Financial topics

Investments, gold, currencies, surviving after a financial meltdown
John

Re: Financial topics

Post by John »

Higgenbotham wrote: > As for me personally, I eat salmon and other foods known to
> contain toxins, but I combine that with chelating and detoxifying
> agents such as chlorella which supposedly help eliminate the heavy
> metals and organics. Also, it helps to sweat, as sweating also
> eliminates the heavy metals and chemicals, but too much sweating
> can be a problem.
Wow! And I though MY diet was weird.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

John wrote:
Higgenbotham wrote: > As for me personally, I eat salmon and other foods known to
> contain toxins, but I combine that with chelating and detoxifying
> agents such as chlorella which supposedly help eliminate the heavy
> metals and organics. Also, it helps to sweat, as sweating also
> eliminates the heavy metals and chemicals, but too much sweating
> can be a problem.
Wow! And I though MY diet was weird.
I don't know whether what I'm doing actually works. You may have seen the Bill Moyers special years ago where he had his blood analyzed and found hundreds of contaminants. He asked a doctor (I think at Tufts) how many of those contaminants would have been found in human blood a century ago and the doctor replied, "One. Lead." I haven't had my blood analyzed to see if my contaminant levels are lower than average.
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

John

Post by John »

With regard to the yield curve inversion: Bloomberg TV is discussing
how 10-year yields have fallen around the globe -- US, Europe,
Australia, etc. -- as a reaction to the devastating manufacturing data
in Germany.

Tom Mazanec

Post by Tom Mazanec »

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

tim

Post by tim »

Higgenbotham wrote:https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/23/failed- ... roken.html

This is a really interesting article which chronicles the possible failure of technology. I say possible, as there's not enough information known yet to say so.

Everyone who's been reading this forum knows that my view on the future is not optimistic, to say the least. I consider myself a realist (yeah, we'd all like to think we are sooo objective, wouldn't we?) and have recognized there may be bright spots in the midst of future chaos, with biotech being one of them. I've believed the biotech would cure diseases like Alzheimers. I still do.

But this news seems to indicate otherwise. About 5 years worth and 1/3 of Biogen's market cap was wiped out on this news. More importantly, the IBB biotech index gapped down and so far the gap is holding. IBB is something to watch more carefully now, in my opinion. This coming crisis may be even worse than I thought.
The Cambridge, Massachusetts-based biotech giant joins a long list of companies in the last decade that have failed to find a treatment for Alzheimer's, a progressive and debilitating disease that often affects a person's memory, thinking and behavior.

Biogen and Eisai lost billions of dollars in market value. The scientific community viewed the announcement as a setback after spending billions to research and develop possible treatments — with almost nothing to show for it. Patients and families living with the disease who had pinned their hopes on aducanumab were heartbroken.

Salim Syed, senior biotech analyst at Mizuho Securities who covers the stock, said Biogen's failure was a shock to many as the Alzheimer's treatment showed promise and followed the widely accepted theory that beta amyloid was responsible for the disease.
The lack of progress on diseases such as Alzheimer's, cancer, and autoimmune is another symptom of a Dark Age.

Amyloid-B is an antimicrobial peptide, a major part of the immune system. Amyloid-B doesn't cause Alzheimer's its fighting an infection we don't yet understand.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29504537

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/a ... 601833228X

Autoimmune diseases can be caught, as was the case with the Parkinson's cluster that Michael J Fox was a part of:

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2 ... dwellbeing

DEMENTIA CAREGIVERS MORE LIKELY TO ALSO GET THE DISEASE:

https://www.wired.com/2010/05/dementia-caregiver-risk/

Sarcoidosis cluster among firefighters:

https://www.atsjournals.org/doi/abs/10. ... lCode=arrd
“Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; - Exodus 20:5

Tom Mazanec

Post by Tom Mazanec »

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

tim wrote:The lack of progress on diseases such as Alzheimer's, cancer, and autoimmune is another symptom of a Dark Age.
It's starting to look like a massive misallocation of capital.

One thing I repeatedly observe is people today, both individually and as a group, reach too far. Their expectations are too high. Collectively, they've let valuable infrastructure decay while pissing money away on trying to cure diseases that would not exist if they lived properly.

Bernanke thought he could avoid a depression and ensure that everyone had a job if he only printed enough money. I'm afraid that what he printed is a new dark age. There was enough money to reach too high and make fools think they could cure diseases that can't be cured with pills while letting the basic roots and foundations of the civilization become neglected.
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

Reminds me. From 2012.
Higgenbotham wrote:
Friedrich August von Hayek
Lecture to the memory of Alfred Nobel, December 11, 1974
In fact, in the case discussed, the very measures which the dominant "macro-economic" theory has recommended as a remedy for unemployment, namely the increase of aggregate demand, have become a cause of a very extensive misallocation of resources which is likely to make later large-scale unemployment inevitable. The continuous injection of additional amounts of money at points of the economic system where it creates a temporary demand which must cease when the increase of the quantity of money stops or slows down, together with the expectation of a continuing rise of prices, draws labour and other resources into employments which can last only so long as the increase of the quantity of money continues at the same rate - or perhaps even only so long as it continues to accelerate at a given rate. What this policy has produced is not so much a level of employment that could not have been brought about in other ways, as a distribution of employment which cannot be indefinitely maintained and which after some time can be maintained only by a rate of inflation which would rapidly lead to a disorganisation of all economic activity. The fact is that by a mistaken theoretical view we have been led into a precarious position in which we cannot prevent substantial unemployment from re-appearing; not because, as this view is sometimes misrepresented, this unemployment is deliberately brought about as a means to combat inflation, but because it is now bound to occur as a deeply regrettable but inescapable consequence of the mistaken policies of the past as soon as inflation ceases to accelerate.
http://www.nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/ ... cture.html

aeden

Post by aeden »

http://www.hackersnewsbulletin.com/2014 ... ckers.html
https://www.businessinsider.com/china-s ... =hvper.com
http://china-trade-research.hktdc.com/b ... 0A36I0.htm

startup hacks rampant
as fast as you developed it, its stolen

rule 7
Sidetrack opponents with name calling and ridicule.
This is also known as the primary attack the messenger ploy, though other methods qualify as variants of that approach.
Associate opponents with unpopular titles such as “kooks”, “right-wing”, “liberal”, “left-wing”, “terrorists”, “conspiracy buffs”, “radicals”, “militia”, “racists”, “religious fanatics”, “sexual deviates”, and so forth.
This makes others shrink from support out of fear of gaining the same label.

The word usage of Middle Class has no meaning as the actual digital disease detection is ignored on that simple point alone.
As we forwarded from 1996 and many much earlier we could not protect the user base from what we knew was coming
and the actual taxing predator class on another simple level that was designed as a take out.
We could of fought it and got basically two to five years from later similar studies more but decided to go digital black.
Consider the point if you went back to college for a few more years you can be like them.
The only updates allowed are herd management for social credit management systems.

Of course your a liar when you talk to the new formatted.
http://gdxforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... imm#p42999

Later, on December 18, 2012, the Congress enhanced the 1996 Economic Espionage Act, in order to cover similar acts in future rulings,
in a law referred to as the "Theft of trade secrets clarification act of 2012".

pretext:
Notes: Monday, Oct. 07, 1985
In 1932, with international trade in collapse, Franklin Roosevelt denounced Smoot-Hawley as ruinous. Hoover responded that Roosevelt would have Americans compete with "peasant and sweated labor" abroad. Then, as now, protectionism had a strong if superficial political appeal: by election eve, F.D.R. had backed down, assuring voters that he understood the need for tariffs. Protectionist politicking, however, could not save the Republicans in 1932. Smoot and Hawley joined Hoover in defeat. The Democrats dismantled the G.O.P.'s legislative handiwork with caution, using reciprocal trade agreements rather than across-the-board tariff reductions. The Smoot-Hawley approach was discredited. Sam Rayburn, House Democratic Speaker from 1940 until 1961, insisted that any party member who wanted to serve on the Ways and Means Committee had to support reciprocity, not protectionism.

Unit 78020. No government was spared in the attacks that involved cyber strikes against computer networks in Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Nepal, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam. It's unclear whether this latest campaign will be discussed. Our direct action was surmised in 1996 and countered before lba and firmware renditions.
The information warfare campaign focused on all the governments of Southeast Asia, including the headquarters of the 10-nation Association of Southeast Asian Nations and private and public energy organizations. The operation included data theft, to gain valuable commercial information.

The moral nihilist straw man will suffer the exculpatory adjectives for now.

Amos clearly shows that our nations are headed along the same path to destruction as ancient Israel. There is still hope that we will turn around and avoid the wrath of God, but as each day passes, it becomes more unlikely. We have many lessons to learn, and we seem determined to learn them the hard way.

As for the blind who think "those" people are the problem you have learned very little.

All I can say was the window is here and we are not blamed since we sent the message.

Demoralization, Destabilization, Insurgency, Normalization ... Yuri Bezmenov

They always think it is about them.

Basically plucked Stalin chickens eating the same feed.
https://zh-prod-1cc738ca-7d3b-4a72-b792 ... k=rTb4jjcv
Last edited by aeden on Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:46 am, edited 2 times in total.