Financial topics

Investments, gold, currencies, surviving after a financial meltdown
Iceman

Re: Financial topics

Post by Iceman »

H, as per your...
"Iceman, I found Boomer managers to be dysfunctional too. They played a lot of dysfunctional psychological games which I've noted in years past. However, the fundamental problem I see with Gen X managers that I don't see with Boomer managers is: Gen X managers don't know how to do anything. And that is true dysfunctionality at its core. And I'll reiterate because I think it's key. When I talk to an Xer and the topic becomes abstract in the sense I pull up a factoid we both encountered some months ago or make a complex analogy, I often see that faraway look I used to see in people's eyes who were 75+. And it shows what to me are the early markings of brain function deterioration. The drug and alcohol use of the early Xers was heavy and pervasive - I witnessed it but did not partake. There may also be environmental causes."
reply...that's interesting, as I never looked at it that way. Thanks! That further-in-depth on your above part said, being retired, I'm so glad I don't have to put up with the dysfunctional workplace environment anymore. Now the only thing I am concerned about in life is - is if my Miami Hurricanes and Miami Dolphins can win on any given Saturday or Sunday (or Monday night or Thursday or Friday). ;-) And at this 1:30 pm east coast time, it doesn't look like my Fish are gonna survive the Falcons today.

John

Post by John »

Higgenbotham wrote: > As far as understanding the reasons Gen Xers do what they do or
> what motivates them, I'm open to anything you have to offer. Like
> I said earlier, using the "Scottsdale" example, I was completely,
> utterly baffled by the illogic of the Gen X branch manager's
> behavior. To me, it was a simple matter of adding lots of dollars
> to the bottom line or losing them. But maybe the Gen Xer felt that
> his ass-backwards definition of "respect" took precedence over
> doing his job and adding money to his company's bottom line. Maybe
> when we were filling out the app and he inappropriately mentioned
> something negative about Trump(?) that I didn't show "respect" and
> he decided then and there that he was going to get even by not
> paying out the money he promised. That would be consistent with
> Chris screwing you out of those 2 days of pay. I don't recall the
> exact nature of his political comments but I do remember they
> seemed important to him and I indicated (though not strongly) that
> I was not in agreement.
One has to remember where these Gen-Xers are coming from. Many of
them have divorced parents, and they grew up in the 1970s-80s, amid
the most unbelievably toxic family atmosphere possible, thanks to the
feminist and Democratic party policies.

In the 1980s, a woman could make any accusation at all and send a man
to jail. There were many men who went to jail on phony rape charges,
and spent 10-20 years in jail, and only got out because of the rise of
DNA technology in the 1990s that proved that they weren't rapists, and
that the so-called victims had lied. However, some feminists still
take the view that it's ok to send men to jail on phony rape charges
since all men are rapists -- though feminists still think it's
perfectly OK that Bill Clinton violently raped about ten women, since
feminists love and adore rapists when they're Democrats. (The current
Harvey Weinstein situation is loaded with hypocrisy, it's almost
beyond belief. The Democratic Party is the party of rapists, and for
a Democratic rapist to be criticized is laughable.)

But the other thing that happened in the 1980s is that feminists were
telling women constantly to divorce their husbands and lie about phony
domestic violence and child abuse charges. As it turns out, most
physical child abuse is perpetrated by mothers, even when you account
for time spent with the children, and most child sexual abuse is
perpetrated by the mothers' boyfriends. It's very rare for a
biological father to be a child abuser. Feminists also told working
mothers to quite their jobs, so that they could get as much support
money as possible.

The children, who were Gen-Xers, saw all this going on. They wanted
to spend time with their fathers, but couldn't because their mothers
had lied about domestic violence and child abuse, and the courts
automatically agreed with them and used the charges to humiliate the
fathers as much as possible. Any father who claimed it wasn't true
was humiliated further by being accused of being in denial, and forced
to go to farcical training sessions, whose purpose was to explain to
men why they're all rapists and batterers, and they must agree or
they'll be punished further. This made things even worse for the
children, who blamed the father for not standing up to the mother.

Feminists have enormous political power. Any piece of crap that comes
from a feminist press release is automatically taken as fact, and
anyone who contradicts it is screwed.

By the way, these conclusions are well documented, with thousands of
references to scholarly and feminist documents, in my 2001 book,
"Fraternizing with the Enemy - A book on gender issues for men and for
women who care about men", which was based on 15 years of research:

http://GenerationalDynamics.com/dl/Frat ... eEnemy.pdf

which is available for free from my "downloads" page:

http://generationaldynamics.com/download

So the children growing up the 1980s in this toxic, hateful, feminist
environment were very well aware what was going on. These children
had no fathers except for a string of men in their mothers' beds. The
mothers were openly lying to the courts and getting away with it.
Their real fathers, whom they really wanted to be with, were treated
as criminals and forced to stay away.

(By the way, I'm not talking from personal experience, but about what
I learned from interviewing hundreds of men, women, feminists and
experts over a 15 year period.)

So if you're wondering about the motivation of Gen-Xers today, just
look where they came from. They learned from their mothers, following
feminist advice, to lie to everyone, to screw everyone (in every
sense), and to cause as much harm as possible to the people that the
Gen-Xers loved. So the Gen-Xers are just doing what their mothers
did.

If you think that I'm exaggerating, then just download the PDF of my
book and read it. Everything is well documented.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

Gen X Debacle of the Day

So my account got transferred from "Scottsdale" to a firm that for semi-clarity and humor we'll call "Slob". "Slob" had offered commission-free trades, but every time I made a trade today I was charged their standard rate. So I called "Slob" and hung up when their automated line got into an infinite loop asking me my birth date. I then went to chat and informed the rep from "Slob" that I was charged commission all day. The rep said that for my agreement, yes, they would be charging commission each day, then dropping it off overnight.

So, just remember, that when Gen X is in charge, you might get the freebie (or you might not - we don't know yet), but even if you do there will be built in layers of ambiguity with infinite verification involved, not just a simple 0 in the line that contains the agreed-upon charge. Also, and we already knew this, there will be no statement up front with an explanation as to exactly how it will be done.
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

AT&T just called for about the 34th time to inform me of their bundle and the young Millie asked me if I have cable.

I said in a deep, authoritative voice, "Arnold handles that."

The Millie said, um, oh, is he there?

I said, "No, he is in Sacramento right now."
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

I wouldn't necessarily call this a debacle. My new computer is set up and running great. It's a Dell Optiplex with an i5-4570 Intel Quad processor, 8 MB of DDR3 RAM, a 500 GB hard drive and Windows 8. The price was $258 delivered. One thing this civilization has gotten almost infinitely better at is delivering powerful technology at a low price. It's about the only thing, and I think it has been done at the expense of many other things, but nobody can dispute this tremendous achievement.

Aside from the continuous Gen X Debacle theme, another theme at the forefront of my thought process is how complex everything has gotten. I often wonder how the average person can deal with all this stuff. I like to point out how even the simplest things have become complex. But computers really are complex. I'm not an expert in computers but have never had to call a tech. Yesterday, I darn near threw in the towel.

So my first problem to grapple with is I'd read consistently and for a long time to "make sure you do your Windows updates" to fix the security flaws in Windows that continuously crop up. I read Vista is no longer supported by Microsoft and supposedly that is a problem. Then much to my chagrin I read that Windows 8 is no longer supported by Microsoft but Windows 8.1 is and it is a free upgrade. So I blindly went ahead and upgraded it and wow, was that ever a tedious process. But after several aborted attempts because the process hung up at various points, my computer was finally upgraded. My initial thought was that the upgrade might take an hour, as such things have in the past, so who cares.

But then I thought if Dell Refurbished is selling computers with Windows 8 on them can it really be a problem? Is the almighty Windows support and Windows updates really necessary? So I saw Bit Defender has a package for Windows Vista and it is still on the market. I started a chat with Bit Defender's rep, who stated that as long as you have their software protecting your computer, it doesn't matter if you are running an unsupported version of Windows. That seemed logical to me.

Bottom line is for a person who is not a computer expert, parsing through all this information once in a blue moon takes hours and hours, and is getting more and more difficult. The rewards are quite high though. The question I asked myself several times yesterday was whether I would be able to get through the process or if all the time would be wasted. This is the first time I've had those doubts. Also, given the complexity, I would wonder how many people get bad computer help from so-called experts.
Last edited by Higgenbotham on Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

aeden

Post by aeden »

windows 7 pro 64
brave browser
malwarebytes
zemana anti malware
kaspaersky antivirus
flawless system
homebuilt last fall
5 offline hardrives of data
3 in current system

back up system hot swaps drives

TDSSKiller is a FREE handy tool that can quickly detect and remove both known and unknown rootkits

personal vpn skip sandbox cloud server

aeden

Post by aeden »

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/vvdail ... =186942151

http://pressbull.com/key-witness-in-las ... -fbi-raid/

Declassified records from the Reagan presidential library show how the U.S. government enlisted civilian agencies in psychological operations designed to exploit information as a way to manipulate the behavior of targeted foreign audiences and, at least indirectly, American citizens.
“This group will be responsible for planning, coordinating and implementing psychological operations activities in support of United States policies and interests relative to national security,” according to a “secret” addendum to a memo, dated March 25, 1986, from Col. Paddock, the psyops advocate who had become the U.S. Army’s Director for Psychological Operations.
Uncle to the 'Perp'. What are the chances?

Fake news of the day for the discerned.

Jesus Campos, the security guard, who may or may not have been shot by Vegas Massacre shooter Stephen Paddock, remains missing and friends and family are concerned.

aeden

Post by aeden »

BSL-3 biological 'research' labs in Africa (similar to the ones in Ukraine and Khazakstan, funded by the US). Among the pathogens they study is ... Yersinia pestis. At least one also studies Bacillus anthracis. There is one such BSL-3 laboratory (opened 2008) at the Pasteur Institute in Antananarivo, the capitol of Madagascar.

I'm sure the outbreak of Y. pestis in Madagascar is totally unrelated to any US-supported outsourced 'research' into such pathogens.

Report on the Status of EDPLN BSL-3 in Select Countries in the African Region, December 2016

tyler

aeden

Post by aeden »

The effective tax rate versus the marginal tax rate will sort the myopic cult worshipers. We now have six income tax rates, starting at 10 percent and topping out at 35 percent. And all the ordinary earnings, that is, our wages, are taxed at all those rates. Nothing about this will pass through discussion will effect Wall Street. Polo-tic cannot allow the base to escape the efforts they draw from.