Financial topics

Investments, gold, currencies, surviving after a financial meltdown
gerald

Re: Financial topics

Post by gerald »

aedens ---
The problems really become prominent, when the productive decide there is no pint being productive. Then who do the moochers and parasites live off of then ? Collapse and turmoil?
hmmm

gerald

Post by gerald »

Only in America: Snow Looters Pillage A Dorito's Truck
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-11-2 ... itos-truck

Nothing new, I lived through the Chicago blizzard of 1967. I saw white law a biding citizens threaten a grocery store manager for food, because he got to work and his help did not. He open the store and sold them food to placate them, other wise they would have probably broken down the door. Civil society is only a short step from anarchy.

John

Post by John »

gerald wrote: > Only in America: Snow Looters Pillage A Dorito's Truck
> http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-11-2 ... itos-truck

> Nothing new, I lived through the Chicago blizzard of 1967. I saw
> white law a biding citizens threaten a grocery store manager for
> food, because he got to work and his help did not. He open the
> store and sold them food to placate them, other wise they would
> have probably broken down the door. Civil society is only a short
> step from anarchy.
I'm not so sure that this is really so bad. If I were trapped by snow
without food and I saw a Doritos truck that I could loot, I would
probably do so. And after the storm ended I would find a way to pay
for what I'd taken. It's quite possible that people who looted this
Doritos truck plan to do the same.

vincecate

Post by vincecate »

John wrote:And after the storm ended I would find a way to pay
I would bet they don't.

gerald

Post by gerald »

vincecate wrote:
John wrote:And after the storm ended I would find a way to pay
I would bet they don't.
I bet they don't either --

People are civil when there is a benefit to them to abide by civil rules and regulations. When the benefit or penalty is gone, so does civil society--- generally speaking.
Sorry, I have such a negative attitude toward humanity but I have seen a few things, not the really bad stuff, but enough. --- People can and will be generally helpful if there is little personal risk and especially if there could be some personal benefit. --- . All you have to do is read about how people will fight and kill over water or food when things get bad, even cannibalism. People are like animals when they get hungry enough. --- And you better believe that there are those in government who know this. --- What do you think the food program is for -- same as in Ancient Rome. --- same old same old. -- sorry

jcsok

Post by jcsok »

gerald wrote:aedens ---
The problems really become prominent, when the productive decide there is no pint being productive. Then who do the moochers and parasites live off of then ? Collapse and turmoil?
hmmm
I talk to a very few people who "get it". Unfortunately many people have never read Atlas Shrugged, and do not understand the meaning of "going Galt", and most that do understand do not have the economic circumstances or the skills. I believe that it will take many years for the productive people to quit. There is no benefit for the productive to quit other than simple hatred of the gov't. The fantasy of going Galt sounds appealing until one realizes the sacrifices that have to be made in lifestyle; and face it, the productive have a generally comfortable lifestyle.

It is apparent that the Ebola scare will not be the Black Swan event that many of us had initially feared; but there is sufficient distrust in the media and the gov't that more cases are In the US than we know. But it doesn't seem that a critical mass has occurred to overwhelm the health care system at this time. When a pandemic actually hits, and it will, the productive who have thought things through will no longer support the unproductive, and I believe that at such time going Galt will actually occur with a pandemic. However, in all likelihood it will be many years.

Unfortunately the latest executive order on immigration will push a few more productive over the edge. I find it hard not to take the plunge; but I still enjoy what I do, feel satisfaction, but think "Why continue?"

aedens

Post by aedens »

http://godfatherpolitics.com/15966/one- ... migration/

The illegals very quickly understood that Eisenhower wasn’t going to mess around. Consequently, illegal immigration decreased by 95% in the 1950s.
Read more at http://godfatherpolitics.com/15966/one- ... FOkKdvl.99

then

The Immigration and Nationality Act of 1965 (Pub.L. 89–236, 79 Stat. 911, enacted June 30, 1968), also known as the Hart–Celler Act, abolished the National Origins Formula that had been in place in the United States since theEmergency Quota Act. It was proposed by Representative Emanuel Celler of New York, co-sponsored by Senator Philip Hart of Michigan, and promoted by Senator Ted Kennedy of Massachusetts.

We can go with a list with charters or back to King George about "charters" and "vassals" as the current frame work of "no man" status we are under today.

Basis and facts are event driven. The people I know from enclaves that are produced understand the border is the issue. They came here to get away from the wanton
democides and inane level of organization. The fact of the matter diluting the soup will not resolve enclaved facts.

The jagged pills in the swamp since Nixon called it already and they cannnot even remember today what it was called.

aedens

Post by aedens »

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/ ... lture-war/
The thinking enclaves will consider safety before partizan hustlers. Imported canned voters can be
reasoned with since they understand what they just left. I am hard pressed to find those who do not uderstand
this in our local soup bowl also. The comment they wished to punch us in the tea party nose is understood as
avarice when you look under the hood as the news actually conveyed. As we noted when they had no
position to convey past our door mat other than MCarkancides and MCbains posture..

============================================================================================
dimmcrats still looking for shiny things from others.

as discussed earlier the unseen effect of stick wages from a rendition of alleged modality change

http://news.yahoo.com/jindal-seen-liabi ... ction.html

same problem locally - hired lawyer to catalog known unknowns then - it saved taxpayers landed additional cost -
- duck where in a row as we provided same level services to others -
- opportunity costs missed locally since the metro disease claimed needed opex and capex -
- prayed we lost since the road is paved in one direction with the GD seen -
- raw material of the public bent of mind damaged to the core and sealed -
Last edited by aedens on Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

aedens

Post by aedens »

http://www.businessforcore.org/facts-just-dont-matter/

I found you must independantly test your student since the cookie cutter industry still exists called public education.

It may, or may not apply to your student. It did for mine since the primary concern then was the overly paid adminstrative body count.

In a different district I was challenged to see what was going on. In ours I did also as written before. Needless to say they are sending them elsewhere as this is written.

Some of the Instructors are friends. Some are plainly not. Adjectives and invective are of little concern as they play in traffic.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

gerald wrote:Ah --- The best laid plans of mice and men --- physics and nature have laws that are a little difficult to ignore

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/ ... 7-14-33-47

HUGE SOLAR PLANT LAGS IN EARLY PRODUCTION

One of the reasons is as basic as it gets: The sun isn't shining as much as expected.

It had been projected to produce its full capacity for 8 hours a day, on average.

Operators initially expected to need steam from gas-powered boilers for an hour a day during startup. After operations began, they found they needed to keep boilers running more than four times longer - an average of 4 1/2 hours a day.

State energy regulators in August approved the plant's request to increase the natural gas it is allowed to burn by 60 percent.

It could take until 2018 for the plant backed by $1.6 billion in federal loan guarantees to hit its annual peak target,

When the $2.2 billion complex opened, Energy Department Secretary Ernest Moniz called it a "symbol of the exciting progress" in renewable energy.

hmmmmm
That's interesting. They say that the sun isn't shining as much as expected, but elsewhere we read California is in a drought. This seems like the most sensible explanation:
A little bit of inefficiency with mirrors can translate into a loss of power output ranging from small to significant, said Dr. Neil Fromer, executive director of the Resnick Sustainability Institute at the California Institute of Technology.
Faulty design.

Why would it take 4 years to ramp up anything? "Just get me through the next election cycle."
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.