Financial topics

Investments, gold, currencies, surviving after a financial meltdown
Higgenbotham

Re: Financial topics

Post by Higgenbotham »

https://www.schwab.com/resource-center/ ... -new-highs

The dumb money versus smart money spread shown at the bottom of the page.
Well, see below. Clearly, we are at one of those historical extremes. As of Friday, the five-day average of the Smart Money/Dumb Money Confidence spread has moved below -60%. In the past decade, this happened on 55 days, leading to further gains for the S&P 500 over the next two months after only 20 of them (a low 36% “win rate”), with a median return of -3.0%.
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

richard5za

Post by richard5za »

I know that you're a deeply religious Catholic. I believe that Aeden
is also a deeply religious Catholic. Perhaps the two of you can
communicate on some level that would be helpful.
I think that this website is about fully understanding and interpreting the signs of the times and using that to draw conclusions on where things are headed. I certainly don't think it helps to be Catholic, or any other faith. Interpreting the signs of the times was something the biblical prophets of the First Testament were good at, some say divinely assisted, others say a deep understanding of where human nature was taking events.To be human is not to know the future, but you can interpret and predict with some accuracy.
I do think, John, that you are onto a remarkable method of understanding human behavior cycles and the expected type of events that this would lead to. Like the prophets of ancient Israel that makes you despised by people who regard their ways, wealth and other privilege as a god given right. I suspect your name will be held high long after you have passed on!
But getting to the "group think" I was on about. Its much easier to interpret the direction that the amplitude. We all seem to be agreed that the stock market is much, much too high and will correct a lot. The debate is about things becoming so bad that it results in the global devastation as predicted by Aeden and Higg. It may happen, but I think the view is too black/white with all the shades of grey cast aside. There's no probability cone with high, medium and low probability interpretations.

But in gratitude: I purchased your book on China, John, and its a fascinating read. I have read your posts for some 14 years and find them an excellent way of understanding what is going on, I have recently returned to the forum and really enjoy the informative posts of Aeden and Higg, same personalities as a dozen years ago. Thank for all your inputs.

Changing the subject: I have a horrible feeling that the crash is not that many months away.

CH86

Post by CH86 »

The Problem with Johns predictions is that He expects somehow the Current Political elite to still maintain running things even with both the economic and political apocalypse and later all-out global war. Yet somehow the 3T leadership would remain venerated as if they are gods, as if no one at any point would call them out on their incompetence. John never answers my questions on this point because to do so would discredit his theory.

The only way the 3T leadership would survive such a crisis is that they did a disastrous opposite of what was done after 1929; that is undertake a massive clamp-down on dissent and corrosively steer things toward the only possible outcome that allows them to continue ruling; that is manipulating each of the individual step-by-step "shocks" of the collapse in such a way that destroys their opposition and destroys the populist forces while leaving the "established way" comparably intact. John's proposed outcome is impossible not because there maybe won't be a collapse: in fact there will be a collapse and that is inevitable and probably imminent. John's outcome requires the citizens agreeing to let the elites continue ruling even after their bad decisions results in things such as mass starvation in the streets after a new great depression begins. John's outcome requires the elites to be fundamentally coercive and then be successful in crushing the populists. When in fact if there is complete financial system collapse of the type that was narrowly avoided in 2008, the citizens would suffer for a short period but then recover but the current elite control would be broken forever. The elites don't really have the option of holding everything by force as well because in my opinion the populists are now stronger in strength than the elites.

John

Post by John »

** 20-Nov-2019 World View: Prophecies
richard5za wrote: > I think that this website is about fully understanding and
> interpreting the signs of the times and using that to draw
> conclusions on where things are headed. I certainly don't think it
> helps to be Catholic, or any other faith. Interpreting the signs
> of the times was something the biblical prophets of the First
> Testament were good at, some say divinely assisted, others say a
> deep understanding of where human nature was taking events. To be
> human is not to know the future, but you can interpret and predict
> with some accuracy.

> I do think, John, that you are onto a remarkable method of
> understanding human behavior cycles and the expected type of
> events that this would lead to. Like the prophets of ancient
> Israel that makes you despised by people who regard their ways,
> wealth and other privilege as a god given right. I suspect your
> name will be held high long after you have passed on!
Lol! Well thank you for that. Unfortunately, I expect to be
forgotten, except by a few dozen people, within two-three weeks after
I'm dead. I expect my fate to more like that of the mythical
Cassandra than that of the Biblical Jeremiah.

In fact, I have no further goals in life except not to be assaulted,
raped and murdered like Cassandra, and not to be thrown into a pit and
then stoned to death like Jeremiah, but instead to die quickly and
painlessly.

Having this conversation with you now is evoking memories of about a
decade ago, when you suggested that I should write to the local
Catholic Church and tell them that you said that I was a prophet. I
thought that whole idea was extremely bizarre, but I did it anyway
because you asked me to and you encouraged me too. So I did write a
couple of e-mail messages. I don't recall what I wrote, but I could
dig them out of my files if you're interested. At any rate, I was
simply blown off -- I received no response. This was not surprising
to me. In fact, I would have been shocked to receive any reply at all
to a claim that I was a prophet. (Though other people have also told
me that I'm a prophet, which is amusing to hear, of course, but not
worth much.)

I'm trying to remember what I hoped might come out of such a contact,
if they ever responded. I remember having a fantasy around that time,
or perhaps several years earlier, that some Monastery would offer me
free food and board and medical, and also provide computer, internet
and cable tv, which is really all I need to live, so that I could
continue doing what I was doing them (and am doing now). In exchange,
according to this fantasy, I would go around the Monastery and make
sure all the computer systems were in order, and fix them if they were
not. I could also produce a "Words of the Prophet" newsletter of
sorts. Looking back at this it's all hilarious -- and I even think
that I thought so at the time -- the idea that the Catholic church
would declare me to be a prophet, and would give me a Monastery room
with all I need to live on, in exchange for fixing their computers.

It just goes to show what a pathetic person I am. Any reasonable
person's fantasy would involve being locked up in a room with
beautiful women. But not me. My fantasy is to be locked up in a room
with a computer. Pathetic.
richard5za wrote: > But getting to the "group think" I was on about. Its much easier
> to interpret the direction that the amplitude. We all seem to be
> agreed that the stock market is much, much too high and will
> correct a lot. The debate is about things becoming so bad that it
> results in the global devastation as predicted by Aeden and
> Higg. It may happen, but I think the view is too black/white with
> all the shades of grey cast aside. There's no probability cone
> with high, medium and low probability interpretations.
I have to dispute the "group think" concept, which has the implication
that we're all going along with some fad. In fact, everyone's views
are strongly held outside this forum. Higgie and I, for example, have
quite different views of the direction the world is going, and we've
had dozens of discussions of this. His view that the world is
entering a new Dark Age, which he's described many times and provided
evidence for, is not one I can agree with. I see the world just
having "another world war," worse than the last one, but not the end
of the world. In fact, I expect some four billion people to be killed
by ground war, nuclear weapons, conventional weapons, disease and
famine, leaving some five billion people behind to rebuild the world.
Furthermore, technological progress, including the development of
computers and AI, will have proceeded and will proceed as if no war
has ever occurred, since that's what always happens.
richard5za wrote: > But in gratitude: I purchased your book on China, John, and its a
> fascinating read. I have read your posts for some 14 years and
> find them an excellent way of understanding what is going on, I
> have recently returned to the forum and really enjoy the
> informative posts of Aeden and Higg, same personalities as a dozen
> years ago. Thank for all your inputs.
Well, thanks for buying my book, and I'm glad you enjoyed it! Now if
only 10,000 more people would buy the book, I would be in good shape.

Your observation about Aeden and Higgie is interesting, and I hadn't
really thought about it before. Many other people have come and gone,
but the three of us have been fairly constant contributers.
(Actually, Higgie disappears every now and then, and whenever he does,
I assume that he's losing money, but I could be wrong.)
richard5za wrote: > Changing the subject: I have a horrible feeling that the crash is
> not that many months away.
Well, you may be right, but I've that feeling any number of times.

I always like to point to the fact that today, 90 years after after
the 1929 crash, no one yet knows why there was a panic on October 28,
or why it didn't occur a few months earlier or later.

So, if you correctly call the time of the crash, then you too
can be called a prophet!

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

John wrote: I have to dispute the "group think" concept, which has the implication
that we're all going along with some fad. In fact, everyone's views
are strongly held outside this forum. Higgie and I, for example, have
quite different views of the direction the world is going, and we've
had dozens of discussions of this. His view that the world is
entering a new Dark Age, which he's described many times and provided
evidence for, is not one I can agree with. I see the world just
having "another world war," worse than the last one, but not the end
of the world. In fact, I expect some four billion people to be killed
by ground war, nuclear weapons, conventional weapons, disease and
famine, leaving some five billion people behind to rebuild the world.
Furthermore, technological progress, including the development of
computers and AI, will have proceeded and will proceed as if no war
has ever occurred, since that's what always happens.
Yes, I would characterize our views as quite different with the common thread being an acceptance of generational theory as being valid and relevant within our disparate viewpoints. Also, I've stated several times that it's reasonable to have a view of the future as being much different than the present at this time in history and that view by definition will be different from every other individual's view due to the varied makeup and experiences of each individual. While I can't buy into, for example, Bill Gates' view that a dark age can't happen because technology will solve all our problems or Jeff Bezos' view that a trillion humans will inhabit the solar system decades hence and the earth will be a beautiful place to visit, I would acknowledge that both of those individuals are incredibly bright and must have individual makeup and experience that I just can't relate to at all no matter how hard I try because it simply doesn't exist within me.

Also, to have group think there needs to be a relatively large, cohesive group. The few remaining posters in the Financial Topics area of the forum constitute the remnants of a much larger, much more active and cohesive group that was here in 2009 that included, for example, mannfm11, freddyv, stilesbc, jlak, old1953 and many, many others.
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

richard5za

Post by richard5za »

So, if you correctly call the time of the crash, then you too
can be called a prophet!
Biblical prophets never included timing; they pointed to a happening and sometimes the event needed to happen before the prophecy could be understood.

Prophecy usually gets me thinking about the Socrates parable of 3 prisoners in a cave. The prophet is like the one who escapes, and then when he goes back to rescue the others they want to kill him because he is disturbing their erroneous understanding of the world.

As for being locked up in a room full of beautiful women? In this sense you need to get out of Socrates' cave!

aeden

Post by aeden »

Ukrainian MP Claims $7.4 Billion Obama-Linked Laundering, Puts Biden Group Take At $16.5 Million

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rJQ-g3XOPQ <---------------------

Arrests underway.
Some of us followed this when they shot there own people. GD forums unmasked more than one false flag.

The criminal organization is real and they are democrats.
I told you I hate Nazis.

related case

-yellowcake-

The problem is you cannot accept you have already crashed.
Its in the notes.

Trump knows this is a trap for him.
Says a word they attack as obstruction of justice .
The DOJ is on trial watching the franchise chains allegedly protecting us commit sedition and more.

On a separate reality name one HKD thread on the planet who refused to profit on these human tragedy.

The current infiltration committees are criminal and we are over run.

The Office is under attack by the -PACKAGE-

You are the shadow on the wall being adulterated.

Vinman is the hub.
Last edited by aeden on Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

aeden wrote:Ukrainian MP Claims $7.4 Billion Obama-Linked Laundering, Puts Biden Group Take At $16.5 Million

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rJQ-g3XOPQ <---------------------
I know it gets boring, but time to invoke Playfair once again:
Higgenbotham wrote:
William Playfair wrote:As in the hall, in which there has been a sumptuous banquet, we perceive the fragments of a feast now become prey to beggars and banditti; if in some instances, the spectacle is less wretched and disgusting; it is, because the banquet is not entirely over, and the guests have not all yet risen from the table.
William Playfair
An inquiry into the permanent causes of the decline and fall of powerful and wealthy nations

http://books.google.com/books?id=MLvIAA ... &q&f=false
The oligarchs looted the old Soviet Union when it went down and the same thing is happening here, with the accompanying deaths from suicide and drug overdoses (vodka there) and decline in life expectancy.

More context:
"...In looking over the globe, if we fix our eyes on those places where wealth formerly was accumulated, and where commerce flourished, we see them, at the present day, peculiarly desolated and degraded.

From the borders of the Persian Gulf, to the shores of the Baltic Sea; from Babylon and Palmyra, Egypt, Greece, and Italy; to Spain and Portugal, and the whole circle of the Hanseatic League, we trace the same ruinous [end of page #iii] remains of ancient greatness, presenting a melancholy contrast with the poverty, indolence, and ignorance, of the present race of inhabitants, and an irresistible proof of the mutability of human affairs.

As in the hall, in which there has been a sumptuous banquet, we perceive the fragments of a feast now become a prey to beggars and banditti; if, in some instances, the spectacle is less wretched and disgusting; it is, because the banquet is not entirely over, and the guests have not all yet risen from the table.

From this almost universal picture, we learn that the greatness of nations is but of short duration. We learn, also, that the state of a fallen people is infinitely more wretched and miserable than that of those who have never risen from their original state of poverty. It is then well worth while to inquire into the causes of so terrible a reverse, that we may discover whether they are necessary, or only natural; and endeavour, if possible, to find the means by which prosperity may be lengthened out, and the period of humiliation procrastinated to a distant day..."

aeden

Post by aeden »

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-08- ... ise-russia

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/giu ... -diplomats

The pay to play cult jumping jack flash comes to mind for the crossfire hurricane retards.
As we said early and often go ahead and see if they leave you alone.
The dems are a death cult.
Fair trade will never enter there vocabulary.
They are them who are the personification of ponerlogy.
Ponerology definition is - a branch of theology dealing with the doctrine of evil.
This current operation will fail and
I frowned at the crumbs of a crust of bread
Yeah, yeah, yeah

I was crowned with a spike right thru my head.
The Stones song jumping jack flash is about addicts who ran out veins.

A “Jumpin' Jack Flash” is a heroin injection into the tear duct.
“Drowned/left for dead” is strung out; “feet bled” is bleeding from injections to veins in feet when arm veins are exhausted;
“frowned at the crumbs” is the loss of appetite when strung out;
and the “spike right through my head” refers to the injection into the tear duct.

Like the current dnc halfwits and the current testimony of damn fools one step from the body farm and the flypaper above the deranged
political corpses to check what level infestation is above the current cheerful and village idiots.

Like it was said Vinman is the fool on the hill. The Office needs to burn some people in those branches.
That segment as it was said can and will be removed. It was grafted in and simple be clipped as such.
Million of dead and trillions in avarice.
The separate twenty year encyclical conversation is simply above their ability to even pretend to care
and Dr. Warner is correct in his assertions.
Mitch and the band of pansies need to step up.
We are aware as they are the current trends.
Last edited by aeden on Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

Higgenbotham wrote:The oligarchs looted the old Soviet Union when it went down and the same thing is happening here, with the accompanying deaths from suicide and drug overdoses (vodka there) and decline in life expectancy.
Bernanke: Some Wall Street executives should’ve gone to jail over financial crisis

https://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi- ... story.html

Nobody with 2 functioning brain cells can say it's not happening. One of the chief enablers is telling you that it is happening.
“It would have been my preference to have more investigations of individual actions because obviously everything that went wrong or was illegal was done by some individual, not by an abstract firm,” Bernanke said.

Asked if someone should have gone to jail, the former Fed chairman replied, “Yeah, I think so.” He did not, however, name any individual he thought should have been prosecuted, and he noted that the Federal Reserve is not a law-enforcement agency.
They continue to be free to loot and the message is out there that's it's OK to continue the looting. The looting therefore continues.