confirmed later as before.
Mises conveyed, regardless of the higher costs that thereby arise, production must be guided into the channels designated as most suitable by the economic general staff. If the standard of living of the population thereby suffers, well, in view of the high objective to be attained, that does not count at all. Not the standard of living is the greatest happiness of people, but fulfillment of duty. Whoever on ethical grounds wants to maintain war permanently for its own sake as a feature of relations among peoples must clearly realize that this can happen only at the cost of the general welfare.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... t=1h16m45s
Last edited by aedens on Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

aedens wrote: Notice oil futures way up.
I've read a thousand comments on QE3 and they've been all over the map but yours nailed it in my opinion.

Here's how I would put it. What we are seeing here is civilizational collapse. The authorities are trying to pretend it isn't happening. But when you see things like the Fed saying they will buy $40 billion in mortgages per month with no time limit, realistically what you are seeing is a civilization that is nearing the end of its useful life. Now we know the consumer can't afford $4 gasoline, but we know it will now be some higher number than $4, $5-6 is my best guess. Back to civilizational collapse. My take has been when a civilization goes into that mode for whatever reason, the unthinkable becomes thinkable. We've talked about VMT and the reason we have is because it correlates. We already know what happened to VMT in 2007/8, so we know what will happen now, though it will likely be more extreme.

We hear some of the previously unthinkable nonsense coming from Bernanke's lips recently, as you have highlighted. For example, who would have thought 5 years ago that he would hold a "press conference" and babble inane nonsense about how savers won't get any interest until 2015 but they can buy a house or a stock and get some income that way? That was unthinkable in 2007. The intent of these press conferences in my opinion is to discuss abnormal and previously unthinkable situations and "normalize" them for public consumption. Now let's fast forward a few months or years to the point when gasoline does get to $6, auto sales have crashed, and VMT is perhaps 80% of what it is today. A reporter may ask Bernanke about that and the equivalent response would be, well, yes, gasoline will remain high (same logic as saying interest will remain zero) but, yes, there are alternatives like bicycles and walking that many people do and there is public transportation in some areas so for those who are not strong enough to bicycle, maybe they should consider locating on a bus line (same logic as saying buy houses or stocks for income instead of getting interest). And by that time, whatever happens along those lines will appear perfectly normal and logical to many people. At least, it will be reality, we can say that for sure.
aedens wrote:surrounded by Psychopaths top to bottom.
This is key for any US citizen to properly understand where they live. As you've stated previously, they make the Soviets look like pussies and I agree.
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

aedens

Post by aedens »

http://duckduckgo.com/?q=deleruim+a+poem+for+byzantuim
H, the issue is Fishers note on expectations you noted correctly as we know. It's in inflation expectations they trust in certitude. They will cover later the flow was warranted since Stock was the asset class that survived. Note since the float peg from the smithsonian accord was clear thinking of the final nail to the scientific control of economic planning and yes we knew it them. We note correctly the only way to expand the economy is to reduce the real interest rate; and the only way to do that is to create expectations of inflation from Fisher(1933), “The Debt-Deflation Theory of Great Depressions,” Econometrica, Vol. 1, no. 4. Consolidations will smooth out some problems. As I noted I was off guard to the timing and seen two windows in September before the coordinating effects of the Euro, Dollar and the actual condition of the Yen noted a few pages back. Also we noted the transfer payment to Moscow and Peking in amounts as Banking sector are offline to this since the internalized payments are marked to market and not book. This makes sense for asset inflation and revenue harvesting for the closed loop. Offsets are clearly understood from the left and the right to acount net working capital perspective. Tranfer cost will be as Keynes stated in concise Autarkic principles to cost structures as before. Before it was even noted the Left avoided the topic to public dialog.
Last edited by aedens on Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.