Financial topics

Investments, gold, currencies, surviving after a financial meltdown
aedens

Re: Financial topics

Post by aedens »

I myself have been stepping back looking at the numbers. Not pretty and the scramble is a rout from policy on repressionary economics we have noted.
Last edited by aedens on Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:20 am, edited 3 times in total.

aedens

Post by aedens »

Long Term Projection Fib we discussed and I stopped at double triangle as a pause on the exhaustion phase. I agree clear eyed with the assessment
H you forwarded but not on fundamentals as they understand it as we are today. Those guys are very hard to surprise as they conveyed, so do not be.
Last edited by aedens on Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

Good News.

Greece is back on track.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/imf-deep ... ry-program

aedens

Post by aedens »

House Majority Leader Eric Cantor, R-Va., said Republicans will exchange a three-month increase for an official Senate budget resolution.
http://generationaldynamics.com/forum/v ... 460#p17615

There are only two explanations open. Either these self-styled welfare economists are themselves not aware of the logical inadmissibility of their reasoning; or they have chosen this mode of arguing purposely in order to find shelter for their fallacies behind a work which is intended beforehand to disarm all opponents. In each case their own acts condemn them.

http://generationaldynamics.com/forum/v ... 460#p17615

As RC noted: Members of Congress admit, on the Congressional record, they do not even read bills before they sign them.
You know, small spending bills like Obamacare and the so-called "Fiscial Cliff Fix".
You are being self delusional if you believe they know ( or care for that matter ) how much debt they are voting for.
Last edited by aedens on Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:07 am, edited 3 times in total.

aedens

Post by aedens »

Last edited by aedens on Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

aedens

Post by aedens »

Quinn:
Meanwhile, both parties and their mainstream media mouthpieces downplayed the 2% payroll tax increase on every working American. This tax increase has been a complete surprise to the reality TV zombies and Facebook aficionados. Even college educated professionals in my office had no idea their next monthly paycheck was going to be $150 to $200 lighter. This will wipe out most, or all, of the annual raise they received. The tax will fall heavily on the 75% of households that make less than the $113,700 Social Security cutoff.
Attachments
obamabind.jpg
obamabind.jpg (35.5 KiB) Viewed 5222 times
Last edited by aedens on Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

Breaking News:

aedens

Post by aedens »

Opps, reg T the old 12 CFR §220 Raising the margin requirement ostensibly to reduce risk
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-01-1 ... een-trader
Last edited by aedens on Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

OLD1953 wrote:That was kind of my point, since things have to balance between countries, we can't do it all at once
Before you can balance the budget, or have balanced trade, or balance anything, you have to make it a goal.

The only people who have made it a goal, are the Tea Party and the Ron Paul folks.

Both groups are being demonized in the Media, and by you, for making a balanced budget a goal.

Obama does not want to balance the budget, neither do most Democrats or Republicans in Congress, and neither do you, Old.

We know it and you know it.

Let us stop pretending otherwise.

OLD1953

Post by OLD1953 »

Odd you believe that, because the most you've ever backed to the best of my recall was the sequester, and that's only about 1/8 of the deficit next year. I wanted and said several times that I wanted the tax cuts to totally expire for everyone, and that's about half the deficit.

But here, show me what you'd have done in 2011. Let's see your numbers, keeping in mind that SS is not general fund, so cuts there are illusions, you are still selling bonds and creating money through the FED, unless the law gets changed to put SSA income into the general fund. And that is not likely to happen, they are only allowed to buy bonds, by law.

http://federal.budgetchallenge.org/pages/overview

And I'll bet you look at it at the end of that exercise and admit that it would never be passed. Being a realist doesn't mean I don't think the books should balance, it just means I'm a realist. I'm one vote in a country of 100's of millions.