Financial topics

Investments, gold, currencies, surviving after a financial meltdown
Higgenbotham

Re: Financial topics

Post by Higgenbotham »

aedens wrote: http://newsroom.ucla.edu/portal/ucla/FD ... -5409.aspx

As for what is coming? Many see the dark age is already here.
Accurate article describing causes and degree of effects in terms of FDR adding additional pain and 7 years to the Great Depression. Bernake is already equal to FDR multiplied by 10 and he is moving toward 100. Therefore, I believe the only question is whether Bernake has created a dark age lasting decades or whether he will be allowed to continue and extend it toward centuries. While Obama threw gasoline on the fire and the Congress did nothing to stop them I might add.
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

vincecate

Post by vincecate »

Higgenbotham wrote: Accurate article describing causes and degree of effects in terms of FDR adding additional pain and 7 years to the Great Depression. Bernake is already equal to FDR multiplied by 10 and he is moving toward 100. Therefore, as of now I believe the only question is whether Bernake has created a dark age lasting decades or whether it will last centuries. While Obama threw gasoline on the fire and the Congress did nothing to stop them I might add.
As Rome inflated their money by putting less and less silver in their coins they then used wage and price controls. But then people were leaving certain professions where you could no longer make a good living. So then they said you had to have the same profession as your father. This idea lasted even after Rome fell and I think was key to why the dark ages lasted so long. It took the plague decimating the work force before labor was free to move around.

I can't see people making that same mistake again after the coming inflationary disaster. I think America will be wiped out. If the central government falls and the states survive (sort of like USSR falling) then they might recover rather fast really.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

vincecate wrote:If the central government falls and the states survive (sort of like USSR falling) then they might recover rather fast really.
If the states survive I agree that it won't be so bad in some places, especially the ones that aren't heavily urbanized and have energy sources. Once the giant sucking sound from Washington is silenced forever, things will be relatively good out on the periphery.
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

OLD1953

Post by OLD1953 »

Sometimes you just have to restate the obvious.

http://www.cepr.net/index.php/blogs/bea ... de-deficit

California is saying they've picked up enough to balance the state budget.

http://news.yahoo.com/governor-brown-un ... 09838.html

vincecate

Post by vincecate »

OLD1953 wrote: California is saying they've picked up enough to balance the state budget.
On paper they claim they will have a balanced budget this year. I bet the reality is they have a huge deficit this year.

OLD1953

Post by OLD1953 »

Seems likely to me they'll balance to within +- 1%. But it has to wait till the end of the fiscal year to answer that.

This and the mess in the European Economic Zone hangs over every discussion of the future.

http://www.cepr.net/index.php/blogs/bea ... -samuelson

And the question becomes "what do you want"? You can't have a strong dollar with strong savings rates and a bad balance of trade. That's the bind Greece is in.

gerald

Post by gerald »

Higgenbotham wrote:
aedens wrote: http://newsroom.ucla.edu/portal/ucla/FD ... -5409.aspx

As for what is coming? Many see the dark age is already here.
Accurate article describing causes and degree of effects in terms of FDR adding additional pain and 7 years to the Great Depression. Bernake is already equal to FDR multiplied by 10 and he is moving toward 100. Therefore, I believe the only question is whether Bernake has created a dark age lasting decades or whether he will be allowed to continue and extend it toward centuries. While Obama threw gasoline on the fire and the Congress did nothing to stop them I might add.
According to the ancients - ( Greek, Mayan, Egyptian, Hindu, and others) - there is a concept of time called "the great year", "The period of one complete cycle of the equinoxes around the ecliptic, about 25,800 years.

"The 2012 AD alignment as is said to be associated with the Long Count calendar is of exactly this type, being of the latter stated order: Earth > Sun > Galactic Equator, but critically, with one very important additional factor, which indeed makes the entire arrangement far more complex and infrequent: The 2012 AD conjunction is one that involves the earth, sun, and the galactic equator, specifically at a time when the earth is at the winter solstice (northern hemisphere) point of its orbit, at a seasonal extreme. Now, an event of this sort certainly does not occur every year, but rather once only every 25800 years. And this is due to a very subtle celestial motion: precession" http://www.ancient-world-mysteries.com/2012.html

Generally speaking the recent 2012 alignment coincides with the end of a cycle "the great year" and the beginning of a new cycle, the endings and beginnings are at the depths of the "Age of Iron", a relatively short age compared to the longer ages. A complete cycle is - Iron to Bronze to Silver to Gold to Silver to Bronze and back to Iron. Iron is the age of brutal paternalism, autocracy, the using and insensitivity of and to our surroundings, lack of spirituality ( spirituality is not organized religion ), lack of mutual understanding and respect, and the loss due to lack of use of our other senses ( these are different from the commonly known five).

It appears we are in a dark age, the question should be, how dark does it get?

gerald

Post by gerald »

It should also be noted that the beginning of a new "great year" comes after the destruction of the old.

aedens

Post by aedens »

Wages and Salaries as a percentage of GDP continue to decline. Darker one day at a time H. As we noted many times, wasting. Repressionary politics to annihilate savers just as FDR said no accidents, just intent. These people think a vote is a voice. Like you conveyed top to the bottom and never seen in mankind before. Like we have all noted even when you convey it they ignore it. Amos was spot on that they will be delivered to there own design
and it will be to late. The key theme is "will never pass by them again" and it will be pretty damn dark for whatever is sown and already noted in the Book as the Letter is also mangled here.I have had this thought for some time and even some I know appear to miss it. When, or if may I note when they go totally digital money for three and half years just for the fun of a number how many addicts will just plain go over the edge of madness. I have heard and not confirmed that 90 million on North America cannot function above a middle school level and half of those cannot read a menu. As we conveyed here also the amount spent on illegal substances was well over 248 billion and the central nervous system damages of it. Even the actual news is suppressed on the violence around us. Ask a kindergarten teacher about the future since they are never wrong on this fact. We have many decades of observation to these issues and sometimes data driven things are just not facts to some events. As we have seen the failure to clarify by the Democrats own liberal agenda which is fact, and the bloggers dangerous ability to see ahead of the curve in my opinion to date was day one for me going forward here. Peace if we can find it...

Hell Stays Open All Night Long - George Jones
Attachments
wagesalaryration2gdp.png
wagesalaryration2gdp.png (15.57 KiB) Viewed 4528 times

aedens

Post by aedens »

I need to dig up that link in the forums on the survey then on property rights and the bond market. Rick touched on it as the trust factor.
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-01-1 ... more-money

Found it better save copy before the utes scrub it.
http://www.independent.org/publications ... .asp?a=430
The Independent Review, Vol. I, No. 4, Spring 1997, ISSN 1086-1653

We all knew this and structured as such. As I touched on a few times here we have a diverse past as all. The Waffen murdered my Aunts
and my wifes people also to so called civilizations. As we correctly note in Generational Dynamics the vast layering of context and tenacity
of macro parasites on society. We get it on being in life rafts and culture change. Older themes also overlay seamlessly for effects as H notes
on the long count we have incorporated into the running abstract to so called reason. I just consider John's thesis a latency effect for some
and regard his passion for covering such issues we navagate. We live in hard science every day and linkages to themes.
I think the best discussion we had here was the effective tax rate of twenty perecent no matter what you are and per capita spending from there.
Even the french economists surmised this a an effective vehicle of reality I have read over periods. As for me I am going to read some George Nash since
he a damn good read.